i have 2 hdd in one pc i want to be able to log on to either of these at the welcome screen at start up one of the discs need to be password protected the other one open for the kids i have installed xp pro on both discs and both are working fine i have 1 set as master the other as slave i dont know how to sort this out please any help will be most welcome
thanx

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well in the bios theres an option for a start up pass word. Ive never done it but my step farther thought he was funny one time and did it too me, ahh, this was before i knew anything about computer's but yes its possible, browse the bio's and look around, set pass word to the Master drive.

I've never seen a setup where you could do exactly what you're asking to do. Might it be a better idea to use a removable hard drive cage or something, and then simply swap out the drive you're looking to use?

yes, removable disks work well. I've done that in the past several times for test machines.
Have harddisks with different OSs, different versions of the software under test.
Just swap in the one you need and get going, apart from the stuff on that disk everything in the machine is guaranteed to be identical between test runs...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.