What was John McSame thinking when he was looking at McDame? Or was he thinking?

Hopefully Captain McCain treats his runningmate a little warmer than his wife. He treats his wife in public like she has an infectious disease.

Hopefully Captain McCain treats his runningmate a little warmer than his wife. He treats his wife in public like she has an infectious disease.

Have you ever said anything useful?

commented: More than you Mr. Stinkula +4

Er, Dave! Have you said anything useful? Mote...log eye - that whole thing.

Oh sweet Jesus! There I said something useful! That alone beats all your posts combined.

Er, Dave! Have you said anything useful? Mote...log eye - that whole thing.

Que?

Oh sweet Jesus! There I said something useful! That alone beats all your posts combined.

LMAO

Que?
LMAO

"Honey, I can't come to bed now, someone on the internet is wrong!"

Since the political conventions are pretty much over, let the race begin!

Below you can watch the meter measuring the excitement about the Republican ticket:

I prefer Obama to be the President . Last 9 years the US has messed up a lot of foreign policy issues making enemies of the general world . A President who actually stresses diplomacy instead of the war happy hawks is preferable .

I prefer Obama to be the President . Last 9 years the US has messed up a lot of foreign policy issues making enemies of the general world . A President who actually stresses diplomacy instead of the war happy hawks is preferable .

I can only agree with you! Just common sense rather than trailer trash logic.

Below you can watch the meter measuring the excitement about the Republican ticket:

Where did you get that meter image from? It's so cute for this situation.

I think your meter's broken. Did you catch Palin's speech tonight?

WOW! She made a lot of good points.
On Obama :
"....this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."
"Victory in Iraq is finally in sight … he wants to forfeit."
"Terrorist states are seeking new-clear weapons without delay … he wants to meet them without preconditions."

She has experience as a leader and an executive - what have Obama or Biden done other than be in Congress?

I think the race is going to get more interesting in the coming weeks.

On Obama :
"....this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."
"Terrorist states are seeking new-clear weapons without delay … he wants to meet them without preconditions."

She has experience as a leader and an executive - what have Obama or Biden done other than be in Congress?

Loved every minute of it.

Biden ain't even in the same game. The R's #2 just went for the D's #1's jugular.

:icon_razz:

Looks like the election is turning into the usual mud slinging contest with little actual substance.

Looks like the election is turning into the usual mud slinging contest with little actual substance.

:D
Just woke up from a nine month nap?

Much like McCain? You know, the one who is actually running for President?

She has experience as a leader of what? What did she execute as an executive?
Actual examples of each would be appreciated.

Looks like Palin will make a good replacement for Dick Cheney. So she doesn't need any experience there.

She has experience as a leader of what? What did she execute as an executive?
Actual examples of each would be appreciated.

The state of Alaska, like most states, has a website.

So, you got nothin'! I see that they took down the ad where Stevens asks for all good Alaskans to vote for Palin for Governor to keep the good times rolling.

All I found was this:

Hmm. I didn't see that here.

Pretty boring web site.

Some famous quotes:

I'm most amazed by the fact that the race is between the left, the lefter, the really left, the really lefter, the my-god-I'm-left, the oh-yeah-I'm-even-lefter, the I-am-by-far-the-most-left, the right, the I'm-either-left-or-right-but-overall-wacky. Once the right gets squeezed out, it ought to make for an interesting election.

America is about freedom, the freedom to be uneducated, the freedom to arm themselves, the freedom to belong to a church group, the freedom to work or not to work, the freedom to guzzle gas and polute the air, all is included in the word. Any politician doubting these sacred principles is on the losing end, as far as the average voters are concerned.

I would say "Sarah Palin for President" since she not such a lefty, and is not connected to the shameful "Keating Five Scandal."

On Obama :

Yes she made a decent speech, but she isn't running for President.

>>what have Obama or Biden done other than be in Congress?
Make the same statement about a lot of past presidents, most notably JFK and LBJ.

Q: how many presidents were neither senators nor governors?
A: here

On Obama :

Let's go over some of what she said:
PALIN: "I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending ... and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress. I told the Congress 'thanks but no thanks' for that Bridge to Nowhere."
THE FACTS: As mayor of Wasilla, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her two years as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, by far the largest per-capita request in the nation. While Palin notes she rejected plans to build a $398 million bridge from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents and an airport, that opposition came only after the plan was ridiculed nationally as a "bridge to nowhere."
PALIN: "There is much to like and admire about our opponent. But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform — not even in the state senate."
THE FACTS: Compared to McCain and his two decades in the Senate, Obama does have a more meager record. But he has worked with Republicans to pass legislation that expanded efforts to intercept illegal shipments of weapons of mass destruction and to help destroy conventional weapons stockpiles. The legislation became law last year. To demean that accomplishment would be to also demean the work of Republican Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, a respected foreign policy voice in the Senate. In Illinois, he was the leader on two big, contentious measures in Illinois: studying racial profiling by police and requiring recordings of interrogations in potential death penalty cases. He also successfully co-sponsored major ethics reform legislation.

Didn't you notice that the republicans have been in charge of the White House for the last (near) 8 years and the Legislative branch for 6 of the last 8 years. The have done nothing but run up the national debt, run down the economy, and trash the job market for Americans. Four more years of Bush/Cheney is just WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Probably the only good thing Palin would bring to the Vice Presidency is when she shoots a lawyer friend, she probably won't miss. How is this the party of change?

Palin (Governor of Alaska) would be a breath of fresh air in Washington, just like George Bush (Governor of Texas) was in 2000.

Hey Snee, keep from badmouthing Sarah Palin. She is a true hero, loving mother, apple pie, articulate thinker all rolled into one, and would make a great President. If only old McCain would have the decency to step aside before the election.

Well, she is gorgeous and yeah -- damn, McCain looks so puny old and ugly next to her!

Hey Snee, keep from badmouthing Sarah Palin. She is a true hero, loving mother, apple pie, articulate thinker all rolled into one, and would make a great President. If only old McCain would have the decency to step aside before the election.

Says who???

Books Palin tried to ban
(This information is taken from the official minutes of the Wasilla Library Board).

Some are obvious. Others just don't makes sense. In any case, she had no right injecting herself in the library. Shades of nazism all over again!

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
Blubber by Judy Blume
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
Carrie by Stephen King
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Christine by Stephen King
Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Cujo by Stephen King
Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
Daddy's Roommate by Michael Willhoite
Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Decameron by Boccaccio
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland
Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Forever by Judy Blume
Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Have to Go by Robert Munsch
Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Impressions edited by Jack Booth
In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
It's Okay if You Don't Love Me by Norma Klein
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein
Lysistrata by Aristophanes
More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher
Collier
My House by Nikki Giovanni
My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara
Night Chills by Dean Koontz
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Ordinary People by Judith Guest
Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women's Health Collective
Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl
Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
Separate Peace by John Knowles
Silas Marner by George Eliot
Slaughterhouse- Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The (child born out of wedlock) by John Jakes
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Devil's Alternative by Frederick Forsyth
The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
The Living Bible by William C. Bower
The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
The Pigman by Paul Zindel
The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
The Shining by Stephen King
The Witches by Roald Dahl
The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
Then Again, Maybe I Won't by Judy Blume
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster
Editorial Staff
Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween
Symbols by Edna Barth

That thread goes on and on. Would you really want a president who advocates banning books, censorship ?

She doesn't even know what a VP does!

It simply shows that she is a well read person. I am sure she wouldn't ban any of these books without having them read in all details. There is a difference between banning a book and burning it. Looks like she likes books about guns and hunting more.

It simply shows that she is a well read person. I am sure she wouldn't ban any of these books without having them read in all details. There is a difference between banning a book and burning it. Looks like she likes books about guns and hunting more.

Censorship is censorship is communism. She may be a great mom, a great wife, a great hunter, but anyone who advocates censorship of any book doesn't belong in the white house. My wife is a great mom and wife too, but I wouldn't vote for her either :)

What do we really know about Sarah Palin other than "loving mother, apple pie, articulate thinker all rolled into one". Answer: Not a damed thing. But I'm sure we will find out in the next couple months.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.