I watched the ALSO debate last night and must say that Miss Palin made old McCain look real good!

She exclusively used also, but could have used:
too
likewise
besides
as well
in addition
additionally
similarly
in like manner
along with
more than that
au reste
over and above
thereto
ditto
moreover
furthermore
plus
to boot .......

Miss Palin

She's not a Miss. Its either Mrs (because she's married) or Ms (because shes a woman's libber).

[...] Ms (because shes a woman's libber).

Not quite.

"Many of us think of Ms. or Ms as a fairly recent invention of the women's movement, but in fact the term was first suggested as a convenience to writers of business letters by such publications as the Bulletin of the American Business Writing Association (1951) and The Simplified Letter, issued by the National Office Management Association (1952). Ms. is now widely used in both professional and social contexts. As a courtesy title Ms. serves exactly the same function that Mr. does for men, and like Mr. it may be used with a last name alone or with a full name. Furthermore, Ms. is correct regardless of a woman's marital status, thus relegating that information to the realm of private life, where many feel it belongs anyway. Some women prefer Miss or Mrs., however, and courtesy requires that their wishes be respected." ~The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Governess Palin clearly won this debate. On top of that, she was expected to do poorly and she did darn well. She is a master debater, and can use about 10 basic sentences, mix them up properly and run a 90 minute debate with high skills.

Here are a few of her new ideas:

Washington wastes too much money, and she will change that!

She single-handedly will drill for more oil and gas to make America independent from all those Canadian imports.

America does not know how to win a war, she will change that.

Rich people know how to handle money best. Also, poor people just waste it, buying cheap Chinese goods and therefore sending jobs overseas.

Ene Uran,
Since you seems to have master down the "skill of analysis", could you give me, a mere ignorant unlearned in the ways of politics, a synopsis of the "new ideas" that Biden exposed on his behalf?

Ene Uran,
Since you seems to have master down the "skill of analysis", could you give me, a mere ignorant unlearned in the ways of politics, a synopsis of the "new ideas" that Biden exposed on his behalf?

Old folks don't have new ideas! However Bob Barr, who is 59 at this point, is full of new ideas:
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/home/skip/?s=0618

Governess Palin clearly won this debate. On top of that, she was expected to do poorly and she did darn well. She is a master debater, and can use about 10 basic sentences, mix them up properly and run a 90 minute debate with high skills.

Here are a few of her new ideas:

Washington wastes too much money, and she will change that!

She single-handedly will drill for more oil and gas to make America independent from all those Canadian imports.

America does not know how to win a war, she will change that.

Rich people know how to handle money best. Also, poor people just waste it, buying cheap Chinese goods and therefore sending jobs overseas.

Sounds a lot like George Bush's Washington outsider ideas in 2000!

Old folks don't have new ideas! However Bob Barr, who is 59 at this point, is full of new ideas:
http://www.bobbarr2008.com/home/skip/?s=0618

My Grandpapa just turned 70 and I have to admit, he lives much in the past, new ideas are simply not there!

Went to Bob Barr's site, he does sound great!

Note was the french president in question was Chirac and not Charic. I agree that after a certain age, some people should stop to work, like presidents, popes, etc. I don't vote in this poll because I'm french :)

Please vote for the fellow called Other, he needs more votes.

Old folks don't have new ideas! [...]

I am shocked that you say that[1]. Don't you know Biden is running with in the ticket for Change?

[1] No only you have definitely master the "skill of BS" you have improved the way of stepping on it.

I am shocked that you say that[1]. Don't you know Biden is running with in the ticket for Change?

[1] No only you have definitely master the "skill of BS" you have improved the way of stepping on it.

Change is not new.

Also: Please vote for the fellow called Other, he needs more votes.

McCain is in Iowa putting lipstick on pigs.

Wallstreet is installing windows that don't open.

The FDIC is now insuring the $250,000 that you don't have.

Sarah Palin has a firm grip on what little she knows.

Very funny Dave! I didn't know you had it in you!

All I can say is that the quality of a law school education seems to be declining quite a bit of late.

[edit]Heh.

Doesn't anyone bother to read what they are arguing about? Read Article 1 then come talk to us. Dave, I am surprised that you did not read the articles yourself rather than rely on someone else for your opinion. Just because the title of the article is "The Legislative Branch" is no impediment to its being where the role of the Vice President is defined - the reason that the VP is sometimes compared to a 'bucket of warm spit' is there is only one duty assigned to him and it is in Article 1.

[edit]heh,heh - you guys are tap dancing as fast as you can.

Oh, I do. I just like to let folks step into their own shit once in a while.

Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the executive

[edit]Or more fully...

Vice President Cheney’s been the most dangerous vice president we’ve had probably in American history. He has — he has — the idea he doesn’t realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that’s the executive— he works in the executive branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

Just like you said, right?

You still haven't read the articles yet have you..

My rule of thumb: when you have to explain the joke the 3rd time, just drop it instead.

"There’s a place in hell reserved for women who don’t support other women."
~~~ Sarah Palin

Midly beyond her usual smear stuff.

and Palin:
"We're gonna take every aspect of this crisis and look at it, and then we're gonna ask ourselves what would a maverick do in this situation and then you know we'll do that,''

You betcha! She thinks we are all hockey pucks!

Well, we could use an import, don't you think? I imagine I am not the last person to think about Monte Python.

Latest polls:

Obama, a 47 year old Illinois senator, leads among women, blacks, Hispanics, young voters, self-described moderates and those making less than $50,000 a year.

McCain, a 72 year old, an Arizona senator, leads among men, whites, older voters, Catholics, and those making more than $100,000 a year.

Has anyone considered the consequences of putting this child Obama in the white house? I have heard some of the most idiotic and inept decision making in choosing thier candidates in my entire life. Mcain is sad as well, is this the best the republican party can come up with?!?! Obama is part of the freddy & fanny gang which broke this country. Does this matter to anyone?! He stands for nothing and lies about everything. The government in this country is so morally bankrupt its just sick and how anyone can tote a flag for any of these candidates needs to stop and think and do some research. Look at the people Obama looks up to and surrounds himself with. Character and associates matter greatly in a court of law so why should the same not apply with the leader of the country. Shame on everyone who casually tosses these gravely important issues aside and calls them "distractions". I am not voting for Mcain but against Obama. Its the lesser of the two evils. Age should not be an issue. Reagan never died, and how many heart attacks has Cheney had?

I am going with the lesser of the two weavils. I don't particularly like Obama, but I would rather him in than McCain.

Personally I think people screwed up hardcore on disrespecting Hilary Clinton throughout her campaign. She was the true leader and I believe that we are going to end up paying more then we wish to for that mistake.

Has anyone considered the consequences of putting this child Obama in the white house? I have heard some of the most idiotic and inept decision making in choosing thier candidates in my entire life. Mcain is sad as well, is this the best the republican party can come up with?!?! Obama is part of the freddy & fanny gang which broke this country. Does this matter to anyone?! He stands for nothing and lies about everything. The government in this country is so morally bankrupt its just sick and how anyone can tote a flag for any of these candidates needs to stop and think and do some research. Look at the people Obama looks up to and surrounds himself with. Character and associates matter greatly in a court of law so why should the same not apply with the leader of the country. Shame on everyone who casually tosses these gravely important issues aside and calls them "distractions". I am not voting for Mcain but against Obama. Its the lesser of the two evils. Age should not be an issue. Reagan never died, and how many heart attacks has Cheney had?

Well, we elected the child called George Bush twice. The child Obama is a heck of a lot smarter than him! Standing for nothing and lying about everything is standard operating procedure in American politics. Everybody in Washington had their hands in the freddy&fanny cookie jar.

so his alliances and friends hold no bearing for you whatsoever?!?! Are you serious?! Character and judgement hold you accountable in a court of law, but they don't matter for the president of the united states?!?!?! Tony Rezco, Jeremiah Wright, and Flager, William Ayers? I think his charcter and judgment stink!

commented: learn how to spell -1
commented: Needs more punctuation marks. -2
commented: Watch out for the lefties presenting 'distractions' to avoid any substance. :icon_razz: +17

Well, we can bring up Charles Keating, McCains very close buddy who went to jail because he robbed thousands of seniors of their life's savings. Then comes the way McCain dumped his first wife after she got sick. Now you are talking of someones character and judgment stinking!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.