I wouldn`t have believed time travel was possible through the use of programming, before I watched the Futurama feature length episode "Bender`s Big Score". It turns out you just need to utter the Universal Machine Language time code and bumf....a time machine turns up. Also, it`s a paradox correcting time code, so everything works perfectly....right up until when it DESTROYS THE UNIVERSE! I can`t write the code here in case the time machine sends this website to an era before the internet was invented, but it starts with 1011010101111011.

Steven.

Yes! It really is possible...time travel is possible...and programming is the key...perhaps, a part of the answer...
Did anyone wondered why the machine language has to be 1 and 0 only... no other number, it has to be only 1 and 0....Why is the machine only reads 1 and 0? Although there are still lots of numbers to read... My mind has not evolved yet so I can't answer this kind of question...hehehe...
But someday...we can solve this time travel thing...we will...

The machine uses 1 and 0 because it's easier to do binary arithmetic (in electronics) than denary arithmetic. 1 and 0 map very well to the intrinsic states 'on' and 'off'.

You can make bigger numbers in base 2 (binary) using only 0 and 1, just the same as you can make bigger numbers in base 10 (denary) with only 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9. You can represent any number in base 10 in base 2, so it doesn't really matter.

Base 10 is quite arbitrary anyway. Why do you consider 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9, as 'enough' unit numbers... why not 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E and F? Or base 200 with some new unique symbol for each unit?

Well its probably not possible in the first place, but if it were the computers controlling it will have to be programmed somehow. :)

A close friend programmed some feature for Linux OS that allow you to have a shell viewing all your files (Filesystem) in an specific time.
Name of the project is DeLorean, really cool. You just time "travel <date>" and you will be in a shell accesing all files as it was in that date. Of course, it s works just going to the past, hehey!
You can check this feature out as soon as he get approval from his University.
Anyway there are others projects like this for Windows OS. ;-)
Problem is you are thinking like me, afait, to travel taking your body, not just with your mind :-)
To mind travelers I think best choice is smoke, but just a little, to doesn t lose the control of the ship ;-)
Regards.

Yes! It really is possible...time travel is possible...and programming is the key...perhaps, a part of the answer...
Did anyone wondered why the machine language has to be 1 and 0 only... no other number, it has to be only 1 and 0....Why is the machine only reads 1 and 0? Although there are still lots of numbers to read... My mind has not evolved yet so I can't answer this kind of question...hehehe...
But someday...we can solve this time travel thing...we will...

Why do we need to travel through time in the first place? Notions of time travel have been shown to present a number of paradoxes which seem to suggest that it is not possible. Besides everything is inside one's head, the past which most people would like to travel back to exists only as memories and the future is nothing but expectations. With that in mind, where exactly will you be going to? Besides why travel through time when you can't change anything in that time period that you have traveled to? Check out the Grandfathers' and other paradoxes about time travel, I think you will get a better grasp of the difficulties associated with time travel

Traveling forward in time doesn't give any paradoxes.

And if/when you return to your own time, do you sit idly by content knowing what will happen? If you stop acting your normal routine chaos theory suggests that an entirely different future would occur. So what then? What was the point of traveling at all since everything is now different. I'd say that's somewhat of a paradox

And if/when you return to your own time

That would require traveling backwards in time.

Traveling backwards doesn't give any paradoxes either if you through quantum realities into the mix.

That would require traveling backwards in time.

Touché my friend, touché indeed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.