This was not debate but endless repetition of silly catch-sentences.

Maverick party? The phrase "the American economy is fundamentally strong!" translates into "the American worker is the best!". Then why have over 500,000 of those super workers lost their job this year alone? The war in Iraq has been won, but we won't leave? etc. etc. etc.

I like the way she set up her big line with the "May I call you Joe?"; she finally used it with "Say it ain't so, Joe" - she probably has no clue what that quote was from or even meant. Then she quoted Reagan "there you go again". It was supposed to be killer stuff but her inability string clauses together in understandable order, it was just more blather. She had all these phrases written onto her note cards but they were supposed to be part of sentences not just sort of tossed out there to see what would stick. It was kind of painful to see her when she ran out of clauses to string together, she had to scramble through her notes until she found one she had not used before.

Sigh She is the best person in the US to be McCain's running mate.

I like the way she set up her big line with the "May I call you Joe?"; she finally used it with "Say it ain't so, Joe" - she probably has no clue what that quote was from or even meant. Then she quoted Reagan "there you go again". It was supposed to be killer stuff but her inability string clauses together in understandable order, it was just more blather. She had all these phrases written onto her note cards but they were supposed to be part of sentences not just sort of tossed out there to see what would stick. It was kind of painful to see her when she ran out of clauses to string together, she had to scramble through her notes until she found one she had not used before.

She covers it better than Obama sans teleprompter.

Dave, you just got no clue.

Please provide the clues, oh all-knowing.

Imagine this ...

Palin sitting in the Oval Office, the country's leader after McCain got incapacitated eating some of those pretzels left behind by the previous president. The door opens and the Secretary of Defense enters.

"Mom, the Iranians just attacked Israel with some of their fearsome WetNoodle rockets. What should we do?"

"Son, you can call me Miss President, or also just President."

Palin is shuffling her deck of cheat-cards and pulling one out.

"As previous Mayor of one of the largest cities in Alaska and Governor of Alaska, a state full of Joe-sixpacks, I say drill baby drill!"

"But President Mom, we are talking about war not energy!"

More shuffling of the cheat-cards.

"Okay, send General McLellan and also his Nato troops in from Afghanistan."

"But President Mom, General McLellan served under Lincoln."

"Have him get out from under his Lincoln and attack post haste! That's an order son!"

Imagine this...

Obama sitting in the Oval Office; the door opens and the Secretary of Defense enters.

"The Iranians just attacked Israel with some of their fearsome Shahab-3 rockets. What should we do?"

Nothing, why?

Hamas was running the phones for us and raising funds all through 2008.
We're following through on campaign promises.

Don't you remember that Israel "is that this constant wound, that this constant sore, does infect all of our foreign policy"?

Have you forgotten that I have long supported Hamas from my church of 20 years, led by Rev. Wright?

I've been anti-Israel going way back. Why would you think anything different now?

The Iranian-backed Palestinians have long known I support them.

Honestly, Secretary Ayers, you surprise me.

"Just testing you. ;) "

[Laughter]

Naw. (But snarking can be fun.)

Imagine this ...

Palin sitting in the Oval Office, the country's leader after McCain got incapacitated eating some of those pretzels left behind by the previous president. The door opens and the Secretary of Defense enters.

"Mom, the Iranians just attacked Israel with some of their fearsome WetNoodle rockets. What should we do?"

"Son, you can call me Miss President, or also just President."

Palin is shuffling her deck of cheat-cards and pulling one out.

"As previous Mayor of one of the largest cities in Alaska and Governor of Alaska, a state full of Joe-sixpacks, I say drill baby drill!"

"But President Mom, we are talking about war not energy!"

More shuffling of the cheat-cards.

"Okay, send General McLellan and also his Nato troops in from Afghanistan."

"But President Mom, General McLellan served under Lincoln."

"Have him get out from under his Lincoln and attack post haste! That's an order son!"

Hehehe! You should get the Pooplizer Prize for that! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.