I am going to have to go through about 2000 lines of ajax and javascript code because IE is so special and doesn't have to do things the way everyone else does. Damn it!!!

Sorry, couldn't find the venting forum.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Oh, and my favorite one.
"Error: Object Expected". :'(

I can feel for you. You are fighting MS and its urge for doing it their way, the path to a monopoly. BTW, this is the venting forum

You are going to be so embarrassed when you figure out what you're doing wrong :P

You are going to be so embarrassed when you figure out what you're doing wrong :P

Actually, its not even my program. It got dumped into my lap when another developer was laid off. And unfortunately, his programming practices had not been fine tuned yet so I've got duplicate code all over the place. But, you are right. It was only a couple of issues and I was just throwing a fit.

But IE is such a great scapegoat.

Indeed, it actually does deserve a lot of what it gets. I just said that because while IE always seems to be doing something wrong on the HTML/CSS side, it has never given me an undeserved error on the javascript side (although those errors are always cryptic "error: object expected").

Its just not as forgiving as other browsers that's all. It takes the errors and throws them right in your face(literally) and gives you an error so vague that, well, people throw fits.

I *love* IE for two reasons:
• It brings out the real human within the developers.
• It makes me realize life is not always a bed of roses.

:-)

commented: Glutton for punishment. ;) +9

I *love* IE for two reasons:
• It brings out the real human within the developers.
• It makes me realize life is not always a bed of roses.

:-)

Believe it or not, ~s.o.s~'s well-organized logic makes sense to me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.