GrimJack, in the video did you see that nude chick on the beach?

Christians against the Muslims, that explains your thinking well.

LOL, you don't know my thinking.

... and she still looks soooo prrrrrrrrretty!

As one outsider I am confused, does Palin run against Obama? What happened to McCain?

That is the problem - McCain is older than me; has had numerous bouts with cancer; and will probably have a heart attack if he does not (heh,heh doe snot) learn to control his temper. So some of us are worried that he might not have chosen the best person to be one heart-beat away from the presidency.

I would normally vote Republican, but this year I'm not. Why? Because McCain is just too damed old; I don't want a president who is almost 10 years older than me because 1) his health and 2) his mind. Both these issued makes it very likely that the vp will have to assume McCain's duties.

Intentional or not, you're using the language of a shill.

I would normally vote Republican, but this year I'm not.

It's a meme to avoid at this stage of the political circus (see exhibits A, B, C).

---

Thus we delve into the great fun of this campaign in part being Palin v Obama.

Why? Because McCain is just too damed old; I don't want a president who is almost 10 years older than me because 1) his health and 2) his mind. Both these issued makes it very likely that the vp will have to assume McCain's duties.

Could you please extrapolate on that? How do you weigh the Palin v Obama thing, then, if that is your primary consideration?

In consideration of the CinC, I'd first prefer someone with some experience with the military; absent that, I'd prefer someone on Day 1 to have more than zero exposure to the PDB (the following quote from here).

Following Roosevelt's death and Truman's ascension to the presidency, the need to keep vice presidents informed on national security issues became clear, and Congress made the vice president one of four statutory members of the National Security Council in 1949.

For the few, lone liberals here who need a little help getting through the right wing slash and burn politics to election day - try some of these drugs

I never thought I would say this but:

Free Sarah Palin
CNN's Campbell Brown says:

"Tonight I call on the McCain campaign to stop treating Sarah Palin like she is a delicate flower that will wilt at any moment," said Brown. "This woman is from Alaska for crying out loud. She is strong. She is tough. She is confident. And you claim she is ready to be one heart beat away form the presidency. If that is the case, then end this chauvinistic treatment of her now. Allow her to show her stuff. Allow her to face down those pesky reporters... Let her have a real news conference with real questions. By treating Sarah Palin different from the other candidates in this race, you are not showing her the respect she deserves. Free Sarah Palin. Free her from the chauvinistic chain you are binding her with. Sexism in this campaign must come to an end. Sarah Palin has just as much a right to be a real candidate in this race as the men do. So let her act like one."

I never thought I would say this but:

Free Sarah Palin
CNN's Campbell Brown says:

Heh. Good one.

Free Biden? Naw. Obama already has enough trouble. :icon_razz:

What America really needs!

"After we breached the abdominal wall to take numerous tissue samples from his small intestine, it was clear the senator was in perfect health for his age.

"for his age" is the operative phrase. That doesn't mean he is without serious health issues.

I've been reading up quite a bit on melanoma recently, and I have a better understanding of what that entails. So I do know of what you speak.

I would normally vote Republican, but this year I'm not. Why? Because McCain is just too damed old; I don't want a president who is almost 10 years older than me because 1) his health and 2) his mind. Both these issued makes it very likely that the vp will have to assume McCain's duties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKVPay1eBH8&feature=user

I doubt that Palin would/could be any worse than Bush.

Snarks aside, spin aside, can anyone tell me something positive about Obama that is 'in concrete' and 'has a paper trail'? Not 'hope' and 'change', but anything real?

[edit]And I consider as snarky and/or spin any attempt to reverse the question and/or distract from it.

Well, looks like McCain clearly won the debate last night. Good showing John!

I was just a little surprised when he said that we won the war in Iraq, and hinted that we had tortured prisoners in the past.

He also wants to build a huge number of nuclear power plants by 2030, even though nobody will lend you money for such a money losing project.

Here is the Christian response to Obama - he really gets going there towards the end. A loving Christian talks about politics.

Heh. I didn't even make it through the whole thing the first couple times it made its rounds.

There was a non-YouTube version, but someone I know couldn't get to it due to some network filtering.

Heh. I didn't even make it through the whole thing the first couple times it made its rounds.

There was a non-YouTube version, but someone I know couldn't get to it due to some network filtering.

I couldn't get all the way through it either. This strange man of the cloth keeps repeating about five rather nasty smears over and over. A true Christian? Now I know what the poor folks feel in Iran, when they are forced to listen to their Mullahs.

Luckily, we still have separation of church and state. Let's keep it that way!

Oh you should have listened to the whole thing! He made a lot of sense (to me) -- if the news media wants to dig up the dirt on Sara Palin's daughter and post it all over the net then that opens the can of worms to dig up the dirt about anyone, political or not. I liked the premise of his speech.

He is right about HO's mother -- she was white trash. But we can't blame HO for the sins of his parents.

Luckily, we still have separation of church and state. Let's keep it that way!

If there's separation of church and state, how come there's so much issue with politics and religion? It never fails, that campaigns (or anything political) has to bring religion to the mist.

Oh you should have listened to the whole thing! He made a lot of sense (to me) -- if the news media wants to dig up the dirt on Sara Palin's daughter and post it all over the net then that opens the can of worms to dig up the dirt about anyone, political or not. I liked the premise of his speech.

He is right about HO's mother -- she was white trash. But we can't blame HO for the sins of his parents.

Sarah Palin's daughter is running for president?

I suspect you completely missed the whole point of that video. He (Manning?) said the press should leave Bristal out of her mother's politics. If the press is going to talk about Bristol Palin then they have to talk about everyone else's family black sheep, who also have nothing to do with anyone's political goals. And I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

>> He is right about HO's mother -- she was white trash. But we can't blame HO for the sins of his parents.
Who's HO?

they have to talk about everyone else's family black sheep, who also have nothing to do with anyone's political goals. And I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

http://helpobamasbrother.org/

http://helpobamasbrother.org/

So what? Barack Obama had nothing to do with where his siblings were born. Its very possible Barack wants nothing to do with those people. As for that link, maybe George doesn't want any help -- he may be perfectly happy where he is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.