It's called an RSS reader. My variety tends right, go figure.

It's called an RSS reader. My variety tends right, go figure.

Dave,Dave,Dave - it was a joke.

Ah. This damn election cycle was worn on me far too much. I can't wait 'til it's over.

Ah. This damn election cycle was worn on me far too much. I can't wait 'til it's over.

I almost don't want to read any more on this thread.

I knew Aunt Carol - she beat the crap outa me in jump school.

http://electiononline.org/

Poll workers clash at Old Folks Home, you gotta think of the old newspaper battles around the turn of the century when rival 'newsboys' would get into fights.

The older seniors couldn't raise their hand fast enough, eventually there would have been another 20 or so going for McCain.

some would disagree

According to Fox News Senator John McCain has clearly won the third debate against that one.

The American Enterprise Institute is nothing but a propaganda arm of the Republican party.

As legacy media is for the Democratic party.

Joe the plumber is a hero?
McCain mentioned him 22 times in last night's debate, but what is the poor man's real name:
McCain called him Joe Wurzelburger and the legacy media calls him Joe Wurzelbacher.

According to McCain Palin's son suffers from autism, but the the legacy media reports it as Down's Syndrome.

According to Fox News Senator John McCain has clearly won the third debate against that one.

ZZ, you are almost at 666 posts - keep up the good work.

The whole McCain campaign reminds me more and more of Elmer Fudd hunting Bugs Bunny and injuring himself in the process.

Now we are finding out that McCain's hero "Joe the Plumber" is not a plumber, but a construction worker that has previously appeared on a number of right wing talk shows.

I would say overwhelmingly is the better word. A poll of Fox News viewers had McCain winning the third debate by 87% that is 1% higher then the poll after the second debate! Judging from the folks I know that watch Fox News it should have been 100% for McCain! Where went Fox wrong?

We also learned that John McCain is not George Bush. I am sure a lot of folks are disappointed!

The whole McCain campaign reminds me more and more of Elmer Fudd hunting Bugs Bunny and injuring himself in the process.

Now we are finding out that McCain's hero "Joe the Plumber" is not a plumber, but a construction worker that has previously appeared on a number of right wing talk shows.

From a friend in Ohio:
Joe Wurzelbacher, "Joe the Plumber", doesn't have a business license in Ohio -- he doesn't even have a license to be a plumber in Ohio -- he doesn't have a listing in the Toledo area yellow pages or white pages, and he's not even registered to vote!

He claims that Obama's economic policies will drive him into poverty, take his kids away, repossess his big screen tv, wreck his car and kill his dog.

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDI0ZTZmODRhNGI4MWEzNGQ2NWNmZmI3Nzg3ZGFmZDg=

Getting a lot of emails along these lines:

I don't know why I'm e-mailing you, except that I just need to vent to someone on The Corner. Pass this around to the others if you like — I bet I'm not the only one.

I really don't like McCain. I'll probably vote for him just as a vote for divided government. I'm far too libertarian in my leanings to be comfortable with McCain (or Obama, for that matter).

That said, the way the pro-Obama media and bloggers, and Obama himself, have responded to Joe has got me nearly shaking with rage. They are attempting to destroy a man — a private citizen — who had the audacity to ask The One a question. Mind you, Joe was on his front lawn playing football with his son when Obama strolled up to give him his hopenchange spiel. Obama approached Joe, not the other way around. And Joe asked Obama an honest question. And Obama gave him an honest — and very, very revealing — answer. Again, mind you, the embarassment was on Obama's end, not Joe's. It wasn't a gotcha question.

And yet, for that Joe is being pilloried, every aspect of his private and professional life being sorted through and exposed. To prove ... what? What does that have to do with Obama's answer? What does Joe's situation have to do with Obama's philosophical answer — that he wants to "spread the wealth"? Obama's answer goes down the memory hole while the nation concentrates its fire on obliterating Joe the Plumber.

It's sickening, it's maddening and it's downright chilling.

Sorry for the length. But I am just SEETHING.

And:

I was at LSAT class tonight and the instructor had the audacity to state that Joe the Plumber is a "lunatic" fit to be paralized because he allegedly questioned the merits of social security. The instructor then went on to construct a sample question in which Joe the Plumber is confined to a wheel chair because he has been run down by McCain's 'straight talk express' bus.

Mind you, this professional "educator" graduated from Georgetown, Harvard Law, and Harvard Business. And I'm supposed to be worried about Sarah Palin's lack of an "elite" education?

And:

I could care less about Joe's background, whether he's legit, or whether he is a McCain operative. What I do care about is that I could be attacked like a public figure simply for asking a question, like Joe. I am chilled. No longer undecided either.

The most interesting part is watching lefties set out to destroy a man for speaking his mind, and they seem to almost be taking pride in it.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/10/sick-left-now-fantasizes-about-joe.html

If you google "Wurzelbacher Keating" you find this:
December 13, 1993
Robert M. Wurzelbacher Jr., a son-in-law of the former head of Lincoln Savings, Charles H. Keating Jr., must surrender next year to begin a 40-month prison sentence. Wurzelbacher has pleaded guilty to three counts of misapplying $14 million from Lincoln, an Irvine, Calif., savings association.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE7DE123CF930A25751C1A965958260

Charles H. Keating Jr. is a good friend of John McCain.

Yes. You are apparently one of those who delights in trying to destroy a man for asking a question. Kudos.

Barack Obama came to Toledo in Ohio, that is not Joe Wurzelbacher's home town, so how could he play football on his front lawn and see Obama? Well, if Palin can see Russia from her house?

You do an excellent job of staying on the left-wacko talking points.

L.A. Times: Joe the Plumber Has Liens!!!!1!!

Not because it says anything about Joe the Plumber, mind you. But it does serve a useful function: it warns any future citizen who might dare question Barack Obama that his life will be closely scrutinized for any irrelevant but embarrassing information.

So, you know. Critical in that sense.

What is lien? Poor man, I hope there is medication for it.

I think McCain called him a plumber, not Obama. Actually, calling somebody a plumber isn't really that bad!

Yes. You are apparently one of those who delights in trying to destroy a man for asking a question. Kudos.

Keep this poor man from being destroyed by terrorist from the left by sending him at least one $100 bill in an envelope marked "from a friend." If you don't know his address, you can route it via Fox News. :)

No, no, no. McCain mentioned Joe 22 times in the debate so people wanted to know who he was - you know it was not an attempt destroy Joe, it was an attempt to find out who it was that impressed McCain so much. In the process of finding out who Joe was, they found out who Joe was. McCain shot himself in the foot (or higher) with Joe.

For those with leftward tendencies, the central issue at hand was the question asked and Obama's answer.

[edit]

You will find no better illustration of the hazards of simply asking a question Barack Obama doesn't want to answer than the frenzy on the part of Obama's campaign and his allies in the media and the Left blogs to attack Joe the Plumber. The amazing thing is, this isn't a guy who was set up by one of the campaigns to tell a sob story that had to be checked. Obama was going door to door, he met this guy who was playing football in his yard *. Joe said he'd like to be more successful and buy his own business, and asked Obama why that meant he should have to pay higher taxes, and Obama gave his now-infamous answer that "I think that when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody." John McCain responded by retelling that story in the debate to illustrate Obama's instincts for redistribution, and both candidates ended up using Joe as an example of how their various plans would affect small businesspeople.

But fearful of the damage caused by Obama's answer, the Obama camp and its surrogates have gone on the attack against this ordinary citizen from Toldeo:

*Obama campaign flacks attacking McCain for failing to "vet" a guy who only became an issue because Obama showed up in his yard.

*Ben Smith dug up his voter registration. (More here).

*The media dug up tax liens on him *

*Not only did reporters go after his licensing as a plumber, but now government officials are after his business.

*Lefty blogs publishing his home address and writing up attacks on him and digging into his family tree.

*Here's a NY Times article digging up more dirt on Joe than they've bothered to cobble together on Obama, and another here.

*Andrew Sullivan finds a new obsession with the plumber, reducing this man to a "hood ornament[]" (here, here, and here).

*Here is a roundup of the media frenzy. Remember, read all these and ask yourself when the last time was you saw a report on, say, Barack Obama's relationship with the Chicago political machine.

(As Ace notes, the Chicago-style ton of bricks dropped on Joe should help intimidate people who might actually come forward with stories from Obama's past he doesn't want told)

Dave, I have looked at the blogs you post links to. They are not particularly nice either. That is not to say that either are the good guys - I don't buy into the they did it so we can do it too. But the right can't whine about the left after 20 years of Rush Limbaugh and his ilk.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.