Just curious if anyone else here has been interested in the LHC........pretty crazy stuff if you ask me!! I am just not sure of the stability, or outcome of these tests...... black holes scare me!!

Recommended Answers

All 59 Replies

ya man they do scare the people..but anyway test-1 is over...so no worries...

ya man they do scare the people..but anyway test-1 is over...so no worries...

Ah, but they haven't cranked it all the way up yet.

Yeah, the leak development really sucks. :(

ya thats going to set them back a couple of months but i cant wait till they start analyzing the results from this thing. Hopefully some explanations into the beginning of the universe and why we live in a matter universe as apposed to an anti-matter universe will come from it. That to me is the biggest question: why there was an imbalance in the matter to anti-matter ratio during the first millionths of second the universe was created.

I think the LHC is wonderful.

I think the LHC is wonderful.

I agree. I'd almost say beautiful. It's just an amazing piece of engineering and the fact that it is a collaboration between so many people just makes it more so.

Well, didn't Pandora open that box? Some crazy scientists are about to do that and suck us all into this black hole instantaneously in the Big Whoosh (opposite of Big Bang)

Well, didn't Pandora open that box? Some crazy scientists are about to do that and suck us all into this black hole instantaneously in the Big Whoosh (opposite of Big Bang)

lol, ya sure thing buddy.

You bet. All those "crazy scientists" just want to kill themselves and their families.

Thanks for highlighting your ignorance in bold red letters for all to see.

I am curious to know what this bad boy can do.....but perhaps the results could be disappointing, perhaps not.......I am just in awe of the structure, the power consuption, and what it could lead to...still extremely entertaining to me, and scary all at the same time!!

I am curious to know what this bad boy can do.....but perhaps the results could be disappointing, perhaps not.......I am just in awe of the structure, the power consuption, and what it could lead to...still extremely entertaining to me, and scary all at the same time!!

Go here and geek out

I guess hackers can use the computation power of the computation grids used in LHC to crack passwords of any system in few seconds , that could be the only outcome of this project

I guess hackers can use the computation power of the computation grids used in LHC to crack passwords of any system in few seconds , that could be the only outcome of this project

Everyone else is worried about black holes and discovering new matter and you are worried about the advancement of the art of cracking passwords?

You bet. All those "crazy scientists" just want to kill themselves and their families.
Thanks for highlighting your ignorance in bold red letters for all to see.

Impetuous you are. Speculation is part of the unknown. I am sure you are much ignorant on this matter as well.

When scientists were working on the Atomic Bomb, the much fear was that it would cause a chain reaction that would ignite and consume the whole planet atmosphere. Did it happen? Nope! Nevertheless, testing went ahead before knowing.

No one knows for sure, that's why is called testing.

Personally I don't like the idea that there is a small chance of a black hole surviving and then we all get sucked into death in four years time. I'm also quite happy with the fact that it has been posponed till next year April. Also one quick question when they do the whole big bang how will they control the forth dimension?
Ohh by the way I'm new so heya.

Personally I don't like the idea that there is a small chance of a black hole surviving and then we all get sucked into death in four years time. I'm also quite happy with the fact that it has been posponed till next year April. Also one quick question when they do the whole big bang how will they control the forth dimension?
Ohh by the way I'm new so heya.

I say, if the human race ends by black hole, that would be the most humane in comparison to the other options

Speculation is part of the unknown.

Waving your hands shouting "crazy scientists are going to destroy us all" is not quite the same as thoughtful speculation.

I say, if the human race ends by black hole, that would be the most humane in comparison to the other options

I would rather die of food poisining but i guess you are right it is one of the better ways.

Impetuous you are. Speculation is part of the unknown. I am sure you are much ignorant on this matter as well.

When scientists were working on the Atomic Bomb, the much fear was that it would cause a chain reaction that would ignite and consume the whole planet atmosphere. Did it happen? Nope! Nevertheless, testing went ahead before knowing.

No one knows for sure, that's why is called testing.

The speculation lasted until they chased down the last couple of variables in the math. Once they had the math, they went back to work and set off trinity. J. Robert Oppenheimer (mis)quoted the Bhagavad-Gita while watching the Trinity:

If the radiance of a thousand suns
Were to burst at once into the sky
That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one...
I am become Death,
The shatterer of Worlds.

>Ohh by the way I'm new so heya
Hi, and welcome.

>Waving your hands shouting "crazy scientists are going to destroy us all" is not quite the same as thoughtful speculation.
Nothing I said about thoughtfulness. And yes, it is all speculation. Like the end is near, or the world is going to end in December 21th 2012.

>Ohh by the way I'm new so heya
Hi, and welcome.

>Waving your hands shouting "crazy scientists are going to destroy us all" is not quite the same as thoughtful speculation.
Nothing I said about thoughtfulness. And yes, it is all speculation. Like the end is near, or the world is going to end in December 21th 2012.

Aia,

Are you typing with a lisp? *December 21th*

Just pointed that out to lighten up the thread...........lol........But on a serious note Aia, I love your eloquence.

Anyway, it seems that we usually fear the unknown, but overcoming that fear is what brings us to where we are now. Everything is as it should be (on our progression as humans), and I believe that God allows us to know and discover certain things when we are supposed to......so we will see how it goes!

En español, por favor?

Ou en français, peut-être?

Aia,

Just pointed that out to lighten up the thread...........lol........But on a serious note Aia, I love your eloquence.

If you could focus on dropping the heavy usage of `............', perhaps you could realize that I lack the vocabulary and proper grammar correctness to be eloquent. But, thanks ;) I feel all lighten up already.

Aia,

Are you typing with a lisp?

I caught that lisp thing myself but jeez lose the lolcrap and, yeah 3 dots is an ellipsis, 4 dots is an ellipsis at the end of a sentence after that it is an affectation.

commented: you make me laugh! Why so edgy? +2

If you could focus on dropping the heavy usage of `............', perhaps you could realize that I lack the vocabulary and proper grammar correctness to be eloquent. But, thanks ;) I feel all lighten up already.

Completely off-topic and just out of curiosity, what is your native language? Your posts would indicate that you now live in the US and have a pretty strong grasp of the language (wider vocabulary than many native speakers I'd say - though that bar isn't so high in some cases :P ), just the occasional grammatical structure issues on more complex sentences.

Completely off-topic and just out of curiosity, what is your native language? Your posts would indicate that you now live in the US and have a pretty strong grasp of the language (wider vocabulary than many native speakers I'd say - though that bar isn't so high in some cases :P ), just the occasional grammatical structure issues on more complex sentences.

My native language is Castilian. My English is the product of three months of English as a second language in the local college, the light reading of books in said language and "Star Trek Next Generation". Otherwise, avoid TV completely.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.