Hi Everybody!
I've read your posts on this site and I have to say that it seems to be the friendliest one that I've come across so far. Good people. :)
I'm currently a desktop computer tech that supports the B-2 (flying triangle) Bombers. I'm 44 a dad of 4 and stepdad of 2 and grandpa to 6 (soon to be 7) grandkids.

I found that I have a really bad spinal disease which is likely to put me into a wheelchair at some point, so I decided that I better work towards a job where I can do 90% of my work from home. I decided to move towards the webmaster - dev fields and started back to college because in that area, I have alot to learn. I do have three websites that I designed and maintain. They are nothing special yet. I'm learning something new every day and at some point, my knowledge will reach a point where I totally revamp my sites.

I have a 1970's Dodge Charger, love woodworking, and play EvE and WoW (very little lately). :(

I'm in an Intro to Java class right now along with HTML. I'm signed up for C# and CSS/XHTML next Fall. My brain is already smoking. I just hope that I can make it through this Java course. It's turning out to be much more difficult than I thought.

Later

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Welcome!

We are a friendly site indeed, and i wish you a warm welcome from myself and the rest of the staff.

By Java do you mean JSP (Java server pages, used for dynamic web pages) or JavaSE (desktop apps and web applets)?

Im learning both myself at the minute. By the way, if you want a good introduction to C#, the books by Microsoft Press (specifically "C# Step By Step") is good.

o have three websites that I designed and maintain. They are nothing special yet

Thats still good though. If you build up a good portfolio it looks good to clients.

Thanks for the welcome :) The course is simply called Introduction to Java and even though it might sound simple, I'm finding it pretty difficult. It's making me old before my time!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.