I am not sure if the vice president makes such a difference, as long as he/she doesn't suffer from "foot in mouth" disease.

Ronald Reagan for president!
He's a better president dead than either of the current candidates will ever be alive.

commented: Glad to agree with this :) +31

Ronald Reagan was one of the real big spenders, adding a huge junk of debt for later generations to pay. What is so great about that?

The polls so far indicate a rather close race. Many folks I know are scared of the faltering US economy, and a war to be paid for by inflation. Reagan ran the Russians down by lavishly outspending them on the military. Now it looks like we are doing the same thing to ourselves!

The US now spends more on its military then the rest of the world combined. I hope the new leadership comes to its senses. After all it was Ike (Eisenhower) that warned us about the military-industrial complex getting out of hand!

In the US a movement is bubbling at the state level to ensure that future presidents are the candidates who get the most votes nationwide.

Ronald Reagan for president!
He's a better president dead than either of the current candidates will ever be alive.

God bless you! Let's vote for the Gipper then!

Isn't Reagan the president who destroyed the US Public Health system, sold missiles to Iran to use the money to support the 'terrorist' Contras, fired the entire Air Traffic Control workforce (95% of the replacements are coming up for retirement soon, all pretty much at the same time), I could go on but I might be shouting into the abyss on this one.

Isn't Reagan the president who destroyed the US Public Health system, sold missiles to Iran to use the money to support the 'terrorist' Contras, fired the entire Air Traffic Control workforce (95% of the replacements are coming up for retirement soon, all pretty much at the same time), I could go on but I might be shouting into the abyss on this one.

With time people say nasty things about any president. Look at George Bush, the almost perfect president, yet there's few folk still unhappy with him.

Yeah, people are so darned gossipy - never happy with the pretty pictures 'they' feed us, we gotta go look behind the curtan.

Is Our Children Learning?
Fully 78% of voters cite education as an important issue.

In the last Church Social I met a woman who said she wouldn't vote for Obama because his middle name is Hussein. I asked her what McCain's middle name is, she didn't know!

I sure hope McCain changes his mind about supporting torture. We imported all our best tricks from the Chinese after the Korean War - Lookee here!

I sure hope McCain changes his mind about supporting torture. We imported all our best tricks from the Chinese after the Korean War - Lookee here!

I am sure McCain has experienced it all and more during his own imprisonment and torture in the Hanoi Hilton.

Subscription required.

I'll substitute http://clusty.com/search?query=mk-ultra

Dang! When I first went there I got right there (first one is free??). This is the quote I was going for :

SCOTT SHANE writes in the New York Times:The military trainers who came to Guantnamo Bay in December 2002 based an entire interrogation class on a chart showing the effects of "coercive management techniques" for possible use on prisoners, including "sleep deprivation," "prolonged constraint," and "exposure."What the trainers did not say, and may not have known, was that their chart had been copied verbatim from a 1957 Air Force study of Chinese Communist techniques used during the Korean War to obtain confessions, many of them false, from American prisoners<<emphasis mine>>.The recycled chart is the latest and most vivid evidence of the way Communist interrogation methods that the United States long described as torture became the basis for interrogations both by the military at the base at Guantnamo Bay, Cuba, and by the Central Intelligence Agency.Some methods were used against a small number of prisoners at Guantnamo before 2005, when Congress banned the use of coercion by the military. The C.I.A. is still authorized by President Bush to use a number of secret "alternative" interrogation methods.

I am sure McCain has experienced it all and more during his own imprisonment and torture in the Hanoi Hilton.

Yes! He even gave false confessions under torture(1) - this would lead a person to wonder why he voted to kill the Senate's anti-torture bill(2).

Yes! He even gave false confessions under torture(1) - this would lead a person to wonder why he voted to kill the Senate's anti-torture bill(2).

Ah so true! Maybe he is a flipper?

Looks like the expected smear-mail crusade against Obama is in full swing.

Read my lips, it's the ecnomics!

"I mean, these good folks are revolutionizing how businesses conduct their business. And, like them, I am very optimistic about our position in the world and about its influence on the United States. We're concerned about the short-term economic news, but long-term I'm optimistic. And so, I hope investors, you know -secondly, I hope investors hold investments for periods of time -that I've always found the best investments are those that you salt away based on economics."
Words of wisdom from George W. Bush (Austin, TX 01/04/2001)

ZZ - he said just about the same thing the other day - I sometimes wonder if he might not have one those pull-things on his back - pull it out, release and a string of pseudo-random phrases come out.

Are you talking about Bush or McCain?
In either case a string of pseudo-random phrases would make more sense!

According to the latest Zogby poll, 10% of Americans are giving President Bush's economic policy the thumbs up.

The other 90% are using a different finger.

commented: That's goooood :) +34

Since both present presidential candidates are questioning trade policies, here is a word of wisdom from the present President:
"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."

Quebec City, Canada
04/21/2001
at the Summit of the Americas

My friends, more commerce will solve all of our problems! Hey Lieberman, wonder what an Iranian looks like? Are them soonies or she-ites?

if you're voting for mccain, you're pretty much voting for his vp, he's so old he's gonna die in office.

if you're voting for mccain, you're pretty much voting for his vp, he's so old he's gonna die in office.

He will most likely outlive many of the old pharts that vote for him!

<<gross and not worth reading further>>

That growth on his neck, eww - it wasn't there the first few times he ran for president. What is it? Alien parasite? remote control device?

I think some overcautious lobbyists have installed some kind of remote mind control, like they don't have him in their pocket already.

McCains foreign policy seems to consist of insults and intimidations. He wants to kick the Russians out of the G8, and calls the Germans "creepy" for applauding Obama's speech in Berlin.

McCain: "Obama will raise your taxes, I won't."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.