Thanks for the warm welcome, My name is Steve, I am 55 yrs. young, and Ride Goldwing Motorcycles, Operate Ham Radios, and attend the Biggest Christisan Church in this area, 3500 members and counting, and I piddle with computers, which I have 3, Right now I am looking for a Power Switch for a Dell, with the inline 9 pin plug, seems hard to find! Have a GREAT Day.

Blessings
Steve-O

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome!

What model dell? And can you decribe the switch?

Some dells use very strange power switches. The one on my e520 seems totally nonstandard (the front pannel connets to the motherboard using an IDE-style ribbon cable?)

Welcome!

What model dell? And can you decribe the switch?

Some dells use very strange power switches. The one on my e520 seems totally nonstandard (the front pannel connets to the motherboard using an IDE-style ribbon cable?)

Thank You Sir, I solved the problem by swapping the MOBO, you are right, I have seen 3 different MOBO power switch connections on a Dell. I just bought myself a new Acer Laptop, Wally World locally has them for $348.00 Windows Vista, 160 GB HD,, 3 GB RAM,
This is my first VISTA machine and it's a little different, but not to bad, things are just NOT in the same place that they were with XP.
Thanks again and have a BLESSED DAY !!

Steve-O

PS, Now my wife wants one of these Acers, her old IBM T-21, has lost it's appeal ! LOL !

Ah thats lucky. Some dells (current generation dimensions for one) use totally nonstandard motherboards and cases, making replacement dificult.

Vista is a big change from XP but in time you will get used to it. My cousin has an Acer for school and she thinks its quite nice. Ive got a Thinkpad R series with XP, and a Lenovo with Vista myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.