Out of the corner of my tearful eye I noticed that I made my post #1000!

I am elated, exhilarated, jubilant, overjoyed, ecstatic and happy!

Time to get that 12 year old wine out of the cellar.

Salem commented: Congrats! and welcome to the yellow star club :) +22
Ancient Dragon commented: Congratulations for being a valuable DaniWeb contributor :) +36
William Hemsworth commented: Well done! +4

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

And you overshot by 2, guess you'll have to post another 998 times.

congratulations - just noticed I did it too and I don't even know which post it was. I am going to buy that 60 year old port myself - I am the same age as the port (I bought a bottle of it on my 40th - it was soooooo good). Unfortunately, I cannot afford the US$1,200 that it now costs.

so I am taking donations -- Help a poor old man buy himself a drink

donate now!

commented: Congratulations on your many posts :) +36

Congratulations Grim and Henri, a fantastic accomplishment only a few posters have achieved! No wine for me, just a couple of microbrews.

Congratulations Grim and Henri, a fantastic accomplishment only a few posters have achieved!

79 (as of this post)

Congrats on # 1002 :)

are all 79 going to post on this thread? Then I'm in...

Why not? I made it to 2k in another forum and didn't notice until I was at 2050 ish.

Grats. I'm counting every post now till my k.

That's possibly because I don't post much at all.

Congratulations Grim, zeroth, Henri and soon scru. I have enjoyed all your great contributions.

Makes my hot chocolate taste even better this morning!

Hey, lardy, you forgot me! Grr.

>I am elated, exhilarated, jubilant, overjoyed, ecstatic and happy!
Well, congratulations. But keep in mind that it isn't how many posts you have, rather what you've done with your posts. For example, I respect Ancient Dragon far far more than, say, christina>you because his posts are focused on helping people while hers are yapping and playing posting games. Both have a respectable post count, but AD has used his posts more productively, in my opinion.

commented: Very true :] +4

Hey, lardy, you forgot me! Grr.

Lardy only picked the ones that made his hot chocolate taste even better this morning!

Sorry, dude. Looks like you were out too even though you started this thread.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

As irrelevant to this thread as counting posts and green dots is irrelevant to this site.

commented: Love the avatar +2

Congratulations on getting a yellow star! May you very soon achieve the same feat in the 'Solved threads' section. ;-)

Sorry, dude. Looks like you were out too even though you started this thread.

Not so fast, bumsfeld's first name is Henri. Read that in one of his posts.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

As irrelevant to this thread as counting posts and green dots is irrelevant to this site.

Judging from your avatar, you must be one of those pinkos?

Judging from your avatar, you must be one of those pinkos?

Even a blind chicken hits a kernel of corn from time to time. Which makes think your problem is not that you are blind.

Even a blind chicken hits a kernel of corn from time to time. Which makes think your problem is not that you are blind.

You are right, I am just color blind, but you are obviously not.

Bzzt, that should be enough; I request the people posting here to post on topic and not let the sentiment with which the OP started the thread to be diluted by pointless arguments.

Felicitations on your great milestone!
May bubbling feelings of joy, rush to you every time you click that `Submit Reply'.

commented: :-) +23

Let's toast to that fantastic accomplishment!

Damn i just realized i hit number 300 today. Cant wait for 1000, though i do admit that most of my posts have been pointless and in the geeks lounge. I do try to help people when i can but i think most attempts have been futile.

Henri, enjoyed your many posts in the Python section, congratulations on your first kilopost!

I just gotta ask:
Are you riding a European rocket or eating in the Mojave?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.