Does anybody make PC Case mods. What is the coolest case you have made?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Member Avatar for szukalski

Nothing really cool in the social sense of the word but I have cut out my fan holes so that there is less obstruction to the airflow. I have been thinking about putting grills on them but I never put my fingers near them so it hasn't been a priority.
It did make it cooler though. And then I made a "tunnel" from my side fan to my ram so it just cools the ram. I made it out of cardboard, but it still works alright.
Is that what you meant by cool? :P

havent MADE any mods as such - being as most things i have needed are available already! got a new cooler master aquagate and a few UV lights and a light reactive chem to put in the coolant :) will be going on my new budget sempron 3100 system to replace the god-awful laptop i am having to use (celeron 2.5 GHz, performs like a pII)

I have seen those water cooler systems with the dye in it, makes a really cool effect.

Neons and LED bars are a good way to go, especially combined with any shiny bits and perspex see through areas! AKASA do cheap LED case fans which can give a nice glow to your PC

I've removed the side panels for easy access. I don't see the point in doing anything else because the machine is tucked away under my desk anyway where I don't see it.
Besides, I like the way normal machines look :)

dont forget you can do functional mods rather than asthetic mods. For example with a few cheapo fans you could prevent a PC from running too hot, and even make it safer to raise the speed a little...

What about the people that don't have their pc under a desk? Some people may think of modding as an art form.

The first PC i built I used a basic Antec case and put a clear window on it using a kit I bought at best buy, looked okay. My new comp I just bought a pre-modded case because it looks cleaner. But i've since added an LED bar and fans.

A clear window kit?? clear window to me involves screwdriver, griding bits, perspex and some industial strength adhesive.... :) A normal MOD is to grind fan holes in a standard case and put in extra cooling fans. LED fans can also be put in.... :)

this might be a little off topic, but is there a way that u can make your computer not collect dust on the inside. I opened mine up today and a lot of dust came out, it was literaly a cloud.

yea, get some canned air and spray it out every once in a while :D

I've "modded" my case, but for purely functional reasons:

2 holes in the side panel to accomodate two 92mm Vantec tornados
holes drilled in the front for better air intake from the front 80mm fans on my hard drives.

Like someone else mentioned, my system's under a desk, so I don't care about the looks of it. I do have 2-3 LED fans in my box, but that's just because they happened to come on some device I was installing in the system, not some aesthetic decision.

If you dont want dust, get better airflow. dust is only dropped where the air is not moving fast enough to carry it. So a dusty case can provide a few clues about where to put some fans :) Most PCs get dusty because the exhaust fans are too weak to make any difference. Get a BIG 120mm or above Fan at the top of the rear panel for a good exhaust flow. Then match it with an air intake and similar sized fan near the bottom of the front / side panel (hot air rises)

I think I will do that, thanks. I was alos looking at some stuff for computer mods and saw a thing that tells you every thing that is going on in your computer on your case. It has an asthetic look because it looks space like with the light up blue display, and has a purpose, kind of.

A friend of mine painted his monitor, tower, and the keyboard area of his desk red with black racing stripes to match a mousepad he likes. It actually looks really good (maybe I can convince him to let me post a photo of it sometime).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.