I really wonder about geeks' very first posts.
Of course starting with Narue, but also Dani, Peter_Budo, jbennet, Ancient Dragon, Serkan Sendur and the ones who have thousands of posts. I am really curious about it and i couldnt find a way to see it.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

You can read about my reasons here. Browse around the other archive articles and you will find many other members and their reasons.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to find our first posts on Daniweb, or are you asking why we didn't first post to the Geeks' Lounge?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you trying to find our first posts on Daniweb, or are you asking why we didn't first post to the Geeks' Lounge?

I wonder the first post, like after you sign up to this website what was the very first post you posted.

I have over 12,000 posts and can't possibly tell you the first post I made. A search of all my posts doesn't work either because they are no longer on the server, but probably archived off somewhere.

When I joined there were a bunch of know-it-all wannabes running around giving bad advice in the C and C++ forums. I'm fairly confident that my first post was a correction to one of their posts.

The earliest post I can successfully find is on September 26, 2004 (clicky), which is pretty close to my join date, but still short ten days worth of posts.

Would be interesting, but I can't even remember what I posted yesterday.

Actually, following Narue's hint I think I found my first post:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post59563-4.html

I was one of those know-it-all wannabes running around giving bad advice.

I don't know what my first post was here, but this post apperantly is the first one I got rep for* and it's from the same month I joined, so close enough :)

*You can still see your rep-history in the user-cp. Post history is limited

When I joined there were a bunch of know-it-all wannabes running around giving bad advice in the C and C++ forums. I'm fairly confident that my first post was a correction to one of their posts.

The earliest post I can successfully find is on September 26, 2004 (clicky), which is pretty close to my join date, but still short ten days worth of posts.

I can only find the most recent 500 posts I've made. I click on my profile then select the Find All Posts link, and only 500 posts are reported. Is there a way to get them all?

>Is there a way to get them all?
Do an advanced search and order by ascending. With that my first post is this one. My last search was with google, but this way is better. ;)

Thanks Narue. Here is my first post. It doesn't appear that I ever posted in Community Introductions. :icon_redface:

I never posted in Community Introduction either.

From your post i became a bit curious and tried to trace back my old days here.

My first post was in community introduction section here, as i was trying to post a brief intro of self ,as per the couple of stickies in that section,just to complete formalities ,before being bombarded with questions a lot via PM from oracle and VB 6 forums.

And surprisingly i have started only one other thread Thoughts of the day ,which has over whelming response from members with 1300+ posts.

That simply means i have never asked any question and always replied to others queries/doubts.

So i am going to pat myself on the back the entire evening.

commented: Good Job :) :) +36

>Is there a way to get them all?
Do an advanced search and order by ascending. With that my first post is this one. My last search was with google, but this way is better. ;)

When i saw my first post i went back to that day, i was in Istanbul, worrying about my last companies future, it was violating the e-commerce rules, and it was about to be closed by government, it happened finally, a month before it closed i broke my right foot and couldnt walk for one month. Thinking that your first post is four years ago, you would remember much more, you werent even a mother at that time...
When you compared your current knowledge to back then, do you see big changes?

>When you compared your current knowledge to back then, do you see big changes?
Absolutely. If I can manage to go over four years without learning anything significant, it's time to retire.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.