Hello all....
Good Evening...

Here i am creating a thread,
Where you can,
Post what new thing ,you are going to learn today or what new thing ,you learned today....
And also you can post a brief description of that thing and also links about it,or any if you have....That thing may be a program you done,or what you have get by browsing google, any research,or a concept, or a problem, or a application, or a technology, or a good site you have visited, or a good thing you faced today, or anything ......

Then , all of us know what others learn daily....
If we like it, we also do learn that..

Hope it will be use full to all....
Get Start now->->->

Today I read a pdf which is about AJAX...
But i can't attach it here...
and i have visited this site:
http://www.ajax.org/

Thank you all...
shanti...

Recommended Answers

All 102 Replies

Well, I just learned the little niggley things that have been bother me over the years - forgetfulness, poor attention, restlessness, procrastination, yadda, yadda, are actually symptoms of ADD. What a relief! <Oooh, look a pretty piece of tin foil >

Today I joined in this fourm and know more about the black screen problem.

Hey I like this topic. Its around 11am here. I am planning to start a new site and today I am gonna research on the different online advertising schemes available.

Will be meeting my accountant in the afternoon and probably learned about some corporate tax stuff from him.

Today I learned that I have diabetes in my right eye. I've had the disease for about 10 years, and this was the first time my eye doctor detected any signs of it in my eye. Guess its about time I stop eating all those pizzas, McDonalds hamburgers, DQ cones and other fast food junk -- I'm a real junky for that too :'(

today,im going to research on a topic dynamic image manipulation...means merging of two images with text based on the end users dragged position...
hope i will complete my task today only...

thanks for all the above for give continuation to my thread..
thanks ,
shanti.

Just for giggles - I translated the Russian<snip URL> and other licensed Microsoft software
write to e-mail <snip URL> - spam, surprise,surprise

Just for giggles - I translated the Russian: - spam, surprise,surprise

I just learnt how russian language looks like :P

Today I learned that I have diabetes in my right eye. I've had the disease for about 10 years, and this was the first time my eye doctor detected any signs of it in my eye. Guess its about time I stop eating all those pizzas, McDonalds hamburgers, DQ cones and other fast food junk -- I'm a real junky for that too :'(

So will it affect your eyesight? Do take care, this place needs your ancient wisdom! :)

today i learned that thinking :-/ is such a waste of time because it took 2 hours to me thinking what to do next after watching ajax tutorials videos

Well, today I searched for test management tools and found new site getzephyr.com and planning to download the tool.

today i learned and wrote myself with little piece of code upon practicing the session arrays...
here my little code goes:

<?
session_start();
 if($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD']=='POST')
{
foreach($_POST['checkbox'] as $key=>$val){
  echo "key: ". $key. " value: ". $val ."<br />\n";
  session_register(); 
  //$_SESSION['checked'] = array();

}
$_SESSION['checked']=$_POST['checkbox'];
 foreach ($_SESSION['checked'] as $key=>$value) {
     echo 'The value of $_SESSION['."'".$key."'".'] is '."'".$value."'".' <br />';

}
}
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<form action="" method="post" name="form1">
<table width="100%" border="0">
  <tr>
    <td><input type="checkbox" name="checkbox[]" value="1">
<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox[]" value="2">
<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox[]" value="3">
<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox[]" value="4">
<input type="checkbox" name="checkbox[]" value="5">&nbsp;</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td><input type="submit" name="button" value="GO!">
</td>
  </tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>

today i learned that thinking :-/ is such a waste of time because it took 2 hours to me thinking what to do next after watching ajax tutorials videos

Some times thinking will result in good ideas even they took more time...
And start practice on ajax programming..Its very interesting..
Go ahead my dear kid....

Today, I learned that ADD and the web are a bad combination.

On the other hand check out these 2 sites for laptop protection:
JustStolen.com
Adeonis, sort of a LoJack for laptops.

Today, I learned that my harddisk crash :(

going to learn about implode and explode functions clearly...and also coding.....

now i learn that i must go to bed now ,almost after 15 hrs with my notebook.

I learned that fighting ignorance is a full time job.

validation of an url..
got from google search..

var theurl=document.formaddad.url.value;
     var tomatch= /http:\/\/[A-Za-z0-9\.-]{3,}\.[A-Za-z]{3}/
     if (!tomatch.test(theurl))
     {
          window.alert("URL invalid..See the example giving beside the textbox.");
		 a.url.focus();
		  return false;
             }

today i learnt tooltips using javascript

today i learnt tooltips using javascript

Can you post any url or script or other information for this...

I learnt some php today....

Can you post any url or script or other information for this...

check out this url

check out this url

thanks praveen...
keep do search on new things....

i am going to know about count clicks for flash scripts...if i got any information, let you know here...

I learnt some Java

I learnt that Maths is still super boring :P

I learned to eat lobster.

I learned that reading completely random things that others claim to have learned today is not extraordinarily illuminating.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.