these things look awesome!!!

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~gamers/PRODUCT%20PAGES/Game%20Console%20USB%20Controller%20adaptors.htm

anybody know if they are any good? I hate pc controllers and want a PS2 or XBOX controller!

cheers

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

i dont know they have a pretty crappy website.

looks kind of cool, I play alot of emulators and i agree PC controllers are just no good. Its defiantely worth a look.

im gonna go instore oneday (store puts the site to shame!) and ask if i can take one home for a night and give a go!

RIP OFF! get a soldering iron and you can make XBOX/PS2/GC/USB Connectors for nothing!! for example the XBOX to USB involves chopping the xbox cable and usb cable and soldering all but one wire. If you get some wire and some USB connectors its an easy job. I know someone who made my bothers GC and P2 one so if I find out i will post the details up

BHP I would appreciate if you could get me the details for that. I have a friend that is very handy with wires and soldering, and loves emulators as well

which one? For the XBOX as i said its just a case of cutting and joining wires. All you need then is the drivers. I will have to check for the PS2 one as i dont use it much (i prefer mouse for FPS) and i dont fancy removing the mountain of electrical tape on my bros GC adaptor.... i will have a look and post ASAP

I'd like to know how to change a PS2 controller. I know you can by cool stuff like that at lik-sang.com

ill have to look at a schematic for it. Someone else made my / my bros PS2 connector and only he knows what driver is needed. If anyone wants i can make what i have in my usb slot --> a 3 way adaptor! all it is is wire, sheathing and heatshrink. Add to that an xbox/ps2/gc/usb connector and its done!

sounds good! can you plz post some pics? i might just buy one ( i found a place where i can get them for only $20)

just bought one, they are mad!

ok Some details for the XBOX one

XBOX 2 USB:

Cut usb and cut xbox wires. xbox wires should be cut after the connector to the console (ie you cut the small wire not the controller main wire). For each coloured wire twist the cut ends XBOX cable back together and also twist it with another wire and solder. This way you have an XBOX 2 Console OR USB connector (ie one end = controller, other two ends = xbox and usb). Cover the join with heatshrink or electrical tape. The exception is the YELLOW WIRE. This has no need to be connected to the USB end.

When you have the part search google for the drivers as i cannot remember where I found them :( hope this is useful to anyone!

I would be a little hesitant to just cut a $30 controller, but if you know what your doing I guess it'd be cool.

$30 controller!?!?!?! You cut the connecting wire!!! then console 2 controller wire

thx dude, i must try this!

umm...where do i buy USB wire? and where can i buy a soldering iron?

USB wire can be bought at any computer or electronics store or cut from an old peripheral. You can buy a soldering iron at radio shack.

you also have to buy solder, they should have it at radio shack also, it is on a roll.

seems cheaper to buy one for $20AU!!! (thats what ive already done, but its PS2, an XBOX would be awesome though)

my 3 in 1 cost a grand total of £2.99....

wat? how is that? $25 for the USB cable, god knows how much for the Soldering Iron, etc? Could u post pics, 3 in 1 sounds phat! also, where did u get it that cheap?

wat? how is that? $25 for the USB cable, god knows how much for the Soldering Iron, etc? Could u post pics, 3 in 1 sounds phat! also, where did u get it that cheap?

He is talking 2.99 pounds, I believe? not US currency, besides solder is very inexpensive

but dont u need some special soldering iron?

No just the basic soldering iron with some solder that's conductive will be fine.

cool...will get a usb solder cable thingy tomorrow!

If you only ever use the soldering iron once it's more expensive, but it can be used more than once.
Solder same thing. You may pay $5-$10 for a roll but that will last for weeks or months depending on how often you use it.
The cable is the most expensive but can be had cheap as well, as can the connectors (but you may want to shop around some).

exactly! You can get a soldering iron kit (iron/solder/cleaning cloth/stand) for $5 from any online elec store and more powerful versions up to about $30 (hope ive got £ -> $ right). and what is this obsession with USB wire? its just a moneyspinner as you could get 25 metres of electrical wire for less than $5. you will only use about 3m for the adapter in total....

Any news on drivers? Either X-Box or PS2 would be great!

Also, old printer cable works great for extensions; I've used it successfully for everything from mice to monitors 'cause it has RF shielding built in...

Most discount or department stores sell these older style parallell
printer cables fairly cheap, as more printers are going USB nowadays.

hope this helps.
---Wizard---

Anyway, a $30 is nothing.
I'm sitting here with some €250 worth of controllers and am looking longingly at another kit worth some €1500.
There's another €250 or so worth of controllers I don't use anymore (2 units plus a spare for one of them that's flaky) and may at some point decide to replace with a new €400 set...
On the side I've some €1000 worth of extra devices I purchased for just one application...

That's all dedicated flight simulator stuff, some of the more expensive hardware to add to your PC.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.