Hi, I am a new Bit Torrent user and am having trouble as I am advised to update my client. I am unsure how to do this or even what I am updating to.
This post is a little vague I know but if anyone has any advise on Bit Torrents then please could you assist?
Ta muchly.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Aside from the fact that the bittorrent era is over, you might try torrentstorm - link removed

bah, just because suprnova went down doesnt mean its over. Im still using it, link removed so if bit torrent era is over, what era are we moving into?

the era of decentralized p2p... exeem.

The torrent era is far from over. Although suprnova.org and a few other larger trackers have been taken down, there are still many others out there, and some, I might say, are immune to legal threats/prosecution.
link removed for example opperates within legal bounds (as noted in the sites footer).
The creators of suprnova are currently developing another bit torrent client which apparently will change alot of peoples views of bit torrent (so he says). But it is to be supported by advertisments within the client application which i dont think anyone likes atall, including me.
There are currently many clients to choose from, some update themselves (such as Azureus) and others are under regular development (such as ABC(Another BT Client), BitComet and BitTornaido etc..). I'd suggest firing up google.com and looking for the various clients. Give them a go and choose one you prefer and find easiest to use :)

I personally love Bit Torrent and find it the best way to destribute information that people want. I'm currently downloading Fedora 3 from a Linuxiso.org torrent and its great. I get my max bandwidth constantly. And at 2.3GB its a god send to get these files in chunks rather than FTP resumes or HTTP downloads etc.

The BT protocol is far ahead of its time and I believe will last a long time.

what Redux said, lol. But even though kazaa and such are popular, when you look up a file alot of them are pretty unreliable and you never know if your getting what it actually says your getting. Although with bittorrent I can go around 50kb/sec when I should be able to go about 70 kb/sec. Still much faster and reliable than p2p.

err... uummm.....

Rules here forbid assistance being given with P2P software. Topic closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.