prison ramen:

1 mid-sized bag cheetos
1 pack ramen (crunched up)
3 or so cups warm water

combine all in the cheetos bag, and walk around acting like a badass saying 'dude, i learned it in prison' and then eat with your favorite fork-shaped shiv.

(or you can make it in a pot, with a normal fork. but it's just not the same... oh, and DO NOT put the normal seasoning packet for the ramen in this. it makes it... icky...)

Sulley's Boo commented: COOL! +2

Re: Extra virgin olive oil
Note: Try to avoid using other oils for cooking if you actually like your body!

Your recipe for "several people". Great, --covers all types of eaters, - babies, slurpers, compulsive self stuffers etc.

Now regarding "Extra olive oil" . If you really like your body, forget about extra virgin olive oil.
kuddech

Quick and easy recipe:

One block of Velveeta cheeze
One can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (or a jar of Pace Picante Sauce)
Half pound of lean ground beef (more if you like it meaty)
A bag of chips (your choice, I like the Fritos Scoops myself)

Brown the meat.

Dice the velveeta.

open can of tomatoes (or picante sauce)

Put the meat, velveeta, and tomatoes in crockpot. Heat on meduim until cheese is melted. Stir occasionally. For those that are crockpot-less, a sauce pan on meduim-low heat will do.

When cheese is thoroughly melted, stir and eat.

This is supposed to be a dip, but we put it on mixed veggies and as a stuffer for potatoes...

Tuna casserole (the easy kind)

1 box of Kraft Mac and Cheese
1 can of tuna
1 small can of mushrooms (you can leave this out if you don't like mushrooms)
1/4 cup of sour cream
10 Ritz crackers, crumbled

make the mac and cheese per directions. Instead of adding milk, use the sour cream. Mix mac and cheese, tuna, and mushrooms in a casserole dish. Cover with ritz crackers
Cook in oven at 350 for 25 minutes

Ok guys. It's time for the college kids to take over.

Us college folks need stuff for "on the go"

Personal Pizza:

Ingrediants: Flour Tortillias, Ragu (type = your choice I like the gralic/mushrooms"), Motzierella Cheese (cheeder works too for that sharp taste), Toppings (pepperoni, sausage. ect ect..)

Ok so preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
-Grab your oven pan
-toss your tortillia on
-add a couple table spoons of Ragu Sauce. ( I like a lot of sause so it's up to you how much)
-give your fingers a workout by spreading your motzierella cheese around.
-throw on some of your favorite topings
- let that oven hit 350
-toss it in and wait for the edges to brown SLIGHTLY / make sure cheese is melted. (don't put it on too thick.)

commented: YUMMY! +2

Crabmeat and sweetcorn chowder (kind of)

I made this up from sweetcorn chowder and crabmeat and sweetcorn soup, both of which I love. Neither of which I have the faintest idea how to make. Somehow or other this turns out really nicely!

2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
4 medium sized potatoes (not very starchy ones)
Stock (2 cubes to 2 litres water should be good)
Big tin of sweetcorn (maize in the USA? Uncreamed.)
Tin of crabmeat (I have used prawns too - yummy!)
Chilis (optional)
1 medium onion
Crushed garlic

1) Chop the potatoes to 1cm ish cubes and rinse under the cold tap to get rid of the excess starch
2) Lightly fry the cumin seeds with the onion then when the onion is golden add the garlic for a minute
3) Chuck in the stock, chilis and potatoes, put a lid on it, turn to a low heat and forget for half an hour or so
4) Check to make sure there's enough stock - add more if need be and forget for another half an hour
5) When the potatoes are breaking up add in the drained tin of crabmeat and the sweetcorn while you get the bowls ready
6) Serve!

Red Pepper "sauce"

If you want to get really posh make a red-pepper sauce to dollop into the soup to serve. Peeling the peppers is quite faffy so be warned!

2 red peppers (not sure what these are called in the States but I mean the sweet peppers, not chilis!)
A little sour cream or creme fraiche
Black pepper

1) Chop the peppers in half
2) Put them under a really hot grill to blister the skin
3) Take them out and peel off the skin
4) Mush them up using a fork or blender
5) Mix in the sour cream until the mix is at "dollop" consistency
6) Add pepper to taste

I hate red peppers but seriously love the pepper sauce and generally steal it from my family to have on crackers rather than add it to the soup!

At the risk of sounding crazy, here is one for the cookbook.

Ingredients:
1 container of Cottage Cheeze
1/4 cup of cooking oil of some type
8oz to 16oz (uncooked weight) of Sea Shell Macaroni
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Boil about 6 quarts of salted water an 8 quart sauce pan to a strong boil.
Add Macaroni to boiling water and cook until it is slightly soft, then remove
from heat and drain.
Put oil in frying pan and add drained Macaroni and fry stiring so it will not
burn.
Once it has completed cooking ( generally this is when it is showing a few
Macaroni with a slight golden brown ) remove from heat, put on plate,
then mix in cold Cottage Cheese, and season with salt and pepper as
desired. Makes a good alternative to Mac&Cheese.

Pancakes - fluffy but not weak, and not strangely tasting of buttermilk.
Ingredients:

• 6.75 cups flour
  • 0.875 cups granulated sugar
  • 3.75 teaspoons salt
  • 3.75 tablespoons baking powder
  • 5.25 cups milk
  • 0.74 cups oil
  • 4 large eggs
  • REAL maple syrup

Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly (separately). Mix dry and wet mixtures together until there are no dry lumps - but not too much, otherwise they won't be as tender and fluffy.

Heat griddle and grease (extra credit: use bacon grease for a nice flavor). If water hisses and quickly evaporates when dripped on the griddle, it is hot enough.

Pour about a third of a cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Allow the pancakes to cook until the edges begin to look dry and bubble holes stay open further towards the middles. Flip them but be careful to keep them the on griddle and not on each other. If you want them to come out well, avoid dropping them to the griddle too far - gas will be expelled and reduce their fluffyness. When the middle of the pancakes rise into a somewhat convex shape and you can feel with the spatula that there is no liquid batter left, serve fresh!

Anything To Cook As Long As I Dont Burn Down The House

lol

O'k, you made me laugh right out loud.

O'k, you made me laugh right out loud.

OK from the old guy, who has been cooking for over 50 years(and only a Mac head for 12) a whole slew of my recipes are archived at the following: http://www.pepperfool.com click RECIPES then find Doug Irvine on the side panel. As long as you can take the heat, have fun in that kitchen! Cheers, dougirv

My recipes for gamerz and/or other easily distracted folks:
(We buy our rice in big bags so we generally fill a canister w/rice and put it in the freezer overnight; we wash our rice prior to cooking so we control what sorts of protein is in it <grin>. )

2 cups water per washed cup of rice
bring water to boil then add rice, let it come to a boil again.
Turn burner off and leave rice, covered, on the burner and go back to your game. Twenty minutes speeds by and your rice is done w/o having to pay too much attention. Usually I add spices to the water before I start so the rice is already flavored - usually, a curry of some sort. Once cooked, rice can be treated like cooked patatos. You can add any food you have in the fridge to the rice - fry the rice then break a couple eggs into it and stir w/onions and garlick, and so on. If you don't wash your rice use about 2 1/3 cups water per cup rice. i like this methode because the worst thing you can do is boil away the water.

Go to most any Asian grocery store and peruse the ramon isle. You can get all kinds of soup and fried noodle packages for about 50cents - not as cheap as TopRamen but better flavor. Usually you pour boiling water over the bowl with noodles cover and go back to your game. When you remember the ramen it is cooked and may even be cool enough to eat immediately.

Buy a cheap 7-bone roast, throw some carrots into a caserol-like dish along with some water and the roast, cover and put in the oven. If you start in the morning, set the oven to about 225 F. and forget about it until until about an hour or 2 before dinner. Throw some patatos in for another hour then uncover it to brown until you can't stand how good it smells and start eating. This is probably the best beef you will ever eat. I still prefer this roast with the bones in but it is getting harder and harder to find. This method works for turkey also, I called mine soft-sculpture turkey because the whole bird begins to collapse by the end of the day.

At a bbq or out camping, wrap a chicken hind quarter (leg and thigh) or breast along with a patato in 2 layers of aluminum foil (alternate closing side so juices won't leak out); throw it into the fire/bbq, come back in an hour or 2. The chicken will be really ugly and pale, you can brown it if on a piece of metal (grilling) or on a stick (roasting) when it is done.

Most of this food will survive even if you come back the next day ( the ramen will probly be disolved but...). The first time I cooked something, I was distracted while the butter was melting and I blackened all the walls in the kitchen (my parents were really pissed!). When I was a batchelor, it was the only way I could cook w/o burning the apartment down.

OK, OK, I'll donate my favorite 30 minute southern 4 course meal in one bowl.

CATFISH’S SPANISH RICE

Ingredients:
1 pound Ground Beef or Sirloin
1 Onion
2 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 can of tomato sauce
1 can of tomato paste (the little can)
1 cup rice
2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
salt/pepper/paprika/cayenne red pepper and/or crushed red pepper

Ground 1 pound ground beef in the bottom of a large skillet with chopped onion and drain fat whet finished.

Add your 12 ounce can of tomato sauce and the little can of tomato paste (6 oz., I think) on medium heat. Mix in small amounts of water until sauce is a nice thick consistency. Add some salt (teaspoon or so) and black pepper (1/2 tsp or so) and crushed red pepper or cayenne red pepper (1/2 tsp) paprika (1/2 tsp.) and Brown Sugar. Cook 5 minutes, stir and taste. If you can taste the bitterness of the tomato, add a tablespoon of sugar.

Toss in one cup of Uncle Ben’s Perverted Rice and 1 ¾ cups water. Add chopped Red and Green Peppers, Cover and cook for 20- 25 minutes stirring occasionally to keep rice from sticking to bottom. Remove from heat, uncover and let sit for 5 minutes. Eat it up. Put the rest in the fridge and eat it the next day. It’s good for 5 or so days and gets better each day.

Here's the most simplistic dish of em all -- a vege cheese sandwish

Ingredients:
Bread (white or brown)
1 tomato, sliced thinly
1 cucumber, sliced thinly diagonally
1 onion, sliced thinly
Grated cheese
Mint chutney
Butter

Procedure
01.Take 2 slices of bread and apply butter to both slices.
02.Apply moderate quantity of chutney to both slices
03.On one slice of bread, put the onion, tomato and cucumber slices
04.Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
05.Grate generous amounts of cheese and cover up with the other slice

Enjoy.

My Easy and delicious Guacamole:

1 Ripe avacado
Lime Juice (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Garlic (to taste)
and a touch of pepper

Mash it all together with a fork, and you've got good tasting guacamole.

I guess the recipe is a bit obscure, but the best ones always are.

Evenin' all. I'm hold up in a KCMO motel tonight, but when I get home, I'll post a rib rub and how to do baby backs that will make you cry.

Kansas City is BBQ heaven.

Baby Back Ribs, with dry rub.

OK, I found a copy of the rib rub, and I can do the rest from memory:

Cajun Rub Note: a Tone’s round spice containera holds approx ¼ C.

¼ C Celery salt
¼ C black pepper
¼ C white pepper
¼ C brown sugar

2 Tbs Garlic powder
1 Tbs cayenne
1 Tbs thyme (dried ground)
2 tsp dried sage

---How yo make heavenly ribs---

Take a slab of pork spareribs or baby back ribs.

There is a membrane on the underside if the slab. Take hold of it (a cloth or pair of rubber gloves will help) and pull the membrane off.

Rub the top and bottom of the slab with the rib rub above, and set aside.

Build a fire. I use a Weber grill. I use a "chimney" to start my charcoal. It is a cylinder about 8" in diameter and a foot tall. Fill it half full of charcoal and start the charcoal on fire. When it is well lit, pour it into the weber.

I have a 14" diameter galvanized pan, designed to feed animals. I put it in the bottom of the grill, shoved to one side, fill it with water, and put the charcoal between it and the wall of the weber.

Put 2 or 3 3"x3" chunks of wood (hickory, pecan, apple or whatever you like) on the charcoal.

Put the ribs over the water pan as far away from the fire as possible.

By closing the bottom vents on the grill and watching a thermometer stuck through the vent through one of the vent holes in the lid of the kettle, maintain the temperature between 200 and 300 degrees (250 is perfect).

Make a mixture of half apple juice and half bourbon and put in a spritzer bottle. Spritz the ribs every 15-20 minutes and every time you open the kettle.

Add a couple of chunks of wood whenever the smoke disappears and add a few charcoal chunks as the existing charcoal nears the end of its burning life. Maintain the temperature as close to 250 as possible.

Smoke the ribs for 4-5 hours.

Attached is a document (170K) with a pictorial tutorial using chicken instead of ribs.

Here's the rub for the chicken:
Willie’s Rub
¾ C paprika
¼ C black pepper
¼ C salt
¼ C sugar

2 Tbs chili powder
2 Tbs garlic powder
2 Tbs onion powder
2 tsp cayenne

Enjoy!!!

Dani,
Loco Moco College and Police Academy Style

Get one rice cooker - put rice in to first segment of finger and water to second and furn on it cooks itself for 30 min. Use short grain /calrose rice.

Get one jar of ready made gravy
Get one can of fried onions
Hamburger patty

Fry hamburger patty put on plate
heat up gravy in same pan
Fry egg over easy

When rice is done. Put hamburger on bottom with a little gravy
put a scoop of rice on that, put egg on rice, put more gravy, put onion rings on that put a little more gravy. Open beer and eat.

When I was away from home in school this was comfort food for us hawaiians.... and hungry students.. I had a mini crockpot, george foreman grill, hot plate and a small rice cooker.. we used to cook up some great meals. I used to keep my kitchen in a catalog case. I could cook for 4. When I went to the Police Academy ... I did the same thing you could smell the food trail to my room .. my roomies and I had everybody in the bdorms and barracks over for dinner at one time or another.

Cafeteria food sucks! next time ...Dorm Stye Saimin or Ramen, chili and rice and SPAM Musubi

Now dat's good eatin ... Hey you smoke in a weber bullet?

Don't forget to pull dat membrane off the ribs

Now dat's good eatin ... Hey you smoke in a weber bullet?

Don't forget to pull dat membrane off the ribs

No bullet, the cheapest 22 inch kettle. The cheap ones (with the 3 manual air adjusters on the bottom last me about 3 years (they sit outside 24/7/365), and the ones with the nifty "one touch" adjusters have the adjusters rust off after about 18 months.

mmm..... full english breakfast

Dat's good I used to and i still have the old kettle .. and i used to use a charbroil and i'd put dual smoke boxes on it. I have a charcoal turbo and a bullet now .. i got that when I worked parttime for BBQ Galore doing demo cooks and sales. When I used to compete I would use bullets and a custom trailer smoker. But there's a competitor I know that has mastered the Kettle. He uses four of them in competition ... His team is one of the top BBQ teams in the country.

BOB - Breakfast on the Barbie

Order (1) Coil of breakfast sausage from your butcher
Loaf a plain white bread
Dozen eggs
Cheddar Cheese, Jack or American Cheese
smoke chips

put a drip pan in the center of your weber
Start coals in chimney started wait 15-20 min
Put coal to the left and right of the pan on your fire grate
sprinkle a little damp wood chips on the coal
put your sausage coil in the center of your grate
cover the grill up ... the sausage should be done in about 45 to and hour
start your second chimney of coals
as soon as the sausage almost done put the sausage in foil.
spread the coal to one side of the bbq and put a few more hot coals in.

put a little oil or butter in a skillet. Cook the eggs any style in the skillet

toast the bread on the grill and put the cheese on it.

quarter the sausage two swipes with the knife should do.

If you practice this one its entertaining to watch for tailgate breakfasts or camping.

We make this each year for my Christmas office party and for home. It takes awhile to make, but worth it. Make well ahead of time.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
Preparation time: 1 day.

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 dash salt

Mix very well, then add the following
3/4 cup white flower
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

spray a cooky sheet with Pam or similar product. Spread the above mixture thinly on the cooky sheet.

Bake until tooth pick test is clean.

Flip the cookie sheet upside down onto a damp a tea towl. Remove the cooky sheet and roll like a jelly roll. Put in freezer for 30 minutes. VERY CAREFULLY unroll it to prevent cracking.

Filling:
1 cup powered surgar
1 tsp vinilla
1 8 oz cream cheeze
2 tbs butter or margerine
optional -- English Walnuts or peacons

Mix well, spread on top of cake, then VERY CAREFULLY roll up. put the roll on wax paper and aluminum foil under that. Roll up, and put back into freezer for several days.

'Onolicious ...nuff said.

'Onolicious ...nuff said.

I hope that means Yummy:mrgreen:

Yup...Yummy with a capital "Y". I tried to make it last nite ... I hope you don't mind .... the kids helped me make an icing for it. I had to make a double recipe .. One for Eating Right Away! and the other to drizzle the icing - powered sugar, vanilla, and a little milk. The kids ate up the one last night and they inhaled the one with the icing.

anymore cookie, cake or dessert recipes .. it's da season

My dad had this Japanese friend who stayed with us for some time and she taught us how to cook KOLOKE (or is it KOROKE?)

It's simple and good if you're a kid. Or if you're lazy and have lots of kids to help you out.

Just boil 6 medium-sized potatoes until they're so soft, when you poke them with a fork and try to lift them, they slide off the fork and fall back into the boiling water (uh, you might want to be careful with the hot water).

While you're boiling the potatoes, chop 2 large white onions and heat them in oil together w/ 1/2 kilo of ground pork or beef. When the meat is cooked, drain the extra oil.

Now, get back to those mushy potatoes. Peel them and mash them up. Mix in the meat (it's actually up to you to determine the potato-meat ratio, the girl who taught me used less pork.. but I love meat so I increase the pork ratio) and season with salt and pepper (again, you decide how much salt and pepper to use).

Ask the kids (hehe..) to make oblong-shaped potato-meat mixtures (it's like letting them play with clay but make sure they wash their hands first).

Roll the oblong stuff in flour, then in beaten egg and in bread crumbs (you might want to make sure that it's the japanese brand from the grocery, we tried a chinese one the first time and it tasted like coconuts.. =( better to be on the safe side).

Fry the triple-coated oblong entities until they're golden brown. Serve. (better if you can serve them with the bulldog japanese sauce thing)..

I find them yummy. hehe..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.