I wonder if I'm going to be hearing that from my kids within the next 10 years?
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn8826.html
"But the neighbor kid has them!"

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

yip heard of that,someone actually died cos of this (the risk is still there). but they still working on it.

yip heard of that,someone actually died cos of this (the risk is still there). but they still working on it.

Ya, if they get it working the potential for people who need it is just amazing.

thats right and it will be trully amazing.the only sad part is in order to get it work theyll have to continually test it on human beings. hope we not gonna get too much failures

thats right and it will be trully amazing.the only sad part is in order to get it work theyll have to continually test it on human beings. hope we not gonna get too much failures

Ya, hmm, where's the waiting list.

We're all going to be fitted with satnav tracking chips pretty soon so law enforcement can always know where everyone is.
Officially it will be "for our own good" so they can find us if we're kidnapped or otherwise in trouble.
In reality of course it will be so they can easily find dissenters and groups of malcontents.

You got a cite? Did you even look? Or was this a FOAF? (friend of a friend who never lies)

The first testing of brain stimulation started in 1874; in 1638 Rene Descartes wrote that a person would not know if an evil demon had trapped his mind in a black box and was controlling all inputs and outputs; in 1976, Rhesus monkeys were studied using implanted electrodes; brain pacemakers have been in use since 1997 ease symptoms of such diseases as epilepsy, Parkinson's, and so on.

Look here for more info; it is not like they just stuck an electrode in a brain and turned on the juice to see what would happen.

We're all going to be fitted with satnav tracking chips pretty soon so law enforcement can always know where everyone is.
Officially it will be "for our own good" so they can find us if we're kidnapped or otherwise in trouble.
In reality of course it will be so they can easily find dissenters and groups of malcontents.

JW - did you ever see the 1960s movie The President's Analyst? Part of the sub-plot was TPC (The Phone Company) and its desire to implant a phone in the heads of babies when they are born and giving them a permanent phone #. It is a comedy starring my favorite actor Jame Coburn (I have a man-crush on him - he just moves soooo cool). The love scene in the wheat field is a hoot!

"They" (the ubiquitous 'them') have already made Americans so paranoid that all school children are fingerprinted, DNA-printed, and blood-sampled so that, er -- so that.... well, so that if, in the unlikely event of something terrible happening --

Oops! is the this the paranoid rant thread or did I enter the wrong one?

Look here for more info; it is not like they just stuck an electrode in a brain and turned on the juice to see what would happen.

That was a really interesting read. I guess that there has been a death but the patient was already sick which was the real cause.

You got a cite? Did you even look? Or was this a FOAF? (friend of a friend who never lies)

I guess Im slightly of topic.a paralized people in the states was unable to use his hands and with a computerized chip linking him to his computer he was able to play ping pong and do some other basics. I read. it in the mag so i dont have a link address.Ive also watched a program on national geographic that ahad a documentary on the dude.yeah im convinced and doubt that two sources can lie axactly the same
Yes he died
sourch pc mag

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.