Obama is a quack.

This is a pretty stupid statement (not calling you stupid).

Vote McCain NOT Hussein.

Are you a religionist saying that it is better to vote for McCain because he is a Christian and you think obama is not?
OR
Are you racist suggesting it is better to vote for McCain because he is white and Obama is not?

Using a last name for one candidate and a middle name for another candidate in the same sentence SEEMS to imply one or the other of the above statements. If it does not, them please tell me how it is an appropriate way to speak of a US Senator and candidate for President.

Just because someone proclaims they are a Christian doesn't mean they really are.

That's true. I doubt you're qualified to judge the matter.

Obama is a quack.

MCain is a hack.

I was skeptical of McCain at the beginning of the race, but he really has done very well in the debates. Despite the few slip ups like referring to Obama as "that one" and other negative remarks that didn't help him. So for him, I don't see age as being an issue. What I think would be more of an issue was that he was a prisoner of war for years. I sometimes wonder what the long-term effects turn out to be.

When MCCain dies you are gonna be left with Palin and she scares the hell out of me

Tomarrow night it will be President-Elect Obama.

This is a pretty stupid statement (not calling you stupid).

Sure it is. But that's your opinion.

Are you a religionist saying that it is better to vote for McCain because he is a Christian and you think obama is not?
OR
Are you racist suggesting it is better to vote for McCain because he is white and Obama is not?

Using a last name for one candidate and a middle name for another candidate in the same sentence SEEMS to imply one or the other of the above statements. If it does not, them please tell me how it is an appropriate way to speak of a US Senator and candidate for President.

I'm not a religionist (which isn't even a word) and I am not a racist (I am multiracial myself!). I just simply like McCain better than Obama because I agree with his stand on most issues. Again, this has NOTHING to do with religion or race. This is about politics.
And I don't really care if you think that what I said is "inappropriate" because it is just a catchy slogan. No big deal. Honestly.

That's true. I doubt you're qualified to judge the matter.

MCain is a hack.

Neither are you.

Neither are you.

Of course not, but then I didn't presume to call into question whether anyone is "really a Christian".

Of course not, but then I didn't presume to call into question whether anyone is "really a Christian".

Even so, you judge McCain on different issues do you not?
I judge Obama by his issues. Christians are pro-life, not pro-abortion. And Obama has voted for abortion 3 times. Sorry if this is considered judging, but everyone does it.

So then you do feel qualified to judge his Christianity. On what basis do you draw that qualification?

So then you do feel qualified to judge his Christianity. On what basis do you draw that qualification?

I'm not going further into religion.
I told you what I believed based on his stand on certain issues. Period.
We all have different opinions, let's not fight about it.

My opinions probably don't matter anyway because I truly think Obama will win.

My opinions probably don't matter anyway because I truly think Obama will win.

That remains to be seen.

That remains to be seen.

True true.

I am not too sure

I dont think americans will vote for a black man
also he has no experience

I dont really like either of them, but i think Obama may be a good idea whereas MCCain is Bush 2.0. However, its a huge gamble.

lol what a fool

I'm not a religionist (which isn't even a word) and I am not a racist (I am multiracial myself!). I just simply like McCain better than Obama because I agree with his stand on most issues. Again, this has NOTHING to do with religion or race. This is about politics.
And I don't really care if you think that what I said is "inappropriate" because it is just a catchy slogan. No big deal. Honestly.

Thank you, I was judging you on the amount of respect you offered for the 2 candidates, using the last names for both seems a sign of respect. The term 'religionist' is a word; sometimes used in the manner I used it and sometimes used in differently in different contexts.

Obama has voted for abortion 3 times.

First of all, did you check this out or simply believe someone elses hearsay? As far as I understand, Obama is against abortion except in cases where it threatens the life of the woman.

Got to go now, we are having a preelection party at church to celebrate Obamas win.

First of all, did you check this out or simply believe someone elses hearsay? As far as I understand, Obama is against abortion except in cases where it threatens the life of the woman.

Obama's Voting Record
Obama defends Roe vs. Wade.
He is pro-choice... which means he is pro-abortion.
Where did you hear that he was against abortion? Everyone knows his stand on this issue. He voted for infanticide. I posted a video about this on another thread.

Obama's Voting Record
Obama defends Roe vs. Wade.
He is pro-choice... which means he is pro-abortion.
Where did you hear that he was against abortion? Everyone knows his stand on this issue. He voted for infanticide. I posted a video about this on another thread.

Yeah, you posted a video that opened with a lie and continued to lie all the way through. Posting lies is not supporting your position very well.
He did not vote for infanticide - that is a lie.
He is pro-choice - that is not pro-abortion.
He defends Roe v Wade because Roe v Wade supports his pro-choice view.
Here are some the bills he sponsored.
I looked at your link and it did not actually show his voting record; it just commented on what they thought his record was (but then so is my link).

BAIPA is from his time in the Illinois State Senate.

Yeah, you posted a video that opened with a lie and continued to lie all the way through. Posting lies is not supporting your position very well.
He did not vote for infanticide - that is a lie.
He is pro-choice - that is not pro-abortion.
He defends Roe v Wade because Roe v Wade supports his pro-choice view.
Here are some the bills he sponsored.
I looked at your link and it did not actually show his voting record; it just commented on what they thought his record was (but then so is my link).

Pro-choice is pro-abortion in my opinion. There is no in between. You're either pro-life or pro-death.
What lies are you talking about?
He DID vote for infanticide. (In 2002, he voted "NO" to protect newborns. A part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Package that protected infants after a failed abortion attempt, Senate Bill 230). That is infanticide.
In 1997 he voted yes to allow partial-birth abortions. (Senate Bill 1661)
In 2000 he voted yes to allow state funding of abortion and induced miscarriages. (House Bill 709)

I'm 75% certain that I will vote for Obama. I don't want someone who is 7 years older than I am to be President. He needs to be in a nursing home, not the white house. Even French President Charic was only 62 when he was first elected as president.

I know this post was from a while back, but I just had to comment it. Because I work in a nursing home and believe me, he's really not that old. You should see the people I take care of. ;)

I know this post was from a while back, but I just had to comment it. Because I work in a nursing home and believe me, he's really not that old. You should see the people I take care of. ;)

Yes, I know -- those poor souls in nursing homes are in really bad shape both physically and mentally.

I will correct my statement -- I am now 100% sure I will vote for Obama today. It will have to be later this afternoon though because I have to work today. Unfortunately I think I will have to wait in voting lines a loooooong time.

God bless you for working with the elderly! McCain is not old enough to go into a nursing home quite yet, but he is too old to hold a leadership role. The US military wouldn't put an old person like that into even a low rank leadership position.

In the last few days McCain and his shadow have promissed so many things they will do for us to get extra votes. Most of these are not even in presidents realm. After insulting just about every Democrat in sight, how will they reach across the isle to get all these promisses accomplished? I guess those mavericks don't think about that.

It's an incredibly grueling job at any age, from the hours the job demands, the incredible stress, and the lack of any privacy. Much like the campaign. I admire anyone who can do it at any age.

Pro-choice is pro-abortion in my opinion. There is no in between. You're either pro-life or pro-death.

Your opinion - that is why there is choice - not everyone chooses to believe what you believe.

What lies are you talking about?

From the beginning of the video "... if Obama had his way, I would be dead"

He DID vote for infanticide. (In 2002, he voted "NO" to protect newborns. A part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Package that protected infants after a failed abortion attempt, Senate Bill 230). That is infanticide.

Illinois already has a law against killing living persons - he voted against that bill because it had no allowances for health of mother or incest or rape.

In 1997 he voted yes to allow partial-birth abortions. (Senate Bill 1661)
In 2000 he voted yes to allow state funding of abortion and induced miscarriages. (House Bill 709)

Correct, he supports choice.

Okay GrimJack, no need to debate anymore.
The election is over.
So you can say whatever you want about your opinions of Obama, but mine will remain the same.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.