I decided to do a google search for linear intersections in python programming, after posting here: and came across this. I found it odd, cause I have never seen that page until just a bit ago and noticed that the post is identical to mine down to a type in the first part of the post. I was curious if that site was a back up to this one or something.

jephthah commented: yeah... im just gonna go ahead and call you out as a pathological liar, and a general all-around freak. -1
jbennet commented: you didnt deserve a neg rep for this +36

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Almost looks like someone is getting paid by to post and finds it easier to 'borrow' stuff of interest. Might be interesting to check out the rest of the site (me, nah - too lazy).

I might do just that. As for now its off to the land of ZZZZ's. Class at 9:15 AM EST and its 12:49 AM EST.

Strange !!!!

Ironically, this post was copied as well. The user who submitted this seems to have stolen most, if not all, of her posts from Daniweb. Even community introductions.

I sent a complaint to the site operators but since this user, and possibly the site, has stolen dozens or hundreds of posts (I recognized many of them but they could all be from here) from multiple Daniweb users I would ask somebody from the moderator team to send a message with a little more weight behind it.

I found it odd, that the post is identical to mine ...

i found it odd that you joined this forum within a week of the doppelganger at the other site having joined that forum. in other words, i see that you, "trav", joined here about a week after your twin poster "mind-y" joined the other site.

i also found it odd that your post on this site may well have been posted AFTER the post on the other site? they both appear to have been posted at around 10:30 PM GMT.

now i wonder why are you double posting stuff here, and at your other site, then bringing it to everyone's attention, and pretending to have uncovered a conspiracy?

do you have issues with creating fantasy worlds and making up imaginary friends?

commented: I think Troll made more sense than Bong. +0
commented: yes +18

I decided to do a google search for linear intersections in python programming, after posting here: and came across this. I found it odd, cause I have never seen that page until just a bit ago and noticed that the post is identical to mine down to a type in the first part of the post. I was curious if that site was a back up to this one or something.

Is it just coincidence that you (Trav580) and that site <SNIPPED> have something in common ? :)
Someone has a lot of free time, I suppose. Even this thread is copied!

Maybe it's the same person, maybe it's a bot, maybe it's a coincidence. People usually post most actively in a forum right after they join (and abusive accounts are short lived and quickly replaced), a lot of threads were copied. I'd say trav shouldn't be attacked until he's done something against this forums rules, and since even stealing posts would violate the other sites rules (not daniwebs) he/she deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But, as a warning, if you have been stealing posts and trying to swarm up attention for this other site the Daniweb community is very resourceful and very watchful of this sites reputation. As you've already seen, people notice little things that could hint at abuse.

Wow...Never thought asking a simple question out of pure curiosity would spark such a response. No I do not have an account on that other page, though I did notice the post times. No I do not have a problem with fantasy, that is why I play most of the games I play. I just thought I would ask about it.

commented: yeah, sorry about that. that accusation was wrong of me. +8

on further review, I believe I have falsely accused Trav580 of being the culprit.

i see now, that multiple posts have been copied, not just TRAV's, and that they all the posts seem to appear on the other site, about 30-60 minutes after they are posted on here.

TRAV580, I'm sorry for jumping to accuse you.

some of the surface details seemed coincidental, but now I see that you were just bringing this to Daniweb's attention.

commented: Way to go Jeph! +9

might be time for a Cease-and-Desist letter.

paging cscgal ...

That was sort of funny to read through, seeing all those post even the adult website for sale one that was here.

commented: trollbong +6

Thank you.

youre welcome, Trav, welcome to daniweb. first thing you should know is don't pay any attention to me.

i'm alternately Bong, Troll, or Me-Too. Narue is Jerk but at least she's right.

youre welcome, Trav, welcome to daniweb. first thing you should know is don't pay any attention to me.

i'm alternately Bong, Troll, or Me-Too. Narue is Jerk but at least she's right.

Self-knowledge is a wonderful thing but, but, (dang there is a joke in here somewhere but I am too lazy to look for it).

Actually you do pretty well for yourself jephthah.

Hmm i posted a link to this on the staff board so we will see what the higher-ups say...

I believe this has happened before but i dont know what, if anything, was done.

im still feeling bad about attacking poor Trav based on such slim circumstantial evidence. :(

its obvious now that he was just being helpful here.

Wow! That must be coincidence! But I don't get it. What is the point in copying threads ? Will that attract traffic in any way ?
One thing is for sure. This is going on since March 2009.

Here's a guy that was living on that forum

RSS
# Total Posts: 3,444
# Posts Per Day: 127.73
* Last Activity: 03-26-2009 03:03 PM
* Referrals: 0

Looks like their bookkeeping needs some updating...

he posted 3400 posts in one day.

yeah, their membership is obviously composed of bots.

There's something wrong with their forums, it just doesn't update activity dates right. It says everybodies last activity was their join date, but if you look at the threads some are more recent. BUT the user who original started this was a "power poster" or something after 255 posts, it's obviously not a well established forum.

i dont know wtf is up with that place. it looks horrible. combined with the blatant bot-plagiarism or whatever, i think someone ought to take it out.

surely we have some folks skilled in the arts of the black hats? the site is such a crappy design, im sure the security is lousy, too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.