No it is not my homework / project assignment .

Recommended Answers

All 44 Replies

accurate weather forecasting.

Getting people to use code tags on Daniweb :P

getting my kids to be quiet for 5 minutes.

All of these can be programmed.

OH GOOD! I want a web form with a blank textbox that will allow me to enter a value representing the number of minutes that my children will remain quiet from the time that I submit. Money is no issue if it works, please send me a quote.

Does it work on mothers-in-law too :)

Does it work on mothers-in-law too :)

Maybe we can add names to a database and split the cost, ya? I figure we'll make it up by selling people minutes of peace and quiet.

Can you think of a more idiotic question to ask?

commented: Josh, Josh, Josh. +0
commented: Your such a D-bag +0

Whatever programs you have written in life , you can not add additional code in the program which can verify the program is 100% correct .

Can you think of a more idiotic question to ask?

you just asked one of them...

commented: Touché :) +36
commented: Fuck you -2

ACCURATE weather forecasting can't be.
There are chaotic forces at work, the effect of which can't be predicted accurately.

Keeping all the weeds out of my lawn and garden.

> Keeping all the weeds out of my lawn and garden.
Easy, you just need a system built using Windows CE, Windows ME and Windows NT :icon_cheesygrin:

commented: Yes! that's the solution. +4

> Keeping all the weeds out of my lawn and garden.
Easy, you just need a system built using Windows CE, Windows ME and Windows NT :icon_cheesygrin:

I've been tempted, very, very tempted.

OH GOOD! I want a web form with a blank textbox that will allow me to enter a value representing the number of minutes that my children will remain quiet from the time that I submit. Money is no issue if it works, please send me a quote.

Ok, what are the laws on knock out drugs and there use on children in your contry? Robitic arm, strap the kids in a chair and hey presto.

Making people follow standards.

Ok, what are the laws on knock out drugs and there use on children in your contry? Robitic arm, strap the kids in a chair and hey presto.

Making people follow standards.

Oh no , there are much easier and practical ways of implementing it , I heard of a prototype sensor which will monitor driver's biological conditions if driver fells asleep while driving it will pinch him , so in simmilar line there could be a whining sensors it will pinch you if you whine continously for 5 minutes .

Oh no , there are much easier and practical ways of implementing it , I heard of a prototype sensor which will monitor driver's biological conditions if driver fells asleep while driving it will pinch him , so in simmilar line there could be a whining sensors it will pinch you if you whine continously for 5 minutes .

No, that won't work, my kids are much too smart and would figure out a work around real quick. What they would probably do is whine for 4:50, stop and then start up again. Plus, my 7 yr old would find a way of terrorizing my 4 yr old with it.

No, that won't work, my kids are much too smart and would figure out a work around real quick. What they would probably do is whine for 4:50, stop and then start up again. Plus, my 7 yr old would find a way of terrorizing my 4 yr old with it.

Sounds like a nasty hack, I would be considering ousourcing to foster homes.

ACCURATE weather forecasting can't be.
There are chaotic forces at work, the effect of which can't be predicted accurately.

Really? I can forecast the next 5 minutes of weather with high accuracy.

I could make a wristwatch for them to wear that injects a sedative.

Really? I can forecast the next 5 minutes of weather with high accuracy.

No you cannot a typhoon/tsunami can travel upto 30 miles in 5 minutes.

No you cannot a typhoon/tsunami can travel upto 30 miles in 5 minutes.

Holy crap, That's 360 mph. I am soooooooo minuscule.

No you cannot [forecast] a typhoon/tsunami can travel upto 30 miles in 5 minutes.

Category 5 hurricanes (typhoon, tropical storm, cyclonic storm, tropical depression and simply cyclone) have winds around 155 mph and travel as fast as 60mph. Tornadoes have wind speeds up to 318 mph and travel up to 70mph. Tsunamis on the other hand "On the open ocean, tsunami waves approach speeds of 500 mph".

In 1984, the director of NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Labs came up with a method of for giving tsunamis warnings around 25 minutes in advance. The problem has been disseminating warnings. In Asia, when warnings are issued the folks all head for high ground. In the US when there is a warning, folks head for the coast to see it. Sigh! Fortunately, the continental US has not had a serious tsunami - Hawaii has had them.

Category 5 hurricanes (typhoon, tropical storm, cyclonic storm, tropical depression and simply cyclone) have winds around 155 mph and travel as fast as 60mph. Tornadoes have wind speeds up to 318 mph and travel up to 70mph. Tsunamis on the other hand "On the open ocean, tsunami waves approach speeds of 500 mph".

In 1984, the director of NOAA Pacific Marine Environmental Labs came up with a method of for giving tsunamis warnings around 25 minutes in advance. The problem has been disseminating warnings. In Asia, when warnings are issued the folks all head for high ground. In the US when there is a warning, folks head for the coast to see it. Sigh! Fortunately, the continental US has not had a serious tsunami - Hawaii has had them.

What would you do, try to see it or head for high ground?

> In the US when there is a warning, folks head for the coast to see it.
Is there a group category at darwinawards.com ?

Tsunamis aren't weather.

A machine that would prevent pollution or a machine that would prevent over population.

Maybe a program that scans any Windows installation and makes it absolutely bug-free.

Maybe a program that scans any Windows installation and makes it absolutely bug-free.

I guess it is already there , you can unistall windows and install linux using some bootloader script :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.