http://www.time.com/time/europe/tga/article/0,13005,901041206-832078,00.html

I wouldnt get in something like this for any amount of $$$!!

What happens if you see "your car" headed for another car and are UNABLE TO STOP IT!!! (Or what if a hacker me$$es with the computer??)

No thanx!!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Ummm....No!!!

Who asked them to make this piece of junk? How much of tax payer's money is paying for it?

Wow, 2 negative responses - Dude, have you ever ridden in a cab? Jeez, the cabs always heads for another car and you are unable to stop it - this new cab just means that the cabbie can't be yakking at you or on his cell at the same time. What happens if someone messes with the brakes on a regular cab? Did you read the part where it said "pre-programmed"? Rob, it is their tax money - you don't get to complain about how they spend their tax money; you only get to be outraged about how 'they' spend your tax money.

And Yes, I would take one.

Wow, 2 negative responses - Dude, have you ever ridden in a cab? Jeez, the cabs always heads for another car and you are unable to stop it - this new cab just means that the cabbie can't be yakking at you or on his cell at the same time. What happens if someone messes with the brakes on a regular cab? Did you read the part where it said "pre-programmed"? Rob, it is their tax money - you don't get to complain about how they spend their tax money; you only get to be outraged about how 'they' spend your tax money.

And Yes, I would take one.

Oh, I'm sure there is an equivalent piece of junk is being built here with our tax money. And if an operating system can't be written to run a pc without errors what makes you think a piece of software can be written to handle the streets without errors? Its a disaster waiting to happen.

Sounds like a great idea to me! The cabbies here in LA are maniacs, well they have to be!

Oh, I'm sure there is an equivalent piece of junk is being built here with our tax money.

I wouldnt doubt it!

Sounds like a great idea to me! The cabbies here in LA are maniacs, well they have to be!

Do they speak English?

I'm sure the cabbies aren't the only maniacs on the road. You'd be a sitting duck if you took one of these anywhere but in some designated area. I wonder if it knows that people do run red lights when they turn left or that construction zones can be confusing to a human driver let alone a computer or that people break down in the middle of the road and you need to go around them rather than waiting for them to go or etc....

Reality.
You'd never catch me dead in one of those. Or maybe that's the only way you would.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.