Anyone insterest in playing poker? (Texas hold'em,etc).

Download it from here: http://www.pokerstars.net/

Im not any good @ it though :D

Salem commented: Posting gambling sites on forums frequented by minors - very bad. -3
sarehu commented: Shut up Salem. +1
Ancient Dragon commented: Turning that yellow dot green. :) +32

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

not after seeing several friends and colleagues quickly get addicted to it and ending up loosing serious money.

Please keep gambling out of DaniWeb, duuude - Dude, find some boundaries.

Ah man!! (Someone isnt in a good mood today)

Sigh! I am currently wage-serfing too far from home (leave for work at 7 and return home at 7); sometimes, I get a little snarky -- thanks for not taking it too personal. And only getting only 40 hrs per week (not like the beginning of the year when I was getting 60 hours).

IIRC, playing poker online is now a felony in Washington state. Sorry :P

I tend to stick to the fun money sites, then i don't lose any sleep IF i lose !! I mean when!

Actually, playing online poker is not illegal in the US as far as I can see. The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act is concerned with blocking financial transactions related to gambling, but aimed at banks rather than individuals. There is no federal law banning the act of online gambling. There is plenty online about this issue, much of it rather confusing :)

I didnt mean to cause any harm in posting this thread here......

You can delete it if you want,i dont want anyone being angry with me....

Im so sorry (Some members,etc seem to be angry @ my thread here)

Actually, playing online poker is not illegal in the US as far as I can see. The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act is concerned with blocking financial transactions related to gambling, but aimed at banks rather than individuals. There is no federal law banning the act of online gambling. There is plenty online about this issue, much of it rather confusing :)

Assuming this is directed at me, I wasn't referring to federal law, just Washington state. :)

There's nothing wrong with gambling.

GrimJack said:
> boundaries.

What boundaries?

There's nothing wrong with gambling.

Not if you are a millionaire or better and can afford to constantly lose. The problem is that most gamblers are not wealthy and can't afford to lose. So, yes, there is a lot of things wrong with gambling for those who don't know when to stop.

I luv pokerstars!! It is a great time waster for those insomniatic (if that is even a real word) type of nights! I stick with the play money version though ;)

That version is the BEST version to play i reckon!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.