Who is the true Sarah Palin?

Pretty flattering picture, but Sarah Palin does not have blue hair!

Sarah Palin is not a fraud, she has increased the taxes on the oil companies, and has handed this money as a gift to every resident of Alaska. She is very popular up there!

Of course these extra taxes on the oil companies were than passed on to the consumer in the lower 48 states as higher petrol/gas price at the pump.

Er, <<breath, inbreath, outbreath - deep breaths, Ommmmmmmm>>

Okay, thanks Dave! I needed that.

But here I go again.

The problem comes down to the fact that wackoes (I hope you will allow that usage wrt Phillip J. Berg, Esq.) will not accept any evidence - note the response to the COLB and reports from factcheck.com. It is like the search for WMD "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" - there is no evidence that will satisfy the madding crowd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FactCheck

FactCheck.org is a nonprofit website[1] that describes its own goal as "[reducing] the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics." In its efforts, FactCheck claims it is nonpartisan.[2] It is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.[2]

Barack Obama was a founding member, chairman, and president of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was also funded by the Annenberg Foundation.

Now get ready to get pissed at me again.
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/07/atlas-exclusive.html

commented: Now I am really pissed off at you. ;) +10

Fortunately, I took my l/t to a coffee shop with me so I was even able to look around on AtlasShrugged w/o blowing a fuse. I like the use of the word "thug" throughout (without reference to thugee - in particular, I kind of wonder if the use of the word 'thug' is purposive <found elsewhere on the web> "The average murder rate per Thug per year thus produced was then multiplied by the estimated total number of members of all the many Thug gangs", fortunately India was the country under discussion no the US).

To be honest I read Ayn Rand in the 60s, everything she wrote except that really, really boring speech that John Gault broadcasts to the world - I kept trying but just could not get through it (I ran into a guy in one of my philosophy classes who taped the speech and played it back whenever he got depressed by world news - this was in 1976). I saw the movie, with that Lenie Reifenstahl ending, but that was the film maker's choice.... I was a true believer until I heard her talk. It was very disillusioning, to say the least.

Annenberg was Nixon's choice for ambassador to UK and was given the medal of Freedom by Reagan. Oh, why bother; You will draw your links where you want.

It is amazing how calm I can be when I have distractions around but time to head for home so I will probably be less calm.

I know you guys are craving more fraudulent speech by Sarah Palin. Enjoy, courtesy of msnbc.com, your favorite source for news.

I don't have cable so I don't get to watch CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc so I am forced to get my information the old fashioned way - research.

Now a word from our new Old Ones overlords.

I know you guys are craving more fraudulent speech by Sarah Palin. Enjoy, courtesy of msnbc.com, your favorite source for news.

I know you think I will post something mean and snide and anti-Palin but I will let her do that. If you don't want to make the jump, this is what she said:

Q: Brandon Garcia wants to know, "What does the Vice President do?"

PALIN: Aw, that’s something that Piper would ask me, as a second grader, also. That's a great question, Brandon, and a Vice President has a really great job, because no only are they there to support the President agenda, they're like a team member, the team mate to that President. But also, they're in charge of the United States Senate, so if they want to they can really get in there with the Senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom. And it's a great job and I look forward to having that job.

That is just so wrong and this is the job she is applying for.

I dont like Palin. She scares me.

Who cares what she says, she is so much better looking than Joe Biden or even GI JOE. Who would be scared of something that pretty and charming. Also, she knows how to use her guns safely.

awesome pic lol

What redblooded male voter could resist voting for her? It's about time we all get better looking politicians to choose from!

Alas, in the US you can't just vote for Sarah, she comes with this ugly old man in tow.

awesome pic lol

That it is, also notice that she is pointing her rifle to the left! If the Republicans would use that as a campaign poster, the Democrats would surely lose!

Luckily for the Dems, the American voting public is too prudish to allow that shameless kind of poster.

i dont think she is hot at all

she is old + ugly + a psycho

also in the pic

a) she is holding the gun wrong
b) the basic rules of gun safety are being broken in the background

i dont think she is hot at all

she is old + ugly + a psycho

also in the pic

a) she is holding the gun wrong
b) the basic rules of gun safety are being broken in the background

Tell the folks in the picture.

Wow, even the picture is a fraud. Is anybody honest anymore? The gun looks a lot like my bb-gun.

I know you think I will post something mean and snide and anti-Palin but I will let her do that.

"word spray" :)
Very apt.

Wow, even the picture is a fraud. Is anybody honest anymore? The gun looks a lot like my bb-gun.

It is actually a pellet-gun - the only real difference between the 2 is that bb-guns were spring loaded and pellet guns were air-powered (I am actually just guessing - I had a Red Ryder that cocked so hard I had to brace the barrel on the ground and put all my weight on the lever; fortunately, my .3030 does not cock near so hard - in fact, I can keep the Winchester parallel to the ground and cock it. It is too barrel-heavy to do the "Lawman" cocking).

I can't help myself - I see a train-wreck happening in slowmo, i just have to push it just a little:

So recalling Palin's grand speech at the GOP convention, it sure is safe to say that all that glitters is not gold. Even if it's gussied up. Politico reports that the Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 for clothes and accessories for Palin. Bills from Saks Fifth Avenue totaled $49,425.74. There was a $75,062.63 spending spree at Neiman Marcus. And this only covers September. Palin--this daring conservative populist maverick--might have racked up bigger bills on the RNC's credit card this month. Cue Jay Leno....and David Letterman and Tina Fey and everyone else. Hey, at some point, shouldn't a vice presidential candidate stop being known mostly as a punchline?

And another thing: anyone remember Dick Nixon's famous Checkers speech?

I should say this, that Pat doesn't have a mink coat. But she does have a respectable Republican cloth coat, and I always tell her she'd look good in anything.

Apparently, a respectable Republican cloth coat is not sufficient for glam-gov Sarah Palin. The RNC has done a lot more than put lipstick on a pig. It's been dressing up an albatross.

omfg! are those donkeys on her scarf? The cat and dog are surprised at all the furfu

Yup. You could get a Greek-columned stage at Invesco Field for that.

[edit]At least the clothes will go to charity.

$150,000 for clothes and accessories for governor Palin isn't that much. At least it isn't taxpayer's money!

According to Joe Lieberman, who has been training Sarah, she is a very smart student and learns quickly. He is convinced that she will pull an election day win for his buddy McCain.

I notice that Joe has started sucking up to the Dems again - he have just realized he is not going to get a job in the McCain administration.

An interesting thread.

Does she have something to hide in her medical records? They are not disclosed yet!

Every path has its puddle.

NObama '08

NObama '08

What is the other choice again?

I continue to be amazed at how anyone can think Sarah Palin would be a competent leader.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.