i didnt know that daniweb.com had an alias as techtalkforums.com

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

This site started as techtalkforums.com before it was renamed to daniweb.

you started techtalkforums or you took over it as daniweb?

I started techtalkforums.

then later on your ego took place to name the site as "Dani" ?:)
what is the motivation behind naming the website as DaniWeb?

Also i learned that Horowitz is jewish originated name, are you jewish? And where did your ancestors come from?

commented: This has nothing to do with your question to Dani. +0

I learned Sendur is an azerbaijani-originated name, are you azerbaijani? So where did your ancestors come from?

commented: this has nothing to do with my question to Dani +0
commented: It sure is funny though. +6

I learned Sendur is an azerbaijani-originated name, are you azerbaijani? So where did your ancestors come from?

i dont know the origin of that name but probably it is pure turkish because sen(this actually starts with another letter which does not exist in english alphabet) means happy in turkish and then dur means stay, which together mean stay happy. my ancestors.. i cant trace back to so long but my father and mother are both turkish.

Well I guess if you're Turkish then you can't be blamed for inheriting some of its stalker culture.

commented: aha +8

Well I guess if you're Turkish then you can't be blamed for inheriting some of its stalker culture.

correct :)

Also dont forget i stalk only one person, i am a faithful, loyal stalker..

commented: why don't you go play with yourself and stay the hell away from these forums -4

Also i learned that Horowitz is jewish originated name, are you jewish? And where did your ancestors come from?

So you are a sexist and a racists along with being some sort of stalker? It could be that you are just too socially inept to understand the the difference between healthy interest and unhealthy interest. Maybe, just maybe you should go away.

Just my opinion (and that only counts for me) - maybe I have been reading too many right wing sites and am beginning to see prejudice everywhere but you don't say anything except that you 'learned' something about the name. If you had said something like "the name Horowitz is interesting in that it is derived from the Bohemian city of Horvice
in the Czech Republic and is a common family name for Jews and people of Jewish descent, what can you tell me about your name?" I just might think that you were just interested in names.

But not you, you had to ask, 'you a jew?' 'I heard that was a jew name'.

So if I offended anyone or am off-base, please tell me.

commented: Absolutely right on :) +36
commented: Nice one +16

If this turns into another "I love you Dani" thread, I swear I will ban you! (not really, but I'd like to).

i dont see any difference between asking the questions that you provide and basically asking are you jewish.
there is nothing to be offended here. if someone asks if i am turkish, i basically say yes. i think jews themselves are interesting, they are smart.. i am not racist or sexist anway.

If this turns into another "I love you Dani" thread, I swear I will ban you! (not really, but I'd like to).

As i stated above, my "i love you" thing is only valid for one individual, and everybody knows who she is.
if i wonder Dani as an individual that is because i respect her successful professional life. that is it. but i also claim that knowing individuals in detail is good. So, opposing ideas are welcomed.

what is silgrian dude, i checked the dictionary, couldnt find any definition.

As i stated above, my "i love you" thing is only valid for one individual, and everybody knows who she is.

This isn't a nice thing to say, especially when that someone has announced her discomfort with such stuff. I don't believe much in casting people in religious moulds anyway so I won't be talking about religions, but respecting other people's feelings is something that I guess comes under the one religion we all belong to - humanity.

I love reading some of the threads started by you Serkan, sometimes when I get dizziness out of work I like reading your posts, they lighten up the mood. I also support the thought that a little bit of joking and kidding around, healthy arguments and debates only nurtures relations and brings out good knowledge. But I suggest that one should know where to draw the line, and where to call it quits, and please make sure you don't step on other people's feet here.

This isn't a nice thing to say, especially when that someone has announced her discomfort with such stuff. I don't believe much in casting people in religious moulds anyway so I won't be talking about religions, but respecting other people's feelings is something that I guess is common to one religion we all belong to - humanity.

I love reading some of the threads started by you Serkan, sometimes when I get dizziness out of work I like reading your posts, they lighten up the mood. I also support the thought a little bit of joking and kidding around, healthy arguments and debates only nurtures relations and brings out good knowledge. But I suggest that one should know where to draw the line, and where to end it, especially if you know someone isn't comfortable with it.
Please don't step on other people's feet here.

Thank you for your understanding and support but this should be clear. I dont see Narue as an instance, i see her as a class. I dont want her, i want someone like her, but as soon as someone understands that my perception of her is like "someone", they quit the relation saying that they dont feel unique; they are not!! i dont think i am unique either, i dont seek for uniqueness. All i care about a relationship is the things i can do together, and what i can share.
Anyway after i post my feelings about our Narue class, i saw that i am not the only one in my feelings. Other posters said they have also affections towards her and such. So you know what i want? i want to hear a logical explanation from Narue, explaining why guys like me seek for such mates and the number of them is so less? Why beauty is the enemy of intelligence for the most time? i spent a great amount of time approaching those beautiful girls and seeking to be understood but all my trials were wasted. Anyway here it is 6:25 am and i am doing a class presentation. But finally i agree with onething, i may cause some discomfort to her. But whenever she posts anything i cant control myself, believe me it is hard to stop myself from displaying some affection to her. i think i am in love.. anyway in order not to annoy you guys, i promise here, with my own words, from now on, Narue is just another poster for me, i am not going to mention her, i am not going to PM her saying that Dilettante chocolates reminds me of her because i tent to associate every quality thing with her.. ok you will see that i am a person who keeps his promisses. i promise here, i apologize from you all.

OK, thanks for finally getting the point. BTW, this thread is going down on grounds that it might again turn into a "hail narue" chant by Serkan and for going a bit too off-topic.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.