FireFox is King!! It would take about 5 times longer to do my job if it wasn't for Firebug (the plugin, if you've never heard of it check it out!!)

But due to the resounding majority of pc users sticking with the stock standard IE, my boss requires me to re-check all my work in that fetid pair of dingo's kidneys

jephthah commented: bloody wankers! :) +12
shadwickman commented: Fetid pair of dingo's kidneys! Haha :P And Firebug is truly amazing eh? +4

The last update of MS IE did me in, after it fooled around with my 'favorite folders'. I am now a very happy Firefox user.

commented: Firefox FTW!! +12

Been using Firefox since v0.7, but still have to use IE on the rarest of occasions

telnet

Someone's trying to be hardcore.

The Links browser is pretty hardcore.

Nothing to see here...moving on.

commented: And you wanted let us know this? Your post doesn't make any sense! -3
commented: such an obvious troll -1

Epiphany (gecko) with plugins, bascly a smaller firefox. It works great with the aspire one! :)

I am using firefox. I really like its performance. I just love to use it.

whoa firefox 4 my vote :D

whoa firefox 4 my vote :D

Have been trying to find a non-dodgy DL link for that one... can you post a source??

Have been trying to find a non-dodgy DL link for that one... can you post a source??

Um... firefox is available from the official site. Unless you thought he meant "firefox 4", in which case that's not even coming out this year.

If he does mean Firefox 4, then you could always build Minefield from thier SVN if you want a snapshot of what it may end up being like. However, FF4 per-se doesnt exist right now, its just mockups, and wont be released for somet time as work on mozilla 2 is still in the very early stages.

Um... firefox is available from the official site. Unless you thought he meant "firefox 4", in which case that's not even coming out this year.

Was referring to Firefox 4.0 (which would likely be an Alpha release at present). Not looking to replace 3.5 at this point, but have heard of a few new features and wanted to have a peek at where things currently stand in the development for curiosity's sake.

@Jbennet - from memory, Minefield is a 3.6 build line at present

"Was referring to Firefox 4.0 (which would likely be an Alpha release at present)"

It doesnt exist yet, its just some interface mockups and some design documentation.

The current Head version (Minefield) is a snapshot of what will eventually become version 3.6 (an alpha for this got released like last month)

FF4 wont come out for a few years anyway, i guess ff 3.6 will be ready maybe like this october (ish) as a rough guess, going by thier roadmap and track record, and they have commited on thier mail list to be planning on releasing at leat another revision of the 3.x family (ff 3.7) in about a years time.

FF4 wont come out for a few years anyway, i guess ff 3.6 will be ready maybe like this october (ish) as a rough guess, going by thier roadmap and track record, and they have commited on thier mail list to be planning on releasing at leat another revision of the 3.x family (ff 3.7) in about a years time.

OK - this seems a little strange as they seem to go from *.0 to *.5 major releases on a 6-10 month release cycle (depending on both the development period and the RC release phase). Would be a little bewildered if they suddenly threw a 3.6 or 3.7 release out there as a "official" release.

wtf?

where is Lynx?

Lynx is a good web browser , it's the best web browser in VGA text mode. But when I browse with Lynx into the facebook it tells me that
we are not smarter to support youre browser.

And lynx isn't a dead project, it's alive , so it's good in security cos
it's too old.

Anyway , IE and Firefox may be good but I'm now using and promoting a browser ( free browser ) that completely written in
assembly language. I'm proud to be in the same city ( colombo )who is the author of this browser is also from.

here try it .
http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94327
sorry about cross posting , but some info is there too.
here is the direct link ,
http://www.mediafire.com/?hncmmyvdn2f

it's free and leagal under the authors license.

I experienced it somewhat faster than IE and Firefox cos it's written entirely on the assembly language.

Firefox rocks!!

As an end-user, I vote for Opera, because it's lightweight and full-featured. Very convenient to use.

Be honest, compare opera and FF directly without any extension/plugin.

As a developer, I vote for FF as there are so many extensions that will make my life easier, such as firebug and web developer toolbar.

I experienced it somewhat faster than IE and Firefox cos it's written entirely on the assembly language.

Assembly is only faster than other programming languages (such a C/C++), if the programmer has the ability to optimize the code better than the C/C++ compiler, and recent compilers do this very well, so it's difficult to match the speed of C/C++ using assembly.

As an end-user, I vote for Opera, because it's lightweight and full-featured. Very convenient to use.

Sorry, but after the witch-hunt they instigated over MS's bundling of IE (like that ever stopped anyone from DL'ing and installing an alternative browser!)... which never served to benefit anyone (especially not the end-user in the EU) but themselves.

NB: note that the installed browser in all Wii's is Opera - with NO choice to install alternate browser. Maybe MS should go after Nintendo for their browser-bundling ?!?!

Regardless of that, FF can not compare with Opera. I have both on my PC and the only time FF is used is when my daughter uses it.
I really do not understand the attraction to FF when there is almost everything you need, built into Opera.

Regardless of that, FF can not compare with Opera. I have both on my PC and the only time FF is used is when my daughter uses it.
I really do not understand the attraction to FF when there is almost everything you need, built into Opera.

But that is exactly what I don't like about Opera... the fact that someone else has decided for me what I do and don't need in my browser. I don't want my browser to have in-built email client (exactly why I never used to Mozilla browser, or SeaMonkey), I don't want the DL manager to take up an entire tab (which I can't close without cancelling all my DL's), or become my default bittorrent client. I like the fact that FF comes to me much more simplified, and then I can add what extras suit me

The other thing that completely turned me off Opera (also used to have both Opera and FF installed) was the snobbish attitude which oozed out of the development pool and into the fanboi-club, who conveniently forgot that Opera was a paid-for browser until FF wiped out most of its market share. Apart from the fact that this is so reminiscent of Apple Corp and their fanboi's, I choose a browser by what works best for me, not to join some elitist club.

Now FF cuz I'm on Live CD of Maryan Linux (hdd died), but whatever OS I used, must install Opera, cuz it's the best (fastest and most secure). Flock is also interesting...

But that is exactly what I don't like about Opera... the fact that someone else has decided for me what I do and don't need in my browser. I don't want my browser to have in-built email client (exactly why I never used to Mozilla browser, or SeaMonkey), I don't want the DL manager to take up an entire tab (which I can't close without cancelling all my DL's), or become my default bittorrent client. I like the fact that FF comes to me much more simplified, and then I can add what extras suit me

The other thing that completely turned me off Opera (also used to have both Opera and FF installed) was the snobbish attitude which oozed out of the development pool and into the fanboi-club, who conveniently forgot that Opera was a paid-for browser until FF wiped out most of its market share. Apart from the fact that this is so reminiscent of Apple Corp and their fanboi's, I choose a browser by what works best for me, not to join some elitist club.

I am sure that you have other software on your pc that you do not use every feature that it has available.
Don't want the email client? Simple. Do not activate it.
Whilst I may agree with you on some of the staff at Opera, that should not reflect on a very good browser.

I have the internet explorer and firefox both, and use them for different purposes.

Though Google Chrome is the fastest browser and very good for slow connections but because of security purpose I prefer Firefox on any other browser.

Hello Everyone,
My favourite browser is Firefox and I use it as my primary browser and it works flawlessly on 99% of web sites I visit.
Tab browsing in set up well, download,, theme and extension management features are great.

Although I use all of them (PC & MAC) to test webpages in, I usually can be found in Firefox. On PC it is very stable and have a few geek friendly plugins I really like (Google preview, Ad block, and flagfox)

It also has a neat spell checker built in :)

Firefox rocks!!

I find that Firefox, IE, Safari and Crome allways crash on me every day. However when I tried Opera it was the only free browser I could find that would not crash after a few hours of browsing the internet. Why? Because I always have 15 to 25 tabs open all at the same time and in most browsers that just overloads the memory. So Opera is the best as it never crashes unlike all those other browsers. But haven't tried Netscape though but thought it was an extinct species.

Mainly FF 3.5 but also use IE8 a lot.

Never tried other ones.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.