Not so fast! McCain and Palin are plain old liars, but Obama commits the ultimate sin, he lectures. Past history has shown that the standard American voter will pick a liar over a lecturer any old time. In this case the guy with the funny name will come out the fool.

Even the right-leaning Washington Post has given up on McCain/Palin.

That's bending things a bit IMO.

Richard Cohen (Washington Post columnist)

Cohen's political views are generally seen as liberal on most issues.

I wouldn't find it odd that a liberal-leaning person doesn't care for the Republican ticket.

If you keep disowning everyone who begins to question the McCain/Palin ticket, you are not going to have many conservatives left on your side. David Brooks of the New York Times, heck even Karl Rove thinks McCain is lying through his teeth in his ads. Now McCain flacks are claiming that McCain invented the BlackBerry. Then his other flack's are having a real problem explaining McCain - Pfotenhauer and Bounds.

Yes, I did notice that these videos are on Huffington post. And yes I think the Pfotenhauer and the Democratic flack kept really trying to keep on talking point.

<<poke>>

If you keep disowning everyone who begins to question the McCain/Palin ticket, you are not going to have many conservatives left on your side.

I'm not disowning anybody. As I've mentioned, I'm not a fan of McCain. I'm still participating in the Palin vetting. But as a general helpful guideline Jack, I don't know if you are confusing conservative and Republican, but the two are not synonymous. (If that's a misread of you, oops.)

Sorry I didn't get to the rest of your <<poke>> yet. But a bit of it came across as spin. Maybe I'll give it a second look later.

I am beginning to see the attraction that Republicans have for her.

At least McCain knows how to interrogate prisoners...

he was interrogated

good point

commented: stupid point. +0

Not so fast! McCain and Palin are plain old liars, but Obama commits the ultimate sin, he lectures. Past history has shown that the standard American voter will pick a liar over a lecturer any old time. In this case the guy with the funny name will come out the fool.

Particularly if the liar is a good shooter and promisses to lower taxes and petrol prices.

I agree people just hate to be lectured.

At least McCain knows how to interrogate prisoners...

he was interrogated

Yes, that part is obvious. What is unclear is what you feel that implies:

That he knows the brutally effective ways to get people to talk?
That he knows "morally right" way to do it? (Which would be what exactly, in your own estimation?)
That Obama does not know how? (Is he supposed to?)
That someone who is familiar with interrogation is the most appropriate candidate for the Presidency?

Someone above agreed that you had a good point. I fail to see how it's a relevant point at all, given the complete ambiguity of your uncompleted assertion.

commented: Agreed. +3

The Canadian system is becoming more and more attractive. They have single payer health care; now they have declared a national election and it will be over before we have finished sliming our candidates.

Their national debates are being broadcast on the same day that the Veeps do their debates - they are worried no one will watch.

interesting how the leftists as usual do all the mudslinging and flaming, then go and blame the ones they're defaming for it...

They must be so full of hatred for everything right thinking people stand for.
Things like equality, opportunity, getting compensated for your work, etc. etc. etc.

commented: okaaaay +0

Even the right-leaning Washington Post has given up on McCain/Palin.

Democratic Strategist and Senior Fellow of Governance at the left-of-center Brookings Institution, says

TO: SEN. BARACK OBAMA
SUBJ: ADJUST OR LOSE
DATE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2008

I'll get right to the point: You are in danger of squandering an election most of us thought was unlosable. The reason is simple: on the electorate’s most important concern – the economy -- you have no clear message, and John McCain has filled the void with his own.

This is more than my opinion. The Democracy Corps survey released yesterday proves the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Backed by a wealth of persuasive detail, here is the nub of their conclusion:

In the absence of a coherent change message from Obama, many voters are accepting McCain’s definition, particularly since they want to change Washington and clean up government. As a result, Obama has lost his double-digit advantage over McCain on the right kind of change.

:icon_razz:

interesting how the leftists as usual do all the mudslinging and flaming, then go and blame the ones they're defaming for it...

They must be so full of hatred for everything right thinking people stand for.
Things like equality, opportunity, getting compensated for your work, etc. etc. etc.

Wow - that is an astonishing bit of sophistry.

I wish there was more I could say but the purity of your statement and the amount of mental distortion required to come up with that short piece of prose is staggering.

JW, you are either the god of all trolls or you have turned yourself into a klein bottle.

Wow - that is an astonishing bit of sophistry.

I wish there was more I could say but the purity of your statement and the amount of mental distortion required to come up with that short piece of prose is staggering.

JW, you are either the god of all trolls or you have turned yourself into a klein bottle.

Let's face it JW comes from another world. Maybe he eats too many fermented tulip bulbs.

Well, the hobble about Palin has straightened a bit, and she looks more like ho-hum whatever.

Just some observations from todays US news.

Palin in Wisconsin:
"In a Palin McCain Administration ....."
(come McCain my act dead, but he isn't)

McCain:
"If I were President, I would fire the chairman of the SEC ....."
Imaginary Lieberman whispering in the old man's ear:
"Dear, the President does not have the authority to fire him."

McCain yesterday:
"The chairman of the FEC needs to resign ....."
Imaginary Lieberman whispering in the old man's ear:
"Dear, the FEC is the Federal Election Commission. You should have said SEC!"

Darn it, I didn't know we were having fun with our favorite cartoon characters over here.
Let me participate and contribute this piece destine to become a classic.

No one died when Clinton lied. But they did when Yugoslavia got bombed.
http://www.antiwar.com/pilger/?articleid=11421

Colin Mac,
Do you think the proud displayer of that slogan cares about the truth?
Decent folks don't fall for such cheesy rhymes, if you are concern about it. The whole world knows what Clinton was doing while Al Qaeda was planning. Only folks like sneekula think they can rewrite history with a bumper sticker.

Darn it, I didn't know we were having fun with our favorite cartoon characters over here.
Let me participate and contribute this piece destine to become a classic.

You must be in the wrong thread, I didn't see any cartoon characters! Well, in the VA Hospital we have learned to help folks, so I will post one for you:

No one died when Clinton lied. But they did when Yugoslavia got bombed.
http://www.antiwar.com/pilger/?articleid=11421

I don't think Clinton lied when the US Air Force was bombing Yugoslavia. The Yugoslav army was conducting mass murder on the ground!

I don't think Clinton lied when the US Air Force was bombing Yugoslavia. The Yugoslav army was conducting mass murder on the ground!

What's the alternative? - Christian Serbs fleeing their land, ethnic Albanians burning churches to the ground and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism backed by Saudi money in Kosovo.

You must be in the wrong thread, I didn't see any cartoon characters! Well, in the VA Hospital we have learned to help folks, so I will post one for you:

That's so funny, thank you Zucker.
Here's another one.

Wow Sarah Palin without her makeup on!

"I seek constantly to improve my manners and graces, for they are the sugar to which all are attracted."

What's the alternative? - Christian Serbs fleeing their land, ethnic Albanians burning churches to the ground and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism backed by Saudi money in Kosovo.

Christians against the Muslims, that explains your thinking well.

Wow Sarah Palin without her makeup on!
._._._

... and she still looks soooo prrrrrrrrretty!

As one outsider I am confused, does Palin run against Obama? What happened to McCain?

Interlude.

Thanks, we needed that. Richard Wright will be missed.

Obama fans are ready

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.