signed up as well and trying to help out a little

hi im a new member and how about u?

Hey Dani Great cause! I am in!

I am going to have my computer give its power while I am asleep.

went to the Stanford site and this looks interesting. Does anyone know if it'll work on a Mac running Win XP in Parallels?

went to the Stanford site and this looks interesting. Does anyone know if it'll work on a Mac running Win XP in Parallels?

You are running XP on a Mac? In any case, if XP is running the folding@home XP version should work. Post your results in case there is someone else in the world just as strange and wants to know the same thing.

Cool, thanks! I went back and read all the messages in the thread again and found one that I originally missed saying it would run in Mac OSes. I might check out the XP Parallels idea and post it for the other weirdos like me ;P

Hehe ... good luck against my dual 64-bit G5 power pc :)

might as well call it a "Monster" computer :P

I don't get it

Me neither

I've just started using Folding@Home, and I thought we might create a DaniWeb Folders team.

For those of you who would like to be a part of our fight to cure diseases, by using your unused CPU time, please check out http://folding.stanford.edu

When setting up your client, enter Team # 41335 to be a part of the DaniWeb Folders distributed computing group.

You can find information about our team here:
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=41335

This seems worthwhile, I'll donate a couple of my workstation's 4 Xeon cores...

I just joined. I hope we can get to top 100 or at least 1000

Just Joined in, again. I first found out about this through ATI, the Graphics card guys, they used to supply the F@H software with every distro. I think it didn't catch on, because they didn't really explain it that well.

anyway. I have added my PC to the list for now. 4x 3.2 core+ infinite RAM. yeah right. I will give F@H full control @ idle - as much as the config will allow. ups to dani.

one thing that I will say, it doesn't autostart with windows. you gotta set that up yourself. I wonder how many people think they are running this, when they are not.

I will be adding the Team # once I hop online w/ the PS3 to aid in the team folding

Can one please get more explanation on this probably from members who have joined. I really want Daniweb on the top list

Can somebody give me instructions on how to install and configure this on my vps?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.