hello everybody
I'm Deepak Singh,I'm a first year studsent of Bsc.IT and i'm having a lots of problem in solving C# and SQL programs. so I request that please give me a better guideline for the same.
at the same time I have also problems in my communication skills. I dont know its relavant problem for you all to sort out but if then please help me out
I will be really obliged to you all for the help

thanks

with regards.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

for the communication problems I am learning via
IELTS course youtube. I don't know wheter it is legal or illeagal,
but I'm not the one who uploaded it. Anyhow better thing is pay
money and get that IELTS pack. However they don't ship to my
country . so sorry :(.

for the C# and the sql , you can read a C# book and sql book and
then write your own project and when the problems comes you
can google and dig the threads. The answer is there @google most
of the time. Doing your own project is the only way. Otherwise you
know the theories but that theory will not help you in a job
interview. They are measuring how much you are experienced.

Get start it.

commented: good advice +6
commented: You're right. I would like your suggestions to ask the above question. You can watch it on Youtube, lots of great videos. Or study by phone on the IOS +0

In the problem of communication , well it depends , what is your
language family. Today a modern language is a very complex
thing. I'm a non native English speaker . but in the same language
family that contains the English. So as foreign languages I select to
learn Hindi and English . Both of them are members of language family that contains my native language ( sinhala).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-European_languages
However learning a foreign language is really difficult and really a
hard skill.But if you are in the same language family then it's little
bit easy if you have the encourage and enough time , but if want to
learn a language that member of a different family ( for me like Chineese , Japan ) then it's not always work.

just because you're in the same Indo-European linguistic family, doenst mean teh language is going to appear to be at all related. it's a HUGE group... :P

anyhow, good luck. English is a notoriously difficult language to learn due to the widespread borrowing of words, odd colloquialisms, and multiple exceptions to its own rules.

i think NicAx gave some solid advice in the first post.

since C# is microsoft, here will probably be the best place to start:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336766.aspx

ive found the O'Reilly books to be exeedingly helpful over the years. take a look at
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-C-3-0-Jesse-Liberty/dp/0596521065

just because you're in the same Indo-European linguistic family, doenst mean teh language is going to appear to be at all related. it's a HUGE group...

yes Hindi and English , I have started to learn since I'm in 5th grade.
so may that why I feel the difference.

However I found good material on the internet. youtube is a nice place.

Yes , there are no hard and fast rules in English words. So you
have to keep it one by one. That's a difference in English. And
the way that we( non native eng) pronounce is not the correct way either. and it never spell the same way it pronounce either you pronounce it correctly. That because English alphabet is not a complete set.only 26 letters incomplete. However my native language is 56 letters. may be that's why we always tries to
spell it as it pronounce. It's a bad habit. Many spelling mistakes are
there. One word of my native refers to sometime three words of
English. and it completely gone opposite when it another associativity rule overrides it.

however linguistic experts all around the world makes a big set of
rules to convert it as correct up to 98% but there is always 2%.
So the only right way to learn how to spell English is memorize one
by one.either you'll get difficult time when trying to remember those
all rules that only good for those linguistic geeks.

so I think the fast way to learn English as that IELTS girl says is
write it , speak it and read it.

ive found the O'Reilly books to be exeedingly helpful over the years. take a look at
http://www.amazon.com/Learning-C-3-0.../dp/0596521065

yes O'Reilly books are great. But not hard copies , And I never happy about violating the rules. Then I just pay for the hard copy
and still now using the illegally downloaded soft copy. I think that
book is weight than even me. So hard time in using physical books.
Even if they can give cheaper soft copies many ppl will not illegally
download like today. And the sad thing is they don't sell soft
copies for our country. :( so what to do ?

and I guess that there are no free books for the C# , but C++ yes
assembly yes. and linux kernel yes.
http://computer-books.us/
another US legal site , either I'm not US ,so don't ban me above
link is legal.

http://www.computer-books.us/sql_0003.php
That sql book is free. Try it out.

Thanks for the valuable path you showed to me but still a problem is haunting methat can i get a website or link or URL where i can give free online english test ,where i can learn how to speak good english
I went for an interview a couple of days back,so i wanted to know that what are the exact and most perfect answers of questions like;about yourself ,how to introduce yourself in front of HR ,how did you spend your last birthday...and many more.it was a BPO..
one more help i want from you all that I have no one to communicate with me in English so i need someone to talk to me in english online so is there any website for that?is it possible on Dani web itself i mean online chat.one more thing that i am new to this Daniweb family so i don't know much about it so please guide me how to use this website??please help me out.

thanks
with Regards

yeah, sorry, i dont know offhand where these sorts of resources are.

i think your written english is very good, by the way. to be honest, i would have thought it was your first language, by the way you write.

English so i need someone to talk to me in english online so is there any website for that?is it possible on Dani web itself i mean online chat.one more thing that i am new to this Daniweb family so i don't know much about it so please guide me how to use this website??please help me out.

you need to chat with the native English ppl ?
well what kind of chat ? there are options .

* use IRC chat , do it when you have a question or just need to
chat for fun. I think daniweb also have a IRC server. However
irc://irc.freenode.net is a best place with a lots of channels.you can use
##linux ,#C++ ,#assembly when you have a tech problem to share.
and a channel like #defocus to just chat for the fun. You need a IRC
chat client software or just use the http://mibbit.com for web based
IRC chat.

* I just usually chat with the ppl while I watching some films in
http://justin.tv/ you just need a myspace or account for that. ppl
there are glad to chat becos they are just in entertainment and
watching some films there.

* and make a facebook account and make some friends.

and it's good to have online friends only, and they can't and never
harm you like physical friends.Becos they are other side of the world
. about the physical friends I really nervous about them , because they just not leave it to me in my world.

Look i am no expert but if really want to improve your communication skills , you should work on your knowledge,the more you know about the subject the easier it would be to speak.trust me, that really will help.i am still working on it.and yes,you neednot use impressive words,just be confident.

commented: beauty of a first post :icon_rolleyes: -2
commented: beautiful first post :) +11

Look i am no expert but if really want to improve your communication skills , you should work on your knowledge

that's about the most insensitive, presumptuous, short-sighted, arrogant and prejudiced remark i've heard in probably... well ... probably a day or two.

i mean, the internet has desensitized me, but still.

stfu.

Yikes!what i meant was having a opinion on most topics under the sun will help a person to carry a conversation with anyone and everyone.by knowledge i implied general knowledge .i guess i could use a course on communication skills.to be honest this is the first times i have posted anything on net ,ever!!! sorry .i guess lack of exposure can do wonders to you.oh!by the way what does
"stfu"mean?if it is something abusive , spare me,kindly.

yeah... email is easy to misinterpret, what with the whole lack of non-verbal context and stuff.

we should both take a lesson from that, you and I.

You know,for someone who wrote a list of not so pleasent sounding words ,i expected a little better than just "y e a h",like i take back my words or somethingor does that make you sensitive?

um, i was just saying, i thought your post sounded biased as if non english speakers were stupid, and if they just learned some more things, they would magically speak better.

but youve explained that you didnt mean it the way it sounded.

as for me, i'm way over sensitive sometimes and i think i need to adjust my meds. or cut back on caffeine. or have more sex. or something.

sorry for being a jerk. ok?

i think i need to adjust my meds. or cut back on caffeine. or have more sex. or something.

At least work backward through that list - you may as well start with the best option :icon_cheesygrin:

Dude,i also wrote that i was working on it myself ,wouldn't that imply that i am stupid as well?anyways, apology accepted . am just curious,how did u u manage to come up with the list of endearing qualities on such a short notice( just kidding!).
and yeah...sorry to have across as a short sighted,arrogant,prejudiced and whatnot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.