I just saw this video which is a concept for a future browser. What do you think about it?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

That is a fascinating concept. Jesse James Garrett (the father of Ajax) is a really smart guy. Thanks for sharing that.

Call me grandpa but I don't like it.

That convoluted pointer device scares me beyond words. And while they did try to show how it might be useful in the real world, I really can't think of any scenario where I might be inspired to actually use such a system. (I'm starting to sound just like the very thing i hate)

And farmers? Really?

Well the farming example was a little contrived, I'll give you that. And the acting was really cheesy.

And I agree that the controller-contraption looked clunky as anything. But I'd venture to say that by the time this software is out, all those springs and servos will be inside a glove or some sort of wireless "candy-bar."

But you gotta love the 3D spacial storage thingie. That's just cool.

I still have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Here is part 2.

Way too much eye candy. No thx.

I just saw this video which is a concept for a future browser. What do you think about it?

Sorry, but I can't view it as it's streaming...
but I came across this concept and thought it looked really cool...

Part 3
Part 4

I think this browser is asking a lot from the user. The way it is set up would require huge amounts of transition from the way we do things now.

I think this browser is asking a lot from the user. The way it is set up would require huge amounts of transition from the way we do things now.

And if you think about the browser compatibility problems we developers face today, this like everything else internet browser would have to be stripped down to stay on the same page as its competitors, that is unless this is the new IE. I could understand if it was an entire OS, then it would provide its own web browser but it still would have to be stripped down. Not only that, it's doing to much. All that processing for an internet browser, looks to me like just a glorified way of clicking hyperlinks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.