Just look at your keyboard and see which key is blurred most , mine
in Ctrl key :D

scru commented: useless -1
Narue commented: Geeks' Lounge doesn't have to be useful. +36

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Haha, interesting. Mine are all pristine as I just got a new keyboard but I'll keep watching!

Lol , My Enter/Return key is currently broken. So i got used to pressing the Enter key at the Number Panel.

Spacebar is most used in my computer.Poor thing gets all my trashing (only key with two finger access).Both my thumbs just pounce on it.;)

Unused key : Default windows key !!! :)

"Enter" key for me. I don't think it's because I use it so much, but I just use it more exuberantly. Every time I hit it, I crash down on it like "There, I'm DONE!".

commented: Eggjactly my case !!! +9

>Just look at your keyboard and see which key is blurred most
My keyboard is too new to have that kind of wear yet, but on my old keyboard D and J were the blank ones, with Enter, period, and semicolon coming a close second.

I do have a key that is unused as yet on my keyboard, the Eject Seat key, it's next to the Escape key. I've attached a photo...

I wonder how long you've been waiting to attach that image to a post. :icon_rolleyes:

I do have a key that is unused as yet on my keyboard, the Eject Seat key, it's next to the Escape key. I've attached a photo...[ATTACH]10364[/ATTACH]

Nice try but that is not a key.

I wonder how long you've been waiting to attach that image to a post. :icon_rolleyes:

Hehe, sorry, someone got it for Christmas for me so when I saw this thread I couldn't resist :$

mine is probably the space bar, since I always use it to press space...other than that. Probably A...

My most blurred key is the Caps-Lock, probably caused by a thick layer of dust that's built up over the years :P My most used key (and cleanest) is probably the space bar, seems logical as you use it at the end of almost every word.

my most abused key on this laptop is F4. Dunno why, but it got all jammed up, and i had to rip the thing out. and i've since found that laptop keys are damn near impossible to replace. :(

on my work keyboard, theres a layer of film/crud/mold/i-dont-know-what built up on my CAPS LOCK key. it's quite disgusting. i dont know what it is or how it got there, because i never use CAPS LOCK. i really should clean it off... it's pretty gross.

u5+8 @ / and the last ()

The { and } keys.

left control, right shift, and space bar seem to be the most beaten up on the one keyboard I have that's seen enough use to show wear (it's only about 7 or 8 years old.)

mine is probably the space bar, since I always use it to press space......

Yeah, but we use space bar key to press delete.

Me a Emacs user: What can you expect. The left control key.
There is nothing written on it.
Space has gotten much older but there was nothing written on it so it make no difference.
Labels on S,D,K,L,E,N,M, have completely vanished.
Return key has suffered.

The most interesting condition is of the Shift key:
The last [TEX]t[/TEX] has got completely erased. There is a scratch on [TEX]f[/TEX] which appears as [TEX]t[/TEX]. There is a up arrow sign too. So the key becomes:
[tex]\triangle Shit[/tex]

My keyboard also have a key with windows logo which is perfectly new. Also, th "Wake Up" "Sleep"and "Power" keys are shining bright.

I guess I should change my K/B

The { and } keys.

Would you mind sharing reason for using { } so frequently ?

Would you mind sharing reason for using { } so frequently ?

Most probably used most when programming, though really the most used key for everybody should be the space bar or one of the more common keys.

The { and } keys.

Hmm, maybe you inherited the keyboard from a Pascal, Java, C#, C or C++ programmer. My first intro to the {} pair was with Pascal comments.

On my own keyboard it must be the space bar. Any lettering is totally worn off! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.