guys, i want to make my guitar sound like Marty Friedman's soft electric guitar tone, what should i do?
currently i dont even have an electric guitar, but i plan to buy one.
in most of his videos he plays Jackson. i am not good at sound equipment. what kind of equipment do i need to get the sound like in "Forbidden City". I listen to Forbidden city 20 times a day, 365 days a year, each year since 89 :) but i still like that song.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Chorus, reverb, delay, overdrive, couple distortions(smooth fuzz for one might be good).
Although all the distortion for him is taken care of by the amp, unless you're like me with just an old no-thrills 10watt 6" practice amp.

i need more precise info like; go grab this brand this model and this guitar, then you are good to go...

I think he uses an Engl Powerball amp head. If you want to know the guitar, watch the videos of him playing.
Not that it matters what equipment you use, if you can't even execute the proper technique. Do it on an acoustic if you want.

i try it with acoustic too, the problem is you cant bend properly. and also notes does not sound long enough.

i need more precise info like; go grab this brand this model and this guitar, then you are good to go...

It's just not that simple. There is a wide variety of amps with a wide variety of different sounds and settings. Add in effect pedals/boards such as those that Mosaic mentioned above and the subtleties of effect become quite numerous and it's not uncommon for different effects/settings to be used at certain points in a particular piece of music. That said, you can often get fairly close with the settings available on many reasonably priced amplifiers and perhaps a pedal or two (chorus is nice sometimes).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.