Hi im doing a book report about this site now i was hoping i could get some help with by you guys telling me more about it and stuff that should be in a book report:P but yea any help would be nice.

P.s. i also didn't know where to post this so my bad.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Um, you realize this site isn't a book, right? There's little to tell about the site that should be in a book report - since those usually report on, well, books...

I know but im going to do a report on this anyways.

Well, it seems about as relevant doing your report on kittens playing in a box, but that's between you and your instructor I suppose :P

It is and it doesn't have to be A+ materialim on my summer vacation right now and my mom is making me do this>_> so i picked something easy so are you going to help me or not?

Well, unless you post specific questions that you would like answers to, no one can really help you out. The context you have given of a "book report" isn't clearly related to this site and thus it's pretty difficult to tell you much that would help.

It is and it doesn't have to be A+ materialim on my summer vacation right now and my mom is making me do this>_> so i picked something easy so are you going to help me or not?

You have to expect a least a little ribbing when you say you're doing a book report on a website. Anything in particular about the website you want to know? I'd start with the story of who created this website, how, when, why, etc.

http://www.w3reports.com/index.php?itemid=796&catid=12

You might want to just navigate around the site, see what's available, what the organization is, etc. There are a million ways to do a report. Start with the raw facts, navigate around a little till you get a better feel, then specialize on the parts that are interesting to you. Follow up with more specific questions and heck, maybe even start some other threads, which can also include polls, if you want to get a better feel of what people at Daniweb are like.

You might begin by reading DaniWeb's Mission Statement. Then navigate through each of the forums, reading the introductions at the top of each forum page. They will tell you what each of the forums are about. Also don't forget to become familiar with DaniWeb FAQ and Community Rules

Ok ty ill start with these links then ill post something more specific.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.