At humanity's current level of technological advancement, if something bad happened, the human race would die and there would be relatively little we could do about it. For example, say our sun goes supernova, we wouldn't be able to truly do anything that would make a difference. Only a select few individuals would be able to board spaceships before the explosion hit Earth, and those few would most likely not be able to escape our solar system in time (save for the new "experimental" interstellar spaceflight engines that are currently being built).

John A commented: Why don't you just go crawl into a hole somewhere and die. -4
ahihihi... commented: :) +1

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

did this guy get banned for this post?

i mean, yeah it's pretty godawful stupid, but still....

lol im loving John A's comment of "Why don't you just go crawl into a hole somewhere and die. - John A"

And yeah, they are banned (again)

maybe i'm missing something, but thats a pretty tame post to get banned for.

i guess you guys aren't used to the wandering StormFront douchebags.....

He didnt get banned for this, he got banned for spamming and insulting people - also there is about 10 other posts like this

ah, i see now. there were deleted posts i never saw.

dont mind me, im still figuring this site out.

dont mind me, im still figuring this site out.

768 post latter?!

yeah, i know.... this account came free with a lvl 70 orc mage i bought on EBay.

:(

commented: You win this thread. +19
commented: Best reply ever. +15

All I have to say is LOL... to the whole thread.

Thanks for brightening my morning :)

human race won't die as long as there are males

Just males?

& also females

WUT?

human race won't die as long as there are males

what about nuclear war??? Or an huge asteroid hitting Earth ?? Or little green monsters from Mars ???

Or little green monsters from Mars ???

Just play Slim Whitman songs....

Is that you, John Wayne?

If the human race did die, it would not be missed. It would probably be considered an evolutionary dead-end - if something else came along that could make that determination.

i think we'll wind up being a mystery to whatever comes afterwards, like the dinosaurs are to us.

We're just a blip in the timescale so far. The dinosaurs were dominant for ~160 million years. The Homo genus only has about 2.5 million under its belt so far and I don't think that I would bet on even seeing 3 million.

commented: good point. +6

What could make a difference a microbe to avoid being crushed on the floor. We should be more realistic?

An intelligent insect species could take over. Survivors of a galactic gamma ray burst.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.