I've been scouring the net for a while now looking for a simple little program that will display an alert on my screen at a certain time. I need it to remind me to do stuff, i.e. I often have stuff in the oven and forget about it while I'm on the computer, so if something would popup on screen to tell me that my food is ready I wouldn't have to eat burnt chicken & veg pies! lol I also forget appointments and stuff because I lose track of time while on the computer. All I require from the program is to be able to write my own message in the popup, to set the time of the popup, and...well, that's it...lol...anyone know of any programs like this, or anyone know how I can make one of my own? I'm dabbling in Visual Basic and also Visual C++, but I don't have a clue how to use either of them lol...

Thanks muchly :D

I've been scouring the net for a while now looking for a simple little program that will display an alert on my screen at a certain time.

Hi, Paddy. I needed the exact same thing and found it. Just go to www.scottflute.com, click on the "software" tab, then click on "Alarm Clock", then "click here to download alarm clock."

It's the perfect simple little program that, I have found, works flawlessly. It's all I needed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.