30 would probably be a good place to stop. Let me know when someone gets to that, err... waitaminnit...

Nobody's mentioned octal yet-- come on now! 36

hey check it out lets make our own crazy ass code for numbers for example:

AE.....is that right?

hey check it out lets make our own crazy ass code for numbers for example:

AE.....is that right?

Erm... what would the base be on that one? If that's supposed to be 31, I guess that 32 would be AF?

I'm confused now... :(

lol, yea, if you go through the alphabet and go through a-z, then when you start over on the alphabet and keep counting like 52 would be AAA ;)

AG

is AH the next number?:)

yea but thats just annoying, lets go back to old fashioned numbering

OK, you made a slight error if you wanted to count base 36.

20 it is.

I think everybody went a bit astray back with Alex's post, and perhaps it might have been a good place to stop after all. But dammit! I never give up!

The count was sidetracked when it got to 30, so this post makes it 31. Continuing with Octal that makes it:

I wasn't counting so far since I was in school :D And I think 38 is in decimal base...

But there have been several posts which never advanced the count, and this post really makes it only 32. My previous post stated 37, which is octal for decimal 31!

In binary, that makes the count now:

OK, I give up. Running out of fingers and toes.
Only number I still know is: MANY ;)

But there have been several posts which never advanced the count, and this post really makes it only 32. My previous post stated 37, which is octal for decimal 31!

In binary, that makes the count now:

what?! ok ok this counting thing has gone totally haywire....heh, who would of thought..........1

If people had kept up with the counting like we were asked to (:p), we'd be at 00100100 by now. Get with it, people!

im thoroughly confused.......would you mind translating your octal smoctal code for me? Just to see where you, the omniscient cookie monster, say we are, seriously, im not trying to be an ass.

They're not codes, simply different counting and numbering systems.

Binary = base 2
Octal = base 8
Decimal = base 10
Hexadecimal = base 16

You should already be familiar with decimal numbering, see here for an explanation of binary and hexadecimal:

http://www.computerhope.com/binhex.htm

In decimal numbers, the count is still up to 32, because I've not added to it with this post!

AHA! After studying i have seen the light and understand, thank you catweazel! 00100100 = 36 so therefore we are on(drum roll).............00100101

00100110 am studing that at school these days :evil:

yea, today at school i was so bored i wrote down 1-128 in binary, it was fun :eek: 00100111

00101000.... wow thats crazy man !!!

yea, school is quite boring now that i am a senior. Haha, today on my vocab test i wrote the date in binary, that'll have my english teacher scratching her head :cheesy: ......00101001

lol, thats a good idea. Let us know what your teacher ends up saying (=.

I think im #51!

lol, thats a good idea. Let us know what your teacher ends up saying (=.

I think im #51!

Including this post we are on 42, we had confusion somewhere along the lines lol, haha and i will keep you posted on my teachers reaction.

What would be even cooler-- write your first name or your initials in ASCII binary codes. That'll really throw 'em for a loop!

44? That's wrong though ;) If we count Sphyenx as being 42, then I am 45 :)

44? That's wrong though ;) If we count Sphyenx as being 42, then I am 45 :)

Now you're just being ippity, and trying to confuser us all! :P

If we count Sphenx, I'm 46, if not, I'm 45!

the universal answer is 42, who needs to count to 46 or worse 47?

damnit, im 45 by God! now i dont want no back talk!....(im not really mad :D )

(im not really mad :D )

I'm either 46,47, or 48 at this point... um...

Are you sure you're not mad? You're the one who started this crazy thread! :P

I'm either 46,47, or 48 at this point... um...

Are you sure you're not mad? You're the one who started this crazy thread! :P

lmao, yea im not mad......just wanted to establish where exactly we were

12-03-2004, 10:47 PM !!!!!!!! #51!!!!

Title: Techie Whiz

Re: counting lesson(for the slow among us)
umm, i dont get it, was i really 42. well then now im numba 4 and 8! 48 or 24 (2). (=

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.