I like those new forum member badges that you have now i already posted mine on my website

Recommended Answers

All 49 Replies

I know they rock they went through a couple stages that i witnessed but this ones the best so far

But dani they should be seen in the public profile

Thanks mikeandike! You're right, OurNation, they've gone through a few incarnations over the past day. :)

I actually don't want to post them on the public profile because the idea is for only the badge owner to get their certificate. :) In addition, everything displayed on the certificate is shown in the profile anyways ;)

I do hope you guys like the current design ... please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for them :)

in ur control panel it says your name and how many posts you have your avatar and a cool ribbon that gets brighter with every post (sorta i think)

hey dani whats the little b in a circle in my badge mean

dani you should make it possible to display our badges in our sigs if theres a way im oblivious to how (ps if you havent relized i wanna display my badge really badly)

hey dani whats the little b in a circle in my badge mean

You will see a b in a little circle button if you are a blogger and a c in a little circle button if you are a coder (have submitted code snippets to our library).

and what a great blog (not plural) it was it was for a google bomb but i lost intreast

hey dani what about my suggestion

im probably being stupid here, whats a blog? is it a plug, as in plugging something you/someone else has done/made?

A few people have asked me about putting the image in their signature, but unfortunately, there are a few problems in doing that. The first is that after much deliberation, the moderator team has decided that the benefits of images in signatures simply don't outweigh their problems. There is a thread about in the building a community forum.

Now ... you may suggest allowing JUST your badge in your signature. Aside from all of the extra bandwidth that would consume, it would seem redundant. Everything that a badge contains is already displayed next to your posts. Therefore, all that would happen would be extra overhead from having your avatar being downloaded twice, with no extra information / content being gained.

If you're just itching to display your badge to the world, and you haven't a webpage of your own, for now you can blog about it and show it inline in your blog entry :)

Perhaps in the future I may come up with an idea such as a spot on the homepage that shows a random "badge of the day" or something along those lines ... who knows. I'll have to think about it more. Right now I'm just working on squashing any bugs in the badge and making sure they work for everyone and the design is just the way I want.

maybe you can replace the stuff on the side with the badge i personally really like the badge you might want to modify it (if you like the idea) so the avatar is bigger

Perhaps there will be some forum style changes along with a spiffier postbit in the somewhat near future ;) Definitely ideas to take into consideration during my winter break from school :)

im probably being stupid here, whats a blog? is it a plug, as in plugging something you/someone else has done/made?

www.daniweb.com/blogs/

A blog ... or a web log ... is where people can talk, comment on, or post news reports about different technology related things.

its like a web journal

still going over my head... it is basically a diary/notebook attached to your profile?

horray my badge is red now

There are five shades of red that it goes through the more you post :)

what does the b and the c stand for on the badge

cool what are the requirements for each stage (if you dont mind sharing)

blog contributer and code contributer

Right now it's set to go a deeper shade of red at ...

0 posts = grey
> 100 posts
> 250 posts
> 500 posts
> 1000 posts = red

mines still gray @ 136, unless i am going slightly mad.... mayb its a dark red :)

Sounds pretty nice, but I don't see one on my control panel. I have an empty box. Tried pasting the URL at the left but it returns an error. ? ? ?

I'm starting to feel Rueful. :sad:

dang i need a couple more posts

wow, quite a popular thread, only up for a few hours and already on its second page. nice touch with the badges dani ;)

Hehe yup ... thanks. And I'm really happy to see some people using them already too :-D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.