I get only Java,J2EE,.NET job requirements these days , just wondering how C/C++ jobs have vanished from it job market .
Are you also observing the same in your country ?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I have seen a job ad for an MFC programmer , I don't know why they still using the old technologies ? However it's sure that things can be done very easily using C# like things. But there are still places where can't.

and in the opensource software markert C/C++ is the main language.In the mac world it's Cocoa , windows world mostly C#.net and web
world PHP , java , mysql like so.In the opensolaris world it's java and C++.In the embedded markert it's truely C++ but mobil markert
it's java (j2me).

my country is still new to the IT , so there are still jobs for C++.
But here also for sure the job markert is vanishing.However I decided to move to little bit Hi-tech citia for complete my
higher education after BSC.

and I think the big companies like google are hiring ppl C++ and python. They rarely use java and .net inside the company.sure they
developed parallel web applications using python.I think their main
CGI programming language is python. and also google hiring the
computer architects these days , I don't know what is the reason.

Inside the SUN they use C++ than java no matter what they show outside. we see that their research projects like lively kernel are
written using C++ and javascript.

I agree with you there are different programming languages and they support different set of API's . to learn a programming language and a set of API you get at least 4 years of time form
you'r life time. However I'm still learning win32 since 2004 at that time win64 is introduced but the good news is win64 is using the
same things( names and data types ) as the win32.So for me it never be a waste. and in the express edition they remove MFC and
let programmers to use directly win32.

and microsoft newest version still have a C++/CLI. a modified C++.
I think most game industry is moved to the C++/CLI these days.so
there is also an open field for C++/CLI.and learning the .Net version of C++ GUI libraries is easy and well structured then old win32 and MFC.

True agree with you. the market for the C++ in the windows world
discreases. It's like this , Apple introduced the Cocoa and Objective C but in the mac world there are still good demand for the native C++ programmers.

and C++ is more than 20 years old now. java and .Net are still new.
since the last 20 years java or .Net is not the only challenge for the
C++ world , but C++ still demanded. If we see the statics the C++ still wins. C++ is too old , and if experienced then it's the most better.

There's allot of C# and embedded development jobs, some C++ ones. But for the C++ ones you need a CS degree, 3-5+++++++ years experience, and a couple-dozen other weird requirements.

Google uses C++ for speed of execution and Python for speed of development. They make a good pair.

Google uses C++ for speed of execution and Python for speed of development. They make a good pair.

nop , http://www.py2exe.org/ you can speed up the python too.
and C++ is easy than python for some developers.

Is there anything related to cloud computing or pareall computing
with python. However hope C++0x will address these gaps too.

There is always room for young C/C++ programmers, as the old ones forget how to do it.

There is always room for young C/C++ programmers, as the old ones forget how to do it.

What are old C/C++ programmers supposed to do then ? :(

Learn Python ;)

Learn Python ;)

are you serious ????

hmm I think until the computers be able to think C++ will have a good
job markert. But the problem is after the computers be able to think
every programmer had to go home. :( .

Do you think that a company will love you and keep you paying if they can do it with uising a computer ?

Computerization increases the computer programming and software engineering related job markert by taking other's jobs. But now very soon it will be going to happen to them.

Learn Python ;)

I guess learning PHP is better since at least there are many freelance PHP jobs.

are you serious ????

Yes. If it weren't for Python I wouldn't have the job I have today

Get involved in politics, that takes little brain power.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.