I was whinging about my worst day ever when I realized that one of my best days ever was in the same 24 hour period! I thought I would share it with you and hope you can share yours.

We had just climbed most of the way up Mount Rainier and were at base camp (Camp Muir, I think) making water (from snow). I was out finding 'clean' snow (half the people who climb Rainier each year stop at this base camp...) and I glanced out and there was almost the entire state of Washington laid out below me like a topo map - Mount Hood and Mount Baker stood head and shoulders above the rest of the world (or so it seemed). Then I looked over at the nearby cliff face and my shadow was surrounded by a 'glory' - the light from the setting sun warping around my body heat in the sub-zero temperature, bending into a rainbow around my shadow. To make the day even more memorable; I was one of the first ones up at 1am so I had time to lie back and look at the 'starry, starry night' - I don't know how I deserved 2 Maslow peak experiences in one day but... Hey, I turned 40 that summer!

Ancient Dragon commented: That must have been an awesome sight :) +31

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I was whinging about my worst day ever when I realized that one of my best days ever was in the same 24 hour period! I thought I would share it with you and hope you can share yours.

We had just climbed most of the way up Mount Rainier and were at base camp (Camp Muir, I think) making water (from snow). I was out finding 'clean' snow (half the people who climb Rainier each year stop at this base camp...) and I glanced out and there was almost the entire state of Washington laid out below me like a topo map - Mount Hood and Mount Baker stood head and shoulders above the rest of the world (or so it seemed). Then I looked over at the nearby cliff face and my shadow was surrounded by a 'glory' - the light from the setting sun warping around my body heat in the sub-zero temperature, bending into a rainbow around my shadow. To make the day even more memorable; I was one of the first ones up at 1am so I had time to lie back and look at the 'starry, starry night' - I don't know how I deserved 2 Maslow peak experiences in one day but... Hey, I turned 40 that summer!

hehehe best day and worst day during the same 24 hours... that must've been confusing.

well I was a runner like a couple of years ago, I was a really good long distance runner for like 7 years but then i quit, so i guess everyday i won a race was considered as the best day ever for me, winning is a really great feeling, after the long hard training it mde me feel like I achieved a really great thing!

my best day ever will be when Lucy Lu and I go out for drinks and wind up at her pad for a night cap only to discover that she is into the same things that I am into. :)

Very nice.
I try to be balanced and not pick a better day over the over.
:D

my best day ever will be when Lucy Lu and I go out for drinks and wind up at her pad for a night cap only to discover that she is into the same things that I am into. :)

Ooh, I remember her roll on Ally McBeal - glad you have things in common - currently, my best nights would be with the women from Kill Bill

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.