We need someone or an entity to tilt the election so what giant company is best for the job? No not Microsoft they are slowly evaporating, it is now Google! Write-in Google this Election and see what happens who knows you may hear "google got 10 percent of the votes")

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

I hate google

You forgot one option on the poll:
"Hell no, that has to be the lamest thing I've heard in a good while."

You forgot one option on the poll:
"Hell no, that has to be the lamest thing I've heard in a good while."

I vote for that!

What is your point?
There should be an option for those that do not accept the basic premise of the poll.

Yes Grimjack thats my point we should have more then just 2 people to choose from. I think it would be funny to see the nominee that loses to be the vice president instead of whoever they chose lol.

Oh there is an option for people who don't like the poll number 4 write in the germ on my pillow case.

Google have crap policies they are the nazis of the internet, they keep peoples data for ever and help china censor people.

You have strong opinions, can you back them up with articles?

Do you know how out of date those documents are?

commented: And they haven't changed a damn bit. -3

they are still valid. check googles TOS and Privacy Policy

commented: You were right! I had to read some terms and conditions for myself man are they evil! +1

Do you know how out of date those documents are?

Do you have an contrary information to offer yourself, since you seem to be pretty concerned about backing things up?

Oh there is an option for people who don't like the poll number 4 write in the germ on my pillow case.

No, that is not a vote I want to make - if you look like your avatar, I am not sure I want your germs elected to anything (that a joke, son).

commented: Thanks I liked the joke. Oh and thanks for putting it's a joke I have trouble sometimes getting jokes. +1

Remember, Google bought DoubleClick - one of the nastiest of the dataminers. Combine that with the fact that Google stores quite a bit of info about you in a lot of different places. Google accepted China's restrictive rules on search results out of their country. This all leads to questions about how Google defines 'Evil' - wrt "do no evil".

Google is worse than M$

when google becomes the new MS (when the fat client OS is redundant) and apple becomes the evil purveyors of DRM, we will wish we had not been so mean to microsoft.

Google is worse than M$

when google becomes the new MS (when the fat client OS is redundant) and apple becomes the evil purveyors of DRM, we will wish we had not been so mean to microsoft.

So true. There are only two things Google is useful for; Gmail (and anyone who actually uses Gmail for confidential stuff is ignorant of the inherent danger) and its search engine.

anyone who uses the internet at all for anything is unaware of its very nature, but such is the world we live in..

I have been reading some of their T&C rules and heck I was surprised that people are waiving laws that protect them without even reading the terms and conditions! I just put Google as a joke really I had nothing better to do... sadly enough.

There is/was a lot of pent up emotion behind Google - they were the wunderkind for so long, when they matured as a major corp. suddenly they were everywhere in your life. It did not help that we discovered that they kept all our search data stored somewhere forever about the same time we discovered our government had set CARNIVORE loose on the internets snooping for our hidden secrets.

I'm personally a Google fan, knowing full well that they're not the messiah (as many seem to believe). I think it's the most useful tool on the internet, but I have the full knowledge not to use it for anything too "delicate". Everything has a downside, most companies have an evilside, but most of the most valuable resources I have available to me have some shady component. At least googles "shady" side is legal.

Take Google, Microsoft, your government, and your local Pawn-Shop as what they are. A useful tool that has a dark-side you don't want to hear about.

Take Google, Microsoft, your government, and your local Pawn-Shop as what they are. A useful tool that has a dark-side you don't want to hear about.

I would rather know everything about this "dark side" so I can combat it.

Hear it or not, I don't think it's reason to stop using Google, just be more careful. You wouldn't buy a watch from a guy on the street without thinking about the implications, you shouldn't send personal information on the internet without being just as careful.

Certainly not saying buying a watch on the street is as safe, or recomended, just that you should be careful any time you don't know every step in a transaction. DO NOT buy "Rolax" outside of the mall, but do treat any webpage that knows personal information about you like they're hustling you.

You wouldn't buy a watch from a guy on the street without thinking about the implications,

Which is why I would prefer to know all about the "dark side"

Sigh... Analogies on forums always come back to bite you on the !@#.

I'm all for knowing what's going on, I stated in my post that the only reason I'm okay with google is that I'm aware of the risks. I should have been more clear about the differences between something you don't WANT to hear about and something that you SHOULDN'T hear about. Some people don't care and shouldn't bother looking into the privacy policy on their search for "pictures of puppies", some do care and should be aware of the ramifications of their searches/emails.

The information is out there, I'm not trying to say anybody who's interested should look the other way.

commented: Good job explaining your earlier post :) +9

No, that is not a vote I want to make - if you look like your avatar, I am not sure I want your germs elected to anything (that a joke, son).

I just found this - better than a smiley, more fun than a laugh track

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.