I have spent over a year trying to develop a website and been scammed twice. I have persons working on it now but it has been 8 months. I need a clone to one of these sites that can be customized: SuperPages, Yellowpages, or Merchant Circle. I need a website that can do those functions plus I intend to customize to with Wiki functions.

Currently, I have some script but and a database of businesses, categories, keywords. However, we are having a problem creating a search platform to search the database QUICKLY and efficiently. That is most of the reason that I want one of those clones.

Is there anyone who knows where to find those clones or anyone who will QUICKLY develop a search engine for my database? I need it to be cheap as well.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You have to find a balance between the price you're willing to pay and the quality you're willing to settle for.

BUMMER (about the scamming part)

It's easier to code 'great applications' rather than to come up with a unique idea that's going to sell. If you had a great idea that got stolen by people who you hired to code it, BUMMER (again).
I hope that this time, you find programmers with a decent background/reputation so you won't get scammed.

I'm not an IT expert. (I'm a chemical eng'g student, actually) but these are my two cents worth: do not compromise the quality of the work (your confidence in the person, the application he's going to develop, etc) just to be able to cut back on costs. Choose a decent middle ground.

PS: welcome to daniweb

I agree. I paid money to 1.) a guy from New York named Felix Pantaleon (GAF) and a second time to: 2.) an Indian company named ShantOM. Both times, I did not receive any usable material/website. I found both on GetaFreelancer.com.

Thank you for your input. I do not mind paying decently, but I want results.

You have to find a balance between the price you're willing to pay and the quality you're willing to settle for.

BUMMER (about the scamming part)

It's easier to code 'great applications' rather than to come up with a unique idea that's going to sell. If you had a great idea that got stolen by people who you hired to code it, BUMMER (again).
I hope that this time, you find programmers with a decent background/reputation so you won't get scammed.

I'm not an IT expert. (I'm a chemical eng'g student, actually) but these are my two cents worth: do not compromise the quality of the work (your confidence in the person, the application he's going to develop, etc) just to be able to cut back on costs. Choose a decent middle ground.

PS: welcome to daniweb

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.