Hi, I'm a web designer and content manager who has worked with Open Source content management systems, and especially Joomla!, for the past five years. I'm currently designing and managing websites for a bioinformatics company. Before that I was a freelance web designer for 17 years during which time I went from HTML and CSS coding to Joomla! and other Open Source PHP-based platforms, such as WordPress and OSCommerce. I've also written about 15 books about Macintosh computers and Internet.

I am a Farscape fan (Scaper) and have a MA in cultural anthropology along with a lot of fine arts training as well as desk top publishing in my background (I started out as a proposal manager). I am a wife and mother of two teenage daughters and two cats and live in the Washington, D.C. area.

I look forward to discussing Open Source web design and the future of Standards. I'm an obvious Macintosh-bigot, but I am bilingual. :)

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Rita

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Glad to have you here!

Hi Rita:
Welcome!
Wow, you like to keep busy.

I try. :) Thank you for the warm welcome. I have to explore the forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.