I can see the resul that most people choose firefix just like me!

I use both FF and IE.

I have totally switched to Mozilla Firefox. I really like the user interface.

I have totally switched to Mozilla Firefox. I really like the user interface.

And Greasemonkey :D

Best extension ever.

Did ya here in the news that Opera is now the worlds fastest browser. Even beats Crome. Opera sure is the one true browser because it is the only one which doesn't crash after the bug in mosaic which all other browsers are based on.

Opera has been the best and fastest browser around for quite a while now. It is only the FF fanboi's who deny it :D.

A lot of the add-ons that you need for FF though are built-in to opera :).

I use Ad-Block, NoScript, Greasemonkey, Firebug and some cookie management/editing addon.

When Greasemonkey like support is in Opera I will seriously consider switching :)

Like this?

That I didn't know about :)

I will have a look now to see if it is any good.

I am really getting tired or having FF open for a couple of hours and finding it is eating + of 500MB of RAM.

Firefox FTW. Although I'm having second thoughts now. Its really slowing down my system of late.

Mostly FFox. Once in a while Opera. IE only when I have to (maybe 3x a year)

telnet

Telnet is not a browser. It is a protocol that can be used within a browser.

What is Lynx?

Lynx is a text only browser. There is also Links2 and eLinks. I have used it on Linux machines.

For Windows, I use Firefox 3.5 and Google Chrome on Ubuntu 9.10, though I have given Opera a try. I think the browser is bloated in that it has a lot of cool features that the user may never use.

Current list of Firefox add-ons:
AdBlock Plus
Download StatusBar
Open Tab Count
Personas
Search Tab

though I have given Opera a try. I think the browser is bloated in that it has a lot of cool features that the user may never use.

Opera ain't bloated and if anything Firefox is bloated with all its bugs.

Opera ain't bloated and if anything Firefox is bloated with all its bugs.

Firefox is bloated? I have rarely encountered any issues with the browser. What bugs do you speak of?

Firefox is bloated? I have rarely encountered any issues with the browser. What bugs do you speak of?

Well there are memory bugs where if you have 30 tabs with the double row tabs extension and keep on changing the pages in each tab then the browser crashes. Opera is the only one which doesn't crash when doing that which I do on a daily basis. Then there is some extensions that are incompatible with each other and cause the browser to crash when both loaded. That's 2 bugs... And Firefox tends to hog a lot of ram for what it does. I guess you could call that one a feature ;)

Well there are memory bugs where if you have 30 tabs with the double row tabs extension and keep on changing the pages in each tab then the browser crashes. Opera is the only one which doesn't crash when doing that which I do on a daily basis. Then there is some extensions that are incompatible with each other and cause the browser to crash when both loaded. That's 2 bugs... And Firefox tends to hog a lot of ram for what it does. I guess you could call that one a feature ;)

I would not say that is a bug with Firefox, that is related to any extensions that you load in the browser. As for the browser itself, I'm not aware of any bugs that warrant not using it.

Firefox has always used a lot of RAM, but that is not a bug and they have been improving on that with every release. The issue comes when you have 30 or so extensions that Firefox has to load into memory.

I would not say that is a bug with Firefox, that is related to any extensions that you load in the browser. As for the browser itself, I'm not aware of any bugs that warrant not using it.

Firefox has always used a lot of RAM, but that is not a bug and they have been improving on that with every release. The issue comes when you have 30 or so extensions that Firefox has to load into memory.

When I tried firefox I only had about 6 extensions. But 30 tabs max were open at any one time. Even without the multi tab row extension firefox still crashes. It is all because firefox is based on mosaic code and mosaic code had a memory limit bug. So that has doomed all browsers based on mosaic code which is basically all browsers except Opera. Anyways back on topic my favorite browser is Opera due to the memory flexibility.

To me, being the best means much more than being lean and mean, so yeah, it's Firefox for me; can't beat those add-ons. :-)

Member Avatar for diafol

Chrome for general browsing. It's so lean and the toolbar doesn't take up the whole screen. Loads quickly. Problem - stable version doesn't support extensions, so had to go back to the beta.

Used to use FF - and agree - extensions are amazing. Problem - takes aeons to load, so I don't bother any more unless I need to use the developer tools extension.

Also use:
Safari for big downloads. IE7 for use with "Internet Download Manager" (video ripping etc). Opera for compatibility testing.

I use IE mostly, FF occasionally (usually just to test something). IE meets my needs.

firefox is the best! specially in web development! because of it's cool add-ons like firebug. can't live without it.

firefox is the best and number 1.
http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/

Firefox sux IMO. Mozilla 1.8 took 4 times longer to load then Opera 6.03. Those figures show that Opera is the fastest browser on the planet. It is said that Opera 10 is even faster than opera 9 and opera 9 was already the fastest in most areas. So if you want speed and reliability then choose Opera. If your after slow gadgets then choose firefox. Looks like most people prefer the slow gadgets.

Since I got my new laptop, I've been using Chrome because it is pretty lean and maximizes the usable area (my resolution is 1366 x 768). It's faster than FF and most of the time, I don't need the FF plugins.

I used to use Firefox previously now I like the lightweight Google Chrome. But it is true that firefox has some best add-ons xmarks,download manager and Adblock plus so in my opinon yes it is the best one around.

Also I have noticed while developing web apps that IE produces some of the best rendered pages with great texture, buttons etc and the entire page sort of takes a new life so that if i am giving a demostration of some web app we created with gr8 themes, looknfeel etc I would prefer IE over firefox.

I used to use Firefox previously now I like the lightweight Google Chrome. But it is true that firefox has some best add-ons xmarks,download manager and Adblock plus so in my opinon yes it is the best one around.

Also I will add on top of that it is possible to use the Firefox adblock on Opera simply by exporting it's block list as a .txt file and add those blocked url matches (with wild cards being * ) into Operas url blocking system. And of course you can make exceptions so that the ads on your favourate sites (eg. daniweb) can still appear at your option. To do that simply delete certain entries.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.