Hey guys, I need your help with a very important matter. I'm starting a band with some of my friends from high school and we are odds in selecting a name for the band. My friend Ed wants the name to be Chicken N' Lamb (don't ask) while my brother Pete wants the name to be MILK( acronym for My Intelligence lacks knowledge ---- this was before the Sean Penn movie was released). If the esteemed members of DaniWeb could provide me with some unique and interesting band names I would be forever grateful. Thanks.

ahihihi... commented: MILK?.. nice meaning :twisted: +1

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

How about an expansion of your username itself - Green Extreme, it would do more than just cause a stir especially in these days of Global Warming concerns.

What say ?

commented: Great suggestion. Thanks. +1
commented: Good one there lol... +3
commented: :) +1

How about your an expansion of your username itself - Green Extreme, it would do more than just cause a stir especially in these days of Global Warming concerns.

What say ?

Hey that's not bad at all. It's catchy and has deeper meaning. I will definitely suggest that one to the rest of the band. Thanks!

Perhaps a name not referring to food or drink. :P I've got an terrible imagination when it comes to thinking up names, though once (during my work experience) I had to drink up several names for a game brief, and resorted to making a random name generator which places vowels and consonants in the right places to make a name which is sayable. :D If you want an acronym though, you could think up some words and try them in this.

I like the idea for Green Extreme too, sounds good.

Perhaps a name not referring to food or drink. :P
I like the idea for Green Extreme too, sounds good.

LOL. Yeah I also noticed that our names focus on food and drink. I personally don't like acronyms. Thanks for your link and reply.

You might want to listen to the old Jello Biafra routine "Names For Bands" to get yourself rolling down some hilarious verbal alleyways. Jello suggests things like "The Ku Klux Flintstones," and "Video Sex Pope."

I'm mostly serious about this ... it might be a good listen to get your creative side going. Or at least for a laugh. :)

You might want to listen to the old Jello Biafra routine "Names For Bands" to get yourself rolling down some hilarious verbal alleyways.

We are not really looking for anything that explicit but I will definitely take your suggestion. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah ... it's mostly that I have always found laughter freeing, e.g. it frees up creativity. :p

I like "Sailbad and the Sinners".

Buttered Cheese
Excrement Nocturnal Copulation
Broken Shit Waves
Zombie Ant
Zombie Roach
Roach Clip
Smoking Coach
Load and Kill
Because
Higgins
Growing Green
Screaming Foliage
Somedudeovertherecertainlynothere
1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,5,6-tetrahydropyridine
et al.

Well my first thought to this thread was Reflex-i-on (reflection) and then I thought Soul Rockers.But ya the idea of Green extreme is good.

@OP : How didn't you come up with the name Green Extreme your login name sounds the same right ??? "Grn Xtrm"....;)

@OP : How didn't you come up with the name Green Extreme your login name sounds the same right ??? "Grn Xtrm"....;)

Grn Xtrm is short for Green Extreme. I just never thought to use it for a band name.

Thanks to all who have replied to this thread. I regret to inform you all that my friends lacked any sense of dedication to the band and have already given up. I will continue to play on my own until I am able to find more dedicated bandmates. If there is anyone who lives close to the Bronx, New York,and is a dedicated musician please let me know. Thanks again to everyone who spent time to read and reply to this thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.