Also I will add on top of that it is possible to use the Firefox adblock on Opera simply by exporting it's block list as a .txt file and add those blocked url matches (with wild cards being * ) into Operas url blocking system. And of course you can make exceptions so that the ads on your favourate sites (eg. daniweb) can still appear at your option. To do that simply delete certain entries.

ooor, you could just use firefox

~s.o.s~ commented: Haha, bingo! :-) +0

Firefox sux IMO. Mozilla 1.8 took 4 times longer to load then Opera 6.03. Those figures show that Opera is the fastest browser on the planet. It is said that Opera 10 is even faster than opera 9 and opera 9 was already the fastest in most areas. So if you want speed and reliability then choose Opera. If your after slow gadgets then choose firefox. Looks like most people prefer the slow gadgets.

i dont care if opera is faster... you know nobody cares right? hehe...you just can't just beat mozilla firefox add-on. It's the best specially from a web developer. Just look at the rating dude, your opera is eating dust! ahahaha

i dont care if opera is faster... you know nobody cares right? hehe...you just can't just beat mozilla firefox add-on. It's the best specially from a web developer. Just look at the rating dude, your opera is eating dust! ahahaha

What can I say? Simple minds like simple things :D

Member Avatar for diafol

To add - chrome (backward beta version supporting extensions) has an IE view extension - no need for me to sell my soul and open the Devil's own any more.

//Stats

Interesting that developers/daniweb members favour FF/Chrome and IE almost on a par with Opera. Shame the news hasn't got out to the general public -perhaps when IE lose a 'substantial' share of the global market, they may actually build a standards-compliant browser that will not be a release behind every other major browser. Saying that, anybody still using IE6? Coding CSS for that defies all logic.

fast? how fast? microseconds? i dont care how fast it is. firefox speed is fast enough. it doesnt seem slow. maybe it dependent on the users computer speed. but to me, the speed of browsing experience in firefox is enough to satisfy my needs. and i dont think those add-ons are simple. they rocks! dude! and that makes them on the TOP! and so what if the opera can open unlimited tabs? is that an advantage? most people dont open so many tabs, especially organized people. so that advantage seem to be useless.

id rather use google chrome other than firefox

fast? how fast? microseconds? i dont care how fast it is. firefox speed is fast enough. it doesnt seem slow. maybe it dependent on the users computer speed. but to me, the speed of browsing experience in firefox is enough to satisfy my needs. and i dont think those add-ons are simple. they rocks! dude! and that makes them on the TOP! and so what if the opera can open unlimited tabs? is that an advantage? most people dont open so many tabs, especially organized people. so that advantage seem to be useless.

I always have around 20 tabs open and Firefox crashes when I try to do that. Opera is the only browser that can keep over 20 tabs open 24/7 as I do. Take a look at a screeny of my browser.

id rather use google chrome other than firefox

Have you tried Opera?

Hi all
Undoubtedly Fire fox is the browser I like the most and use the most

Hi
Google chrome is also at equal competition to FireFox I found out.

ok i respect your opinion... coz you are true browser critic, but im just basing my opinion on popularity, firefox dominate the whole asia like a storm in internet cafe here in the Philippines only 2 browser exist! IE and Firefox, but most of people is now using firefox. Actually 1st im a IE user, but since i tried firefox, specially those add-on which is like help me a lot specially bunch of web dev tools offers by these add-ons make my life easier. Well your right i havn't tried opera, so i should not judge it directly... umm maybe ill try it....ill try the speed thing rather than the unli tabs. Peace!

Member Avatar for diafol

Jeez guys, get a grip. We're discussing why we like our favourite browsers not trying to carve up a small oil-producing nation between two superpowers. If you like something - great, knock yourself out, have a party. It doesn't mean everybody has to share your enthusiasm - after all we all use browsers for different purposes. I regularly use at least three different browsers - depends what I want to do. Doubtless if a new 'better' browser comes along, I won't be held by any 'brand' loyalty to my CURRENT fave, Chrome.

Jeez guys, get a grip. We're discussing why we like our favourite browsers not trying to carve up a small oil-producing nation between two superpowers. If you like something - great, knock yourself out, have a party. It doesn't mean everybody has to share your enthusiasm - after all we all use browsers for different purposes. I regularly use at least three different browsers - depends what I want to do. Doubtless if a new 'better' browser comes along, I won't be held by any 'brand' loyalty to my CURRENT fave, Chrome.

owwww sorry master.... i wont do it again

How dare you. Browsers are the life and soul of the Internet. Where would we be without them! :P

> Jeez guys, get a grip

...on each others' necks; no point in continuing with this pointless discussion. :-)

Where would we be without them! :P

Probably using another interface eg terminal as browser just make it easier to browse the web.

@crunchie: hey im now using opera... i dont seem to notice the speed difference? theyre just the same? do i have to enable the opera turbo? or automatically? coz. i cant feel the speed here. its like im still using my firefox. Well then i like it's UI they have cool 3D interface... im really new here and can you tell me what's the 'must-have' widgets? or anything cool on opera.

hehe... ok ill take back my words... after trying and exploring opera, i am starting to like this cool browser. hehe beside their cool widgets one thing that really keeping me on firefox is the firebug add-on. i can't live without it. coz i use it regulary at my work. But after minutes of exploring i found out that they had some application that does the same thing as firebug. they call it the dragonfly.... so having the speed and my favorite add-on with me now? so what can i ask for? ;)

Another convert :).

so can u tell more about opera? anything cool? anything i must have? or must do/tweak?

so can u tell more about opera? anything cool? anything i must have? or must do/tweak?

Other than the Opera ad block there isn't really much more to tweak as Opera comes with all the features you will ever need (IMO).

Built in mail.
Want to open any program on your pc at the click of a button? Create one to do so and place it on the tool bar. You can open notepad, Word, Outlook, whatever. You can also create a button to allow you to open another browser and view the exact same page you are currently viewing, all in one click.
Keep what opera call 'Notes' that you can use in future again and again. Good for people like me who use a lot of canned replies.
Speed dial.
Open any Tab that you have closed in the current session.
Lot's more :).

I use Firefox. I utilized to use Netscape until they stop updating it. I still use Netscape 7.2 to drive and receive my email and newsgroups.

I still use Netscape 7.2 to drive and receive my email and newsgroups.

I believe Opera can do that for you...

Built in mail.
Want to open any program on your pc at the click of a button? Create one to do so and place it on the tool bar. You can open notepad, Word, Outlook, whatever. You can also create a button to allow you to open another browser and view the exact same page you are currently viewing, all in one click.
Keep what opera call 'Notes' that you can use in future again and again. Good for people like me who use a lot of canned replies.
Speed dial.
Open any Tab that you have closed in the current session.
Lot's more :).

okay ill try that... hehe

opera doesn't support all-new yahoomail?

My favorite has been FF for quite a while now (unless the website DEMANDs Internet Exploder - but of course we have a low opinion of the entities and programmers that DEMAND Internet Explorer), but some of the newer browsers are giving FF a run for their money. One of my machine has six different browsers on it, so I can compare them against each other.

opera doesn't support all-new yahoomail?

Works fine for me.

I used to use FF all the time but honestly, it's becoming worse and worse in my opinion.

I've currently switched over to Iron (by SRWare), which is Chrome's source code minus any information mining crap by Google. I love how fast Chrome loads, and that there is pretty much no clutter with the UI, as the actual page takes up most of the space.

FF is seems to be getting bloated, and besides code testing + Firebug I don't use it anymore. I've been interested in looking at Opera too though...

Works fine for me.

how? it tells me the my current browser which is opera doesn't support the all-new yahoomail. Im forced to switch to the classic one. Do i have something to configure 1st?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.