Thanks for the welcome! I just came across this site a few minutes ago. I am married, have 4 grown children, 10 Grands, so you can see I'm pretty old. Ha I got a laptop for Christmas and I have not touched it yet. I don't know where to stArt. I am afraid I will tear it up. I have read the literature, but it is confusing.
Could someone guide me throuigh it? I am going to Church right now but after I get home, I will post again. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Welcome!

Okay. Whats your experience level?
Do you have an internet connection?
Do you already have a PC?

Yes, I already have a pc. I can get around on it and do what I want to do, but I am no techie, by no means. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1420, Vista Home Premium. I guess that is about all I know about it.

Okay vista is pretty easy to get started with. When you start it up for the first time it will ask you some questions like your name, the date and time, etc...

If you are used to XP it will be quite a change but after you adjust most people find it more productive.

Hi, the setup guide says (1) Connect the AC Adapter (2) Connect the modem and network (cables not included) . OK, What kind of cables are they speaking of? Also the ac adapter doesn't seem to want to plug in. I know, I know, I told you I am afraid of it. It has been sitting here a month because I am a dummy.
Do I have to contact my ISP for wireless connection?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.