please vote for your favourite browser.

Recommended Answers

All 144 Replies

Actually I use both IE8 and FF

commented: blasphemer! -2
commented: ... +6

FireFox by default. IE7 when something absolutely demands it.

commented: NO! refuse to play those IE-only shenanigans -2
commented: ... +6

wtf?

where is Lynx?

commented: I don't even mind people using IE in general, but if it's IE6 then we'd have a problem. +6

wtf?

where is Lynx?

No thanks.

An entity I bought from the little man in the fridge. I simply inject It into my eyes and I can use the internet from my mind.

Firefox all the way.

Fire Fox !!! Wooo !!! But also Chrome as GOOGLE is involved .... :)

Firefox and K-Meleon for when I need a faster-lightweight browser for really quick tasks, for my computer is very slow

Firefox and also google chrome..............

FF3.
But I also have a VM which runs win98 (yes, for old school games that don't like 4 cores) and I run Sea-monkey on it. It has almost all the things I like with FF (adblock, PW-manager etc) but it runs a bit lighter. And FF won't install on win98 :(

The United States Air Force REQUIRES all its computers to use Microsoft IE. Firefox is not even allowed to be installed on its computers except on developer's computers who are writing web apps for the general public to see and use.

wtf?

where is Lynx?

What is Lynx?

thanks guyz for ur vote... actually i m very disappointed by safari results ..cool browser..better than IE ..:) common guyz somebody vote 4 safari lol..anywayz happy with firefox results..it deserves to b in no1 spot.

"FireFox Winning the race........."
:)

I prefer IE7 but I use firefox sometimes too.

Firefox, because of it's broad support for plugins :)

Firefox all the way.

I agree, IE is out of date and it doesn't have all good functions, and not soo many add-ons either...

Using Firefox,and using it from long time
there have some good features and also so helpful

Both IE and Firefox.

commented: traitor -2

But also Chrome as GOOGLE is involved

google is evil.

The United States Air Force REQUIRES all its computers to use Microsoft IE. Firefox is not even allowed to be installed on its computers except on developer's computers who are writing web apps for the general public to see and use.

Thats what i would hope. Government computers generally dont run uncertified software (or, in some cases, any third party software at all) for fear of invalidating thier (expensive) support agreements.

Also, IE can be locked down selectively using group policy/Active directory very easialy which makes a lot of sense on a defence network.

And the ads for IE are so er, gross

Firefox 3!
I just can't stand IE for the issues I get with it when writing stuff for the web. It always happens that IE buggers up something by implementing it in a non-standard way, which always complicates things.
And for this reason, I shall never show it any love :P

I said earlier I use IE for things that demand it - recently found I don't even need it to get Windows updates - that link works through FireFox. Didn't use to. How nice!

Still, have to have IE 6,7, and 8 handy to check web pages I create. IE does really screw up some of the formatting, especially CSS. And I'm not even doing anything particularly fancy or taxing.

Any feedback on FF 3.5 yet? Haven't upgraded any boxes to that one yet.

AJAX seems to work better on it (i think due to the improved and faster JavaScript engine)

I am using Firefox, of course. I find easy to use, it is a fast and secure browser with lots of options.

Chrome for the win. So fast and light.

One more vote to Firefox...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.