http://www.change.gov

One thing proposed in here which is EXTREMELY STUPID is the Windfall Profit Tax.

Obama still plans to carry this out!

The results:
Raising the price of gas back up,affecting the price of goods and services,nullifying the effect of the rebate.

Charging said taxes to corporations and those over a specific income level..

Folks...if a company is taxed on profit,they pass that tax on to the consumer in the form of higher prices!

Windfall Profit Tax = EXTREMELY STUPID IDEA!!!!

You think the economy is bad now! Wait till this goes through!!!! It's going to have a spiral effect! Oil Companies and corporations taxed by this will pass it on to YOU in the form of higher prices...MARK MY WORDS!!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUSLY STUPID IDEA!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

That was tried before in the Carter administration and didn't work out very well. Reagan repealed it. BTW gas has been cut in half what it was a year ago -- it was $2.05/gallon here yesterday.

So he's chosen as his Chief of Staff someone who was very much in bed with Freddie and Fannie; on his economy team is the governor of a state that's in economic shambles.

Yes, this will work out really well.

Change. That's all we'll have left in our pockets.

So he's chosen as his Chief of Staff someone who was very much in bed with Freddie and Fannie

Conservatives are quite upset, as they only approve of bedding Fannie.

So he's chosen as his Chief of Staff someone who was very much in bed with Freddie and Fannie; on his economy team is the governor of a state that's in economic shambles.

Did you get the 4 feet of snow?

Did you get the 4 feet of snow?

Only several inches here where I am, though it drifted up to 3 feet in parts of my driveway and around the house. Today streets are mostly dry and I can see my grass. Typical.

You think the economy is bad now! Wait till this goes through!!!! It's going to have a spiral effect! Oil Companies and corporations taxed by this will pass it on to YOU in the form of higher prices...MARK MY WORDS!!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUSLY STUPID IDEA!!!!

Recent arguments by members of the present Republican Party have claimed this is the case for the past two terms. If they had also sought regulation and regulatory control over many of the market advancements made by Bush's tax cuts the economic crisis would likely not have resulted. It is possible the windfall tax cuts will make economic problems worse, though on the other hand could result in halting the climb of the deficit as was seen under Clinton's tax rates that were along some of the same lines of reasoning as Obama seeks to implement.

http://www.change.gov

One thing proposed in here which is EXTREMELY STUPID is the Windfall Profit Tax.

Obama still plans to carry this out!

The results:
Raising the price of gas back up,affecting the price of goods and services,nullifying the effect of the rebate.

Charging said taxes to corporations and those over a specific income level..

Folks...if a company is taxed on profit,they pass that tax on to the consumer in the form of higher prices!

Windfall Profit Tax = EXTREMELY STUPID IDEA!!!!

We are marking your words.
This is the first time I have seen you actually posting an opinion.
You need to do a little research on economics, taxes, inelasticity of pricing.
We get the hint - you do not think it is a good idea but it is not dangerous nor stupid. Do some research on a site that does not use too many 'bangs' (!), bad caps, or thoughtless name calling.

What do you mean 'in bed with'? Freddie and Fannie are corporations and so, even given their legal status as persons, there is no way they could have been in bed on their own let alone with each other or Emanuel. If you want to say something, say something specific (and post a link too); otherwise you are just blowing wind. The name of his chief of staff is Rep. Rahm Emanuel. Name the person and state that you are referring to.

Babble - yes this will convince that you have a solid grasp of politics.

Change is more that Bush has left in the pockets of our children.

Only several inches here where I am, though it drifted up to 3 feet in parts of my driveway and around the house. Today streets are mostly dry and I can see my grass. Typical.

South Dakota - sounds cold and chilly, I grew up in Montana. What is the weather you are experiencing? photos? weathercam?

sounds cold and chilly

My favorite. I have always loved winter, especially snow; even the shoveling.

South Dakota - sounds cold and chilly, I grew up in Montana. What is the weather you are experiencing? photos? weathercam?

Here's a Thursday news story, you can click the video link on the left for some pics.

It was a good storm, enough to close the town down two days (lots of ice on the roads under the snow.) Not the worst I've seen in 11 years here. Things were pretty much back to normal today (Saturday) - open house at my model train club had the largest turnout we've ever seen! Guess after two days of being shut in, people were ready to go anywhere!

Maybe we should be spinning the weather stories off to a new thread?

Model train club? You know, I have this really bizarre idea about using Lionel-type train set (I forget the gauge, the only scale I remember is HO) suspended from the ceiling as a form of, er, track-lighting.

Model train club? You know, I have this really bizarre idea about using Lionel-type train set (I forget the gauge, the only scale I remember is HO) suspended from the ceiling as a form of, er, track-lighting.

Is that supposed to be a pun? Bad, really bad.

For that purpose, I'd go with at least Lionel sized set (O guage, 1:48 scale) to be big and sturdy enough for being suspended. This is actually done a lot (not as lighting) to run trains around rooms up high.

As this is a computing forum, I can't mention model trains without adding this: Turing Train

The Turing Train is really, really kool! I ended my thought with a pun but I actually am thinking about using the 'O' scale Lionel. I got the idea from seeing some track lighting with the track made of what looked like welding rod attached to a transformer with the light hanging from a rod between the 2 tracks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.